Random Thoughts

Blackfoot

;););)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sterlings making me dizzy ..lol

Seriously, Sweedish?

Had cloudberries this AM. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

::Looks at audience, puts hand to mouth:: If he really is he'll know what these are.... ;)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

By tha oral gods!

Conch fritters, conch fritters, conch fritters!

Key Lime pie, li'l bread pudding, shrimp boiled up wit' a quartered lime an' lemon and a splash o' cayenne, side cup o' shrimp bisque, a cold Red Stripe or Heinekin, stack o' blue crab an' a bucket fer tha' pieces, a pineapple tart just because......

Cover me, I'm goin' in. If I'm not back in an hour, send in the Swedish Bikini Team....

I think I've found Shangri La as well! Err, except for that Swedish Bikini Team thing. Oh, and I'll take wine instead of ale...but other than that, Shangri La for sure! ;)

Now Ransom what tis wrong with being Swedish and blond? ;)

;) Nothing, Captain, but please, don't tell me you wear a bikini!

Ooh, peeps. I'm a hereditary peep addict. For my Dad, there is NO Easter without peeps. ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

http://swedensbest.com/cloudberries.html

Did you know you could get cloudberry jam over here... I grew up on the lingonberries...my Gram's favorite... and Swedish pancakes, still have her griddle and the Dalahäst, have the Rooster too.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

;) Nothing, Captain, but please, don't tell me you wear a bikini!

ACK!!! HORRORS NO!!

Crewe of the Archangel

;)   Nothing, Captain, but please, don't tell me you wear a bikini!

ACK!!! HORRORS NO!!

Whew, I was kinda worried there for a moment. ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

^Thinks peeps..sugar rush...ahhh that explains some of it lol aww

dalahorser.jpg

Had an awful lot of fun here at the pub with everyone today.

Few phone calls, many PM's from Cheeky and others and thinks Sterling's giddy personality is highly infectious.

Sterling, yes. Ikea has cloudberries. Just have to make sure they're fresh. Lingonberies? Thought growing up that everyone lived on these. and headcheese (ok everyone laugh...it's good stuff!)

Grew up on Scorpor and Wasa and those biscuits with Cardamom. Have an unusual craving for cardamom. No IKEA? Try www.nordicdeli.com

OOh your Granda made the pancakes too? Yum! Cinamon buns!

Have any of the Tomten or Horses?

Wow Sterling, Red Cat, Sjöröveren... yesh! Viking blood...

Have you ever roasted peeps over a bonfire? It's kinda sadistic watching them melt and ooze, but they taste oh so good! Nothing like molten peep guts. :ph34r:

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

A thought....or a query..

I wonder why it is here that when you start a thread or post something, some people feel it's their duty to spew venom all over your thoughts, good fortune, or just a word. I can't help but wonder what drives some pub members to be outright nasty towards one another.

I'll take the time to post something and it's completely ignored.

I'll start a thread, and someone will feel driven to s**t all over that thread not once, but many times. I know it only makes THEM look childish, but I just require a bit of assistance in understanding the motivation behind this....

I joined this forum thinking it was a merry place of comeraderie, but I've been proven wrong countless times.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this, or has an explanation.

http://swedensbest.com/cloudberries.html

Did you know you could get cloudberry jam over here... I grew up on the lingonberries...my Gram's favorite... and Swedish pancakes, still have her griddle and the Dalahäst, have the Rooster too.

I once made a cloudberry malemel (fruit flavoured mead).... It turned out amazing.. I may still even have a bottle or two around... Unfortunately, it cost way too much for the ingredients (frozen imported berries are expensive), so it is a recipe I will be very unlikely to duplicate...

And PirateSSe, I know it's hard, but there will always be angry people in the world, the only solution is to try and not let them get to you... in the past I've argued with the,... that doesn't work as one has to stoop to their level to argue.. so that doesn't work... I've tried to avoid them, but found I was only denying myself some good people's company in trying to avoid the few bad apples... Even ignoring them doesn't work, as venomous people will always find the need to spit in certain people's directions regardless of circumstances... Ignoring them just seems to have the least amount of ramifications... Hope this brings you some confort and comes as good advice..

Michael_banner.jpg

Yah know...I tried peeps, and they never seemed to grow on me.

Then I tried a microwave. :lol:

Anywho...

Piratesse - I do understand that your intentions on the thread I think you're speaking of were good and true, but do understand that not everyone will agree with you, and this is the Internet. Folks will voice their opinions, whether you like it or not.

My own response is what I felt, and I know that it was not harsh, and hope it wasn't harshly felt. This comes from a happily single woman as of late. :huh: To each their own for holidays and festivities, eh?

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Sterling, yes. Ikea has cloudberries. Just have to make sure they're fresh. Lingonberies? Thought growing up that everyone lived on these. and headcheese (ok everyone laugh...it's good stuff!)

Grew up on Scorpor and Wasa and those biscuits with Cardamom. Have an unusual craving for cardamom. No IKEA? Try www.nordicdeli.com

OOh your Granda made the pancakes too? Yum! Cinamon buns!

Have any of the Tomten or Horses?

Wow Sterling, Red Cat, Sjöröveren... yesh! Viking blood...

Horse and Roosters....as for Totems alas not a one... Oh and Skittles, the wife of our First Lieutenant is Norwegian by background and she plays a full Norwegian for her persona in the crew... she's currently working on an 18th century Bunad for her gear.....

So, Finish your kit, fly out to Port Washington and if we can arrange period camping.... I'll make Swedish pancakes for breakfast!!

Crewe of the Archangel

Yah know...I tried peeps, and they never seemed to grow on me.

Then I tried a microwave. :lol:

Anywho...

Piratesse - I do understand that your intentions on the thread I think you're speaking of were good and true, but do understand that not everyone will agree with you, and this is the Internet. Folks will voice their opinions, whether you like it or not.

My own response is what I felt, and I know that it was not harsh, and hope it wasn't harshly felt. This comes from a happily single woman as of late. :huh: To each their own for holidays and festivities, eh?

I wasn't directing it at you at all. There are definitely those who want to be single. I was not disrespecting that at all. It's all in what makes you individually happy.

Just wondered who else felt happy on that day. I must have hit upon a real sore spot.

There were a few who just kept coming at me, wanting a fight. I don't know what makes people like that tick.

I felt like saying, "There, there, it's alright."

Quite alright milady...I felt no slant towards myself on the discussion.

Well...I can see differing points of view on this. On one hand, I look at the folks paired up (or families, or friends) who take on the holiday and do with it what they will, from simple meals together to an all out celebration of their bond. And I see others, paired or not that do nothing on the day. And that's alright with me. On the other hand, I do see our holidays getting more and more commercialized (not just the radio and tv ads, but take a look at the supermarkets and craft stores when certain days roll around). Does kinda make me feel odd from time to time (moreso around Christmas, when I have no family local to me to share the joy with).

Does it make me feel bad to be single on Valentines? Naw.

And I will find Mr. Right (or Close Enough) someday. Just not right now (cuz I'm at work). :)

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Have you ever roasted peeps over a bonfire? It's kinda sadistic watching them melt and ooze, but they taste oh so good! Nothing like molten peep guts. :lol:

And the sugar on the outside fuses. Roasted marshmallows, only crunchy! (For some reason this works especially well if you let the Peeps go several months stale first.)

Kids got heart peeps for Valentine's, guess who's eating them? snigger

Crewe of the Archangel

A co-worker's husband of mine was absolutely mad for them. A couple of years ago, I found a case of them for a good price, so I picked them up and brought them to work. She gave the case to her husband and reported later that he was making his way through them very quickly...

I don't like them, but Iron Jack does. And they are starting to feature them on all holidays now, not just Easter, so he gets them several times a year.

RHJMap.jpg

Hummm...do I see a Pyracy Peeps club forming?...hummmm? :lol: If so, count me in! LOL

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Anyone volunteer to write the company and suggest a skull and cross bones peep? :lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

OOh! roasted peeps!! I loove toasted marshmallows. Toast em o the stove in the winter. Peeps sound great. I'll have to try that!

Anyone volunteer to write the company and suggest a skull and cross bones peep? B)

Votes yes..for Pirate Peeps! :P