Random Thoughts

Blackfoot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing Grace, highly recommend it, even if you don't care for that period of history or the topic, the ship scenes should make you drool...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Would it be?? It bears careful consideration...

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

two word response...

Kung Pao!

Or my favorite......

Kung Pao Kitty...... ;)

I think one of the lingerie shops sells a Kung Pao Kitty outfit for those with, how shall we say, "different" tastes... oooohhh... actually, I'm thinking Hello Kitty....

;);)

Egad, the sun is up and I haven't had coffee... and... why am I sitting here behind this keyboard?!?!?!

c-ya!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I think one of the lingerie shops sells a Kung Pao Kitty outfit for those with, how shall we say, "different" tastes... oooohhh... actually, I'm thinking Hello Kitty....

;)   :lol:

Hello Kitty! What a marketing bonanza.

For the Kitty! fan who has everything:

hello_kitty_smart_8_500_1155114068.jpg

Not officially licensed.

Hello_kitty_car.jpg

Officially licensed. (You can see more of the Mira's officially licensed Hello Kitty! car here. Blackjohn and Duchess - you guys need one of these.) :o

A few years back, I read the story of Sanrio which focused on founder, Shintaro Tsuji called Hello Kitty: The Remarkable Story of Sanrio and the Billion Dollar Feline Phenomenon by Ken Belson & Brian Bremner. It's quite interesting. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to see how a pop marketing phenomenon like this can survive in multiple countries (Japan, China, Europe, US etc.) for over 40 years without substantially changing the message of the product. (Hint: it involves very shrewd marketing.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Or my favorite......

Kung Pao Kitty......  ;)

Egad, the sun is up and I haven't had coffee... and... why am I sitting here behind this keyboard?!?!?!

1) Kung Pao Kitty aye? Hmmm :lol:

2) John, that is because I filled yer mailbox last night...oops...sory heh

CAts! cats! whooooooooooooooooo!!!! look out! aggghhhhh!

oh wait!

thats me.......... :o

It's truly amazing to me how even a "good friend" can turn on you over things you have no control over. A deeply saddening thing that has me questioning my continued presence here. B)

Expect my resignation as moderator within the next week. :D

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Do radical ideas that threaten institutions become institutions that are threatened by radical ideas?

Yes but the radical ideas that the former radical ideas are threatened by are actually the former institutions. We never really get any new ideas, just the same spectrum going around and around. They only seem radical because no one ever realizes that it's all been done before.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

It's truly amazing to me how even a "good friend" can turn on you over things you have no control over.  A deeply saddening thing that has me questioning my continued presence here.  B)

Expect my resignation as moderator within the next week. :D

Whoa!!! Jack you serious? Sorry to hear that, hope you can work things out!! You would be sorely missed!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Think waaarm....think waaarrrmmmm

need a good spring thunderstorm....soon i hope

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I'd be happy enough with some Spring like weather......

I hate snow, and my toes are freezing..........

And I have to go back outside in the snow and split some fire wood, so my toes will freeze more untill I can get them warm again with a nice fire......

RANDOM THOUGHT.....

You ever notice how Icy and Icky are almost spelled the same.........

Red CAt lends Patrick her fuzzy pink socks

Saw the most incredible IMAX film yesterday. It was in 3d! I don't even remember the name, but suffice to say, it was about the Apollo missions, and the special effects were absolutely, without a doubt the most amazing I have ever seen. Really made you feel like you were there in that magnificent desolation... Oh, and that was the name of the film. It really was heart-wrenching...

My Home on the Web

Why is some people rarely practice what they preach and yet they blast everyone for not living up to the standards that they don't even strive for?

Crewe of the Archangel

Why is some people rarely practice what they preach and yet they blast everyone for not living up to the standards that they don't even strive for?

You enter the realm of what motivates people to do one thing yet say another. I'm sure we've all done this at one time or another. Look inside yourself, see if you've ever done that, then ask yourself what your motive was. It might be similar to what motivates this person... or not. And just because someone preaches something yet does another thing, if they thing preached is valid, it is valid no matter what the motivation of the preacher. And... hell, everyone is human. Everyone makes mistakes.

As for blasting someone, well... as Buckaroo Banzai said, "Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."

(Gee, I've gotten to use that twice in as many days. Must be something going around.)

My Home on the Web

You enter the realm of what motivates people to do one thing yet say another. I'm sure we've all done this at one time or another. Look inside yourself, see if you've ever done that, then ask yourself what your motive was. It might be similar to what motivates this person... or not. And just because someone preaches something yet does another thing, if they thing preached is valid, it is valid no matter what the motivation of the preacher. And... hell, everyone is human. Everyone makes mistakes.

As for blasting someone, well... as Buckaroo Banzai said, "Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."

(Gee, I've gotten to use that twice in as many days. Must be something going around.)

Certainly been there done that, just not the blasting bit... I've blasted for other reasons but not because other folks aren't living up to my ideals... friends say I am harder on myself than on others, I hope that is true...

Crewe of the Archangel

Any body know anything about "taste buds?" Can you damage them enough so that overnight your taste for things actually changes drastically?

Crewe of the Archangel