Random Thoughts

Blackfoot

Cheeky, I so agree with you! Today was a beautiful day. Aye the sky was bluuuue!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh..aye..why are people scattered so far? Can I trade my neighbors for them? We'll start with leafblower guy...

Carnations are my favorite flower.

Proverb - “If friends were flowers, I'd pick you.”

Proverb - “Friends are flowers in life's garden.”

Proverb - “May all your weeds be wildflowers.”

“If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.”

~Ghandi

Garden.jpg

To walk in a garden of flowers is truly Heaven on Earth.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Hoping for an end to the fires in Cali

Huh..it's only midnight

I'm feeling like Tigger.....or a Frisky Kitten.....hmmm, and the Witching hour has only just begun.... ;)

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

For those of you who like good movies, I highly recommend Secondhand Lions. To be honest, I had avoided it because it looked a ) too sappy and/or b ) too kid-oriented. In fact, it is a nice balance of traits and quite an enjoyable movie. (While there are no pirates, there is a sheik with an eye patch. :lol: )

"Just plant us in the damn garden, next to the stupid lion." :lol:

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

For those of you who like good movies, I highly recommend Secondhand Lions

Hey ... that was a fun movie....

WAR MOVIES...

"Letters from Iwo Jima"

And

"Flags of our Fathers"

Hey... you gotta watch them in sequince........ the Jap version of what happened.. and the "Hero's" version of what happened....... woh.....

I liked "letters" untill I got to the part where the Japs were taught to shoot our Medics...... sorry... lost it thare.....

(and another disclaimer.... I don't hate the Japaneese (quite) that much... but remember..... my Father was a Marine stationed on Okanawa... prepitory to the assalt on mainland Japan....Bombing two citys or my Dad getting killed Assaulting Japan ..... I'll give you three quesses how I feel..... (another asside.... why do the Japs kinda forget that they started the War?.... and continue to whine that we bomed them?

Arrgh ain't reconstrutionist History soo much fun......

Went into town today to do some errands — bank, post office, grocery store. What costume did I see the most?

PIRATE!!!!

Okay, so some of them were really cheesy dollar-store stuff, but hey, they tried. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should have worn my garb into town. That could have been fun.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I saw three or four Jack Sparrows last night (of about 60-100 kids at a friend's house where I always spend Hallowse'en). There were a lot of princesses, a notable number of hippies, several Power Rangers and a bunch of Star Wars characters (including a 6 - 9 month old baby in a Yoda costume. :rolleyes: ) I wore my new brown tricorn and some of the kids recognized me as being a pirate. My friend thought I looked more like an 18th century revolutionist -- and I'd have to agree with him.)

"This happens to be me native soil and I like it. In fact, I love it. And no Hessian oppression is gonna put me off'n it." -Bugs Bunny

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

It is amazing when you take a break form doing something and when you go back to it you truly realize how much you have missed it and how good you truly are at it.

Before they rebuilt the terminal I work in, there used to be a wall sized mural of the world map next to Starbucks. I would sometimes sit with my Cafe Mocha and wonder at that very moment what was going on in one of the tiny outlying islands or remote areas one has likely never heard of. Yet there's people there with lives, doing things..just wondering what their lives are like, what it looks like there and what they were doing. and perhaps that somewhere someone was loking at a map of NY at that very same moment wondering what was going here..hmmm

It's the little things in life that makes one truly happy.....especially when you take time to smell the flowers along the way.

It amazes me sometimes how much making other people happy brightens my own outlook.

The most recent example for me is my silly Halloween haunted yard display. By the end of the evening, I, with my goofy ghosts and gravestones and schtick about being Victor Frankenstein in his laboratory, had made several hundred people laugh and scream and come away with a smile and a wow on their face, in addition to the obligatory candy.

It feels really...really...good.

All the "thank-you's" and the "wow, this is the coolest house ever" are nice too, but just watching them have a good time was the best. It's like the proverbial contact high.

Yes, I miss being able to do the living history events I used to be a permanent fixture at. I miss the smiles from the kids and the thank-you's from their parents. This whole college thing sometimes makes me wonder if it will really be worth the sacrifices my family and I are making at the end of the run.

Bo