PIRATECON 2007

Bosun Carmina

PIRATECON 2007

Pirates, Buccaneers, and Privateers Conference

April 20-22, 2007

Holiday Inn Superdome

New Orleans, La.

Don yer best buccaneer garb and join yer scurvy brothers and sisters for the first all-pirate conference in historic New Orleans, Louisiana.

Here is a partial list of activities for the weekend--

Celebrity guests--including 'Ol Chumbucket and Mad Sally of "Talk Like A Pirate Day" and "Wife Swap" fame in a rollicking lesson on how to bring pirattitude to your everyday life.

Buccaneer's Masquerade Ball--crowning the celebrity Pirate King and Queen and their 2007 court

Concerts featuring pirate bands--including the Jolly Garogers!!!

Booty giveaways

Pirate Invasion parade through the French Quarter starting from Jean Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop

Vendor's room--all things piratical for sale (special prices and concessions for vendors--check it out!!)

Speakers and Panels--historical and otherwise

Audience Participation (interactive) showing of "Pirates of the Caribbean-Curse of the Black Pearl" (presented by the Crewe of the Black Pearl)

Activities to benefit Save the Manatees and children's charities in the wake of Hurricane Katrina

If you are interested in attending, being a vendor, running a panel, joining our corporate sponsors, or donating to our charity, please contact:

Catherine Goren

puckpirate @ hotmail.com

or

Carole Bolt

pirategirl57 @ hotmail.com

Public Relations

2007 Pirates, Buccaneers, and Privateers Conference

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds absolutely grand!!! Deffinately making note of it and the fact that proceeds go to such well worth charities just furthers my interests! I think I could do with a trip to The Big Easy. :lol:

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Entrance fee?

Local Hotels?

Available rooms?

What's the area like surrounding the site?

What's the weather like that time of the year?

Also... how can a crew get involved or would we be only spectators?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Ahoy there, me hearties!

After months and months of being marooned, BLACKBEAD RETURNS!! And just in time for this auspicious occasion! Let me be the first to step up and ask for a vendor application! And for more info on me, check out www.Blackbead-jewelry.com. I have the finest movable pirate's market in the world! I sell the most beautiful hand-plundered jewelry, the most realistic looking replica flintlocks, the most incredible treasures from around the world, and I'll sell ye a treasure chest to put it all in! Drop by me website to order your "Middlefaire 2006" t-shirts, as well! See you in The Big Easy!!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Then it will be company well met, Monsieur Blackbead. It has been a year ago last September in Muenster since I had the pleasure of your aquaints. We can catch back up on our conversations regarding Cavalry!! :rolleyes:

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

By the blood of my twelve apostles! Well met, indeed! It's been a long, long time since that fateful day in Muenster, standing under the fly of me tent, talking of life, death and everything in between! How have ye been? Life has taken a tenfold measure of greatness for me and mine! I look forward to another meeting and a pint or four or five! I'll have to tell ye all about Middlefaire and me plans to build a 35 foot, two masted barque to be "permanently docked" in Hillsboro! Till we cross mugs again, my friend!

Blackbead

Call it a done deal....Margaritaville and the first round is on me!! B)PM me with the skinney on Middlefaire, I am most curious.

The weather should be in the 70-80's at that time. The Holiday Inn will have special rates for con attendees! Our website will be up by the end of next week, and will contain all the info that you'll need!

If you'd like to be involved at a vendor, entertainer, or speaker, email me at: pirategirl57@hotmail.com or you can email Cathy at : puckpirate@hotmail.com

Already my crew knows where my intentions are directed. That's what friends are for! You guys are the best!

Yes I was wondering about all those points and was to then question about performers.

What can I say. Always on the look out for my crew and more to do!

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

THE WEBSITE IS OPEN!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Check out www.pyratecon.com for all the news on the event. I hope to be one of the first vendors to sign up! See ye there!

Blackbead

Carmina,

I paid me tariff and got me receipt certifying me as a paid up vendor! BUT, when I was first contacted by phone there was mention of a map of the facility so's I could be choosin' me berth. The words "first come, first served" were used. The problem? There was no such map. Is there another way we can do this or is there a record being kept of when who paid so that I can make me choice in the proper order? Any information would be a pleausre to receive!

Blackbead

Great! Our company will be registering as a vendor and we're anxious to stake out our claim.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hurricane,

Well met, me bucko! What do ye sell? I carry jewelry primarily but I also sell replica flintlocks, treasure chests of different sizes, and various piratical toys and the like. I'm considering hats but I'm pretty well stretched to the beam in me finances. See ya in Nawlins!

Blackbead

Ahoy!

You can see our online store at http://www.piratesofthecoast.com/shop - my wife does the designs for most of it.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com