Random Thoughts

Blackfoot

Here's one:

I was in the store yesterday,rolling my eyes as I walked through the lingerie section,and the thought occured:what is the deal with men and the whole garter belt thing? Wouldn't they prefer bare legs and feet with something pretty and skimpy(some effme heels for effect are nice)? I refuse to wear them,they always seem to be in the way. Guys,enlighten us. Girls,any share my feelings on this?

Never known a woman who wore a garter belt! A teddy works... Heck, flannel pj's work, on the right woman!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the deal with men and the whole garter belt thing?

Well..... they keep our stockings from getting wrinkly or falling down.....

OH.... you ment garter belts (and lengere) for women to wear......... :lol:

It's kinda like a Christmas gift... whats inside is fun.... but we like unwrapping the gifts also............

I thought the "Lizard King" was a reference to Jim Morrison...

No one has seen Jim Morrison in a really long time.... so I figure the title was avalible again.......

So I claimed it......

It will look so cool on a resume............

I figure that if the Lizardman wanted the title, he should have grabed it when it was still avalible...... I claimed it first, so he's SOL........ ;)

But as the Lizard King I might Knight him..... as an outstanding example of...... well something.........

Would love to hear what Blackjohn wants us women folk to wear....!

I have seen that Lizard man on the shows that cover Tat Conventions....some of them even put those ball bearings under the skin to have that ridged dino look.....hmmmm i bet that feels wierd under the covers... :)

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Here's one:

I was in the store yesterday,rolling my eyes as I walked through the lingerie section,and the thought occured:what is the deal with men and the whole garter belt thing?

There are probably (at least) four things at work here.

1. It is something to remove, which is apparently of interest to many people. (I believe Patrick called it "unwrapping the gifts...")

2. It has been strongly associated in our minds with sex and has become a sexual indicator in and of itself. (This is sometimes called "anchoring" in psychology. As in, you anchor an object to an emotion or feeling.)

3. It is an article of clothing that does not obscure anything. So it could be said to invoke a sort of "hiding but revealing" aspect. (Implying seductive naughtiness on the part of the wearer if you stretch it (so to speak). That calls to perceived "naughty deviant behavior" as well as a sex/guilt thing some people love to indulge in. (More on that below.))

4. It hearkens to a more Victorian Age when talking about sex was taboo which appears to be a big turn-on for some people. I suppose this assumes that you want to be caught doing something naughty. (Another example of the whole silly guilt/sex thing that has spawned a lucrative S&M market, among other things.)

That reminds me of a scientist I was reading about who has compiled a sort of manual of facial expressions and their meanings. Apparently, we are unable to completely control our facial expressions and there are some psychologists who even believe that facial expressions are directly tied to the emotions felt in the brain. According to his studies, we can control our face most of the time, but when something first strongly impacts us, our faces quickly reflect our mind's feeling about it without our even being aware of it. This whole process can happen in a few seconds.

Anyhow, this scientist has been studying and cataloging facial expressions for decades and he has developed a pretty good ability to read people's often used facial expressions and assess their meaning. He was explaining that Bill Clinton had some facial tic or some such that he often used that projected the idea that he wanted to get caught doing something naughty (although, I confess, I don't recall what the expression or tic was - if anyone is interested, LMK and I'll go back and look it up.)

He explained this to someone on Clinton's staff early in C's career and offered to help teach the then-president how to lessen the use of this expression. They turned him down because they were afraid hiring such a consultant might make the prez look bad. (Whew! They narrowly dodged that bullet!)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I refuse to wear them,they always seem to be in the way.

Another thought on the subject... since the object of lingerie is to entice the male of the species into a mating act, should not the female of the species adorn herself in the type of decoration that the male desires to see her in?

I understand the mentality of your point as far as the allure goes. I guess I'm looking at it in a more practical manner(ever had one of those belt ends swing down and catch your eye or nose? talk about ruining the moment). I can see the 'unwrapping a gift' aspect as noted,but I think more on the lines of 'sharing' each other versus 'giving someone a gift'. That sounds a bit removed,or one-sided, to me. Also, in ways, I feel the man is lusting after the clothes,like a fetish, instead of me. Just a thought.

on said subject of alluring clothing or lack there of...... have no use for it meself but if me mate wished that be up to him.....

although never understood why anyone would want to wear somthing that be see through or gauzy when without it does similar to the mood at hand

somethign else that falls to each thier own be in this life

:o

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Don't wanna work, and I really would rather not be this sober.

I agree. Sobriety severely cuts into my drinking tyme.

Here's ta' swimmin' wit' loose limbed women....

Iffen ah'm drunk ta' tha' brink, do prop me up, me darlin'...

But iffen ah'm anywhere near bein' sober ta' me gills, do buy me a drink!

I fully intend to tuck into a nice bottle of Irish whiskey when I get home.  :rolleyes:

Jamesons? Bushmills?

Now yer fekkin' talkin', mate!

A man after me own black heart!

Here's ta' swimmin' wit' loose limbed women....

Iffen ah'm drunk ta' tha' brink, do prop me up, me darlin'...

But iffen ah'm anywhere near bein' sober ta' me gills, do buy me a drink!

I've always found my preference in women favours those with some years behind them. The younger ones typically require too much instruction. dev.gif

Ever read Ben Franklin's paper on the benefits of an older mistress? Great read!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I always get a chuckle out of his "Houseguests, like fish, stink after three days."

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/