PIRATECON 2007

Bosun Carmina

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of our crewe will be there!

We just got confirmation that we will be hosting the Port Royal Past/Present panel discussion, and I slip back into character as Mary Read for part of a panel on Female Pirates :)

We will also be setting up shop in the vendor area.

Woo Hoo Nawlins Here we come!!!!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Glad to see that so many pirates plan to sail to my homeport in April! :) Bosun Carmina and Puck Pirate are working hard to promote this event. The Baratarians will be in attendance! Of course, we have to beat those British invaders first! B)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pyrate Leather, it was great meeting you guys in St. Louis last summer - can't wait to meet up again in New Orleans.

I'll be wandering the event, snagging interviews with some of the VIPs and attendees for eventual airplay on Bilgemunky Radio - so start thinking of something clever to say ;)

I AM BILGEMUNKY

It's definitely going to be a good one. For my presentation on the Wickedest City on Earth I'm heading down to Miami this weekend. A museum down there has 150 artifacts from the sunken city plus historical records and rare maps on display. Can't wait to play down there and get some more good shots for the presentation at PyrateCon.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I'll be there! Blackbead with his treasure chest, his replica flintlocks, his pirate toys and most importantly, his treasure from around the world and the most beautiful beaded jewelry on this, or ANY side, of the Spanish Main! :rolleyes:

I got me copy of the chart showing how the smuggler's market is going to be set up and I noticed some mighty big names. Gives me great hope that this event will become a yearly party for us all. :rolleyes:

See ya there, me hearties, and till then, a fair wind and a fat merchantman fer ye all!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

We will have 8 of our crewe there. We will also be bringing our online shop along in physical form, selling pirate valuables, jewelry, trinkets and such along with other assorted flotsam and jestsam.

Should be a blast. Those on my crewe include myself, the lovely Diosa, Red Handed Jill, Bootleg, Youngblood, Touche, Oryginal Cinn and Blackie.

== Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

That's sounds like a grand 'ole time. I heard about it from a friend at Wicked in Jersey. Unfortunately, we won't be able to go that weekend. I would love to see it happen again 2008.

Rotten, evil, no-good plotting, spoon-fed, going-to-hell-in-a-handbasket lass!

Always trying to bury that little devil on my shoulder and go to the angelic side -

even if just for a moment - choking down whatever evil scheme I was plotting!!!!

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

My Webpage-----Pyrate Invasion at PARF-2004-----MDRF 2004 Opening Day

There have been some updates to the entertainment list to the PyrateCon2007 in New Orleans during the third weekend in April.

www.pyratecon.com

The Pyrates Way will be set up with a booth selling subscriptions, back issues, and offering free pyrate portraits of all new subscribers! The vendors' list is growing and after talking to the folks running the event, (The IPS), there are a LOT of surprises to come!

A Pyrate Pub Crawl is always a fun event. . .but to invade THE FRENCH QUARTER in full garb? This is gonna' ROCK.

Hope to see some familiar pyrate faces!

I wish I could attend, but alas I had already made a committment to my son's school Silent Auction that weekend. If I didn't think there would be consequences to dropping out of the Silent Auction, I'd be there with my boots on.

Have a great time and share lots of pictures.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

We just got word yesterday that Isaac C. Singleton Jr. plans on appearing at Pyrate Con! I'm sure you will remember Mr. Singleton as the Bosun in Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, the one who backhands Elizabeth!

Is he the one with the mutton chop side whiskers, Carmina? The one I'd look like if I trimmed my beard down to same? ;)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Cap'n William:

No, sir! That be Kevin McNally; Isaac C. Singleton, Jr. be the tall, scarified African-American fellow that plays the Bo'sun of the Black Pearl.

You wouldn't look like him even if'n ye shaved every hair off your piratical head!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."