What Are You Cooking Tonight?

The Doctor

Grilling out tonight. Lovely evening for it.

Two stakes marinated in whisky-BBQ sauce, fresh corn on the cob, seven layered salad and potatoe wedges.

oh, and Rum and Coke with lime...can't have summer fun without summer drinks!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

We went up to Madtown to Ella's Deli tonight. I had a meatloaf sandwich, fried pickles, fried cheese sticks, coleslaw & a banana split with a mug of root beer. Then, of course because it's the *real* reason we go up to Ella's, the little swab got to ride on the vintage 1920's carousel.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Went to Guadalajara for dinner then hit the outdoor mall downtown for people watching and live music, which goes on here every Friday night during the summer. Actually the college students that play for practice and loose change are sometimes better than the bands themselves. Tis amazing the sounds one can coax from and old paint bucket.

As we walked, the snotties pretended they had just dropped anchor in a new port and had just come ashore to enjoy the market place... very much the atmosphere that is created here especially with the wonderful mix of cultures.

Myself and the Far Better Half debated on just how long it would take Charlottesville to recuperate if the crew of the Archangel just walked from the Omni all the way down to the bandstand just once!!! ;);) Most likely a year B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Smoked a venison shoulder roast for five and a half hours, turned out nice and tender. B)

I always like bringing things from field to table. Shot it, butchered it, cooked it. (not all in one day, it was shot back in deer season last fall) But it kind of gives me a link to the origions of the Bucaneers and their pre pirate ways.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Well it will be tomorrow night..or..it it tonight? the sun will be up soon..I shall make a nice guacamole . mmmmmmmmmmm :D

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 2 weeks later...

For dinner I baked Hawaiian Chicken which was breaded then I added pineapple and passion fruit chunks with brown sugar and cinnamon, and a bit of pineapple juice. Then as a side dish we had some sweet Hawaiian bread.

I must say it turned out quite delicious.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

LOL, it was delicious...If I had known I would have invited you to dinner.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

Well, Haunting Lily it was our turn last night to have Hot Dogs, with cheese, mustard and ketchup, and chips.

;);)

French Onion Soup...mmmmm, can I come by for dinner. I love French Onion Soup. My grandfather used to make the best soup ever.

Glad I could make you laugh. ;)