PIRATECON 2007

Bosun Carmina

Cap'n William:

No, sir! That be Kevin McNally; Isaac C. Singleton, Jr. be the tall, scarified African-American fellow that plays the Bo'sun of the Black Pearl.

You wouldn't look like him even if'n ye shaved every hair off your piratical head!

Blackbead

Yer right, I don't notice a great deal of resemblance! B)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye; brothers UNDER the skin tho' ye may be! But I dare say, from what they say of ye, slappin' something as lovely as Elizabeth Swan might occur but it wouldn't be across her face; instead it'd be one of her nether cheeks that would feel the palm of yer hand!! :blink:

This event is getting more and more exciting. The only problem is that I'm going to be spending so much time vending and not enough time drinking and pirating! But I plan on bringing many gee-gaws, pretties, plunder and swag for me pirate friends to buy and there'll be things for both gentlemen and gentlewomen of fortune. So bring a few extra ducats . . . ye might want a new pin for your hat or a pretty necklace to twinkle in the moonlight or even a new (replica) flintlock to hang from your belt.

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

But I dare say, from what they say of ye, slappin' something as lovely as Elizabeth Swan might occur but it wouldn't be across her face; instead it'd be one of her nether cheeks that would feel the palm of yer hand!! ;)

Blackbead

Aye, these mates do speak true of me! ;) (Ah, what a lovely image in me mind's eye...!) ;)

Capt. William

The school that we have chosen to benefit is N.P. Trist Middle School. Hurricane Katrina devastated the school, and they lost everything. It is serving as a special needs school now, and will reopen as a regular middle school in August. They need everything: pens, paper, pencils, notebooks. This school is located in the St. Bernard Parish, and there is not even a Walmart or any place like that in which the students may purchase the supplies they need because the area was so devastated. They also lost all their band equipment and uniforms, which is a shame because they had previously marched in Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans before Katrina. The school's team is the Pirates! And the school's address is 1 Pirates Cove, so it seemed the perfect school on which to focus our efforts!

We are suggesting that Pyrate Con attendees bring any school supplies that they can fit in their luggage to the convention. Friday morning of the convention, the school will send their buses to our hotel and will pick us up, and, dressed in full pirate garb, we will bring treasure chests full of school supplies to present to the students. For those people bringing supplies who will not arrive before this, we will have collection chests where they may drop off their supplies, and we will transport those to the school after the convention.

I be liking the idea of a vendor's pub! We'll have to check it out!

And I shall be bringing some supplies for the school - and I mean paper, pencils and the like, not rum, cutlasses and powder! I know that when I were a lad, we always had all the rum sharp, edges and things that go bang that we needed no matter WHAT!

Blackbead

We are so on this! We have 36 bottles of Elmer's ready to go along with markers and such. We love doing schools so our crewe will be happy to go with you. We also do music for the kids if you want that to. We've done tons of schools over the years.

Do you know what kind of band equipment they need? Do they need things like trumpets and stuff?

I'll put it out to my crewe and get them to collect and join in on this.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Terrific!

Great! We're thinking of doing a little fund raising here among the crewe and picking up some instruments for them so if we can get some specifics that would be great. We have some connections around here for that sort of thing.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

We are so on this! We have 36 bottles of Elmer's ready to go along with markers and such.

I'll put it out to my crewe and get them to collect and join in on this.

-- Hurricane

I gave up eating glue for Lent so you can have all of my stash Captain! :)

Sheila forever!

Green, it's not a color, it'a obsession!!!

We just got word yesterday that we have 3 more actors from Pirates of the Caribbean coming to Pyrate Con! Lauren Maher (Scarlett), Vanessa Branch (Giselle), and Isaac C. Singleton Jr (Barbossa's bosun) will be guests of honor!

Now I have to head off to Gulf Wars in Lumberton, Mississippi along with about 5,000 other attendees! Catch ye in a few days! :ph34r:

I don't care if we deserve it or not! This is shaping up to be an event for the ages! Check out the www.imdb.com pages on all three of these folks.

This Con is going to ROCK! Imagine all the pyrate vendors, entertainment, speakers, classes, and meeting folks you've only ever chatted with online and all just walking distance from the French Quarter.

If you're going to visit just one pyrate event this year. . . PyrateCon is the one to invade!

• 2 weeks later...
This Con is going to ROCK! Imagine all the pyrate vendors, entertainment, speakers, classes, and meeting folks you've only ever chatted with online and all just walking distance from the French Quarter.

If you're going to visit just one pyrate event this year. . . PyrateCon is the one to invade!

No one could say it better! :ph34r:

Capt. William

God, what a horrible site. Breaks my heart. We're off on a shopping adventure to get some new instruments for the kids...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Hurricane, our Director says that they need all types of band instruments, including trombones, clarinets, snare drums, and tubas.

And if ye go to the Pyrate Con site now, ye can see pics of the devastation that was wrought upon the school by Katrina:

http://www.pyratecon.com/hurricane.html

I know a number of people who may still have old high school instruments laying about unused. Do you have a list of needed instruments?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Cap'n William:

No, sir! That be Kevin McNally; Isaac C. Singleton, Jr. be the tall, scarified African-American fellow that plays the Bo'sun of the Black Pearl.

You wouldn't look like him even if'n ye shaved every hair off your piratical head!

Blackbead

I actually worked with him @ Disney when he was in the indiana jones epic stunt spectacular (MGM Studios) many moons ago. he's quite a nice fellow.

Sir Beachem Quick,

Captain of the . . .

TheMW-1.png

. . . a small but dangerous

crew.

I've been on the phone practically every day with the director of PyrateCon. . . they're really super busy dotting all the I's and crossing the T's. . . they're out getting all the paperwork done with the city so traffic will be stopped for the HUGE Pyrate Parade (the throwing of beads and pyrate stuff is going to ROCK!). M'wench and I have started setting up our "staging area" of all the stuff we have to pack into the truck.

She also just finished a black on black pyrate captain's coat with gold and maroon trim. . . not going to wear it until the Privateer's Ball during the Con.

The Spring Pyrates Way will have the Con's brochure printed right into its pages, so make sure you get one when you get to New Orleans.

I CAN"T WAIT (does it show?)

Yup, looking forward to it. I am just finishing up my Port Royal presentation (what a doozy) and we're packing up the Pyrates store for the trip. Overnighting on the way in DeFuniak Springs to pick up a couple cases of might fine Florida wine to drink in the Big Easy.

-- Robb

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny