Port Royal, Jamaica

sirhenrymorgan

Mocha porcelin was marred by furrowing brow and she scolded severly,

"Now how someone gon' raise anot'er already grown....She not be de one I speakin' of...It be de one she houses. De boy chil' you don' want to know...At least dat be de way it seem."

Papillion moved away towards the trees.

"You boys be all de same, go' no sense....Maybe de younger bruther make a difference wit' what was yer own...."

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sterling remained prone in the grass only half listening to the woman prattle on. Half hearted laugh was offered.

"Not wish to know my own son? I have made the best arrangements I can possibly make without taking him away from Mistress McKinney." His tone quieted. "I could not do that to Lilly, it would kill her. Besides what does my son have to do with...." he sat up suddenly. "She houses... you mean Aurore? She is with child? Mine?!"

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Papillion paused in step, casting glance over shoulder, "Dat wha' I tol' you, Boy. Jus' like all dem other....don listen. Bu' it don matter, do it. You got no clue an' so busy wit yer own concern to be givin' anyone benefi' of de doubt."

She reached the edge of trees.

"So you go on now, Boy...You take no heed to wha' I say. Dat chil' do jus' fine wit'out you. He be jus' fine in'na fam'ly trade an' tha' Frenchie migh' jus' raise him right...."

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

"You are right," he said, climbing to his feet. "Like the other, this one will be better off without me." He shook his head. "My God, she did not even tell me." He looked across at woman, unseeing. "Thank ye for ... for your help." And he began walking back to port.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Papillion turned full face, allowing him some distance before saying anything more.

"Bu' she did tell you...While you were walkin' in de Dream Times...Before you woke up ded...."

He halted, foot paused in step. Moment passed before he took another step forward, then suddenly rabbit turned, vaulted back over fence and raced back to cottage.

Crewe of the Archangel

...The elder philosopher smiled, a shining white glint compared to the dimly lit room. With his head held high he turned, striding across to where the boisterous man stood. The younger Spaniard followed closely behind, tanned palm still cupping the steel handle, his urge to gut the insolent Anglican barely contained.

Elder smiled at the newcomer as the two men drew near, the expression never reaching past his lips. “Pliz don let uz baver yor, eh, drix, zur.”

Trilby glared at the two men. "Why is your lot in Port Royal, eh? Lose your compass? Sextant fall overboard? Big ol' bathtub of a galleon run aground somewhere's? I sure cannae think of any other reason you'd be takin' up space in the Royal Grace."

With a flourish, Trilby plopped himself down at a nearby table, more than a litle intriqued to know just what a group of Spaniards would be doing lurking in the common room — stupid as sea worms, or plotting something? He didn't know a word of Spanish, but cocked an ear in their direction anyway. Never could tell what he might decipher from all their gobble-patter.

"Oi, Spindlethorpe. Bring me a nice Scottish whiskey. And nae try tae foist off any of that Irish piss, mind!" To emphasize his point, he banged his fist on the table, making the oil lamp jump and the flame flicker and smoke.

Then he turned his bearded countenance toward the next table, gave the scowling group a toothy smile, and muttered under his breath, "Popish bastards."

HerbalBookPage.jpg

Pace was soon slowed to walk as Sterling admitted he was only fooling himself into thinking he could manage a return run. Unconsciously hand remained firmly planted against pain in side. As he walked along he did not try to hide the fact that he was once again on Devareaux land. Let them put a ball between his eyes, he did not care. A child. Another boy. And what of daughter? Feet stopped as mind began to turn once more. And he hated it, wishing he could just turn it off.

"Bu' it don matter, do it. You got no clue an' so busy wit yer own concern to be givin' anyone benefi' of de doubt."

He knew all too well that he was selfish, but was it so wrong to be concerned for daughter as well as any other offspring? Next step progressed in halting manner.

"He be jus' fine in'na fam'ly trade an' tha' Frenchie migh' jus' raise him right...."

Temper began slow burn. He would be damned if Lambert would take claim and give name to his own even if wife did not truly care. And there was the rub that he would not accept. Was it wrong, selfish, to desire one to love him in return with more than just mere words?

"You be makin' fool choices, boy"

He stopped, hands coming up to press against tightly closed eyes.

"You about to make a bigger mistake den de one you already have."

Aye, he mumbled under his breath. He had made a mistake, one that had broken his heart.

"Dat chil' do jus' fine wit'out you."

Startled, he wheeled about and stepped back, looking to where loud crashing of undergrowth pulled him back from deep thought. Low nicker was offered as Chestnut happy to find companion, seemed to trot up from no where. Reins were quickly collected and velvet nose came up to nuzzle owner.

"I shall name thee Judas, shall I?" Sterling grumbled. No further rebuke was given, instead forehead came to rest against soft jaw for a moment before stirrup was grasped and Sterling swung himself back up into saddle.

"Dat chil' do jus' fine wit'out you."

Gently, pat was applied to sleek neck. Then Chestnut all too eagerly obliged when urged forward back toward port. As mount's thoughts focused on comfortable stall and food, master's thoughts wondered if Nelly Greene would truly be waiting.

Crewe of the Archangel

Those with deep rooted loyalties rushed word to cottage with Barro Rom's sighting. Beggar Prince urged speed to younger sibling, full aware of what current conditions would beckon. The fact that expected audience was dodged; that Renard was clothed in Mourning garb...The unfinished buisness from a couple days in the past screamed impending doom.

Stomache had soured and he tried to be understanding to sister's lethargic pace, occassionally whispering words of gentle encouragement to coax her progress while watching the back parameter of yard from window's view.

Eyes drifted to where Noir now stood saddled and at ready, another glance was thrown to stream then he turned on heel. It was as if a gaff had been driven through heart to the center of very soul to see her perched upon ticking and damask. Rushing to her, arm was slipped about tiny waist and he ushered sister down hall and stair to the yard outside.

Mounting Noir, brethren aided in handing sibling aloft. Once secure, one arm rounded in protective manner and spurs were put to task. With forward leap, mount and passengers surged towards front gate which already lay open in accomodation then was brought to closure with passing.

Sancturary returned to faux normalacy just as Roi crossed water barrier.

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Chestnut continued along Port road, jogging along at easy pace. Sterling, seemingly, only along for the ride, paid no attention to mount or surroundings. Hand remained firmly affixed to left side and soon, tired from thinking, blond head began to nod.

Crewe of the Archangel

Rider was noted up ahead, and Sabastian cursed under breath that nearing obstacle lay dead center of the road. Quickly calculating, left knee was presured into inky side and Sibling was held a bit tighter for the slight shift of centering balance.

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Chestnut head raised, ears twitching backward, as feet began anxious dance. Blond head raised, roused from catnap and curse was freely uttered.

"DAMNATION but you are trying my patience!"

Crewe of the Archangel

In a flurry of hoof and divets, Noir passed kindred without so much as snort and continued break neck coursing towards The Port. Good time was being made under the circumstances, but that was soon to change as sister gave protest and demand for halt. Brother tried to reason the impracticality of such, but younger would have no truck with such.

Reluctantly and not without concern, Noir was slowed.

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Quickly reins were collected properly as brother-in-law flew passed like madman trying to escape demons from hell. Chestnut, now side stepping in attempt to give chase, was held back. For an instant, all that seemed needed was to sit and wait for Noir to dissappear around distant bend and then Chestnut could be coaxed back to tranquil ride. But then... Noir skidded to a stop and Rabbit found himself forced to reason which way was best suited for next bolt.

Crewe of the Archangel

Sabastian dismounted carefully, then reached to help sibling down. He looked after nervously as Aurour made for the left cane field. This was not something he was conditioned for, though not unfamiliar with the nature of such things, he found himself unsure of what needed be done.

Noir watched curiously as Beggar Prince began to pace....

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Hearing too keen as to be a curse at times. Now was one of those times, as Sterling sat upon Chestnut unwilling to calm. He watched as brother and sister dismounted and Aurore made for the cover of the near field. It had not been the first time he had known the sound of morning sickness and he watched, waiting for brother-in-law to help poor unfortunate. Instead Sabastian only began helpless pacing back and forth, accomplishing nothing but kicking up dust and dirtying boots.

"Go on ye great fool," Sterling muttered under breath. "Go and help her!"

Crewe of the Archangel

Noir's attention turned from pacing as first wretch was heard. Sabastian fumbled step slightly and glanced hesitantly in the direction of sound. Deep breath was taken and held unconsciously until all was quiet. Sibling did not emerge as brother anticipated; pacing resumed.

ClaudeDuval.jpg

"Damnation!" Sterling exclaimed, finally giving Chestnut his head. Lunging forward, animal flew into gallop, easily closing the distance before Devareaux could so much as look up. Sterling flinging leg over horse's neck, dismounted.

"Bloody useless Pratt," he growled, glaring at other man. "At least watch my horse!" He added making his way quickly into the field. "Aurore!"

Crewe of the Archangel

Cold sweat lay as glistening sheen over paled skin and she felt ashamed of current state. In dazed manner, Aurore stared vacantly ahead and made to regain footing...a prospect denied with next wave of nausea. She half heard name call, quickly dismissed as body clenched uncomfortably.

"Here, Chere, let me help you," Sterling said gathering long curls and gently pulling them back beyond slender shoulder. Arm wrapped protectively about waist as he steadied her. "Let it go. Do not try to fight it. It will pass." His eyes closed as he held her, body only too content to feel the warmth of her once again. As she bent forward, other hand came to craddle forehead and give her a place to lean and balance. "It will pass," he whispered hoping to encourage her as best he could.

Crewe of the Archangel

Recognition of touch and voice gave sooth to harried senses and her soul calmed momentarily...Then reality struck. Turning whiter shade of pale, she fought like frightened animal; fought to protect the treasure she carried from spector's hold.

Wiggling free, Aurore made two successfull steps in retreat before tripping on hemline and crashing into greenery. She rolled with a squeek, wide eyed and terrified that Spirit had come to punish; had come to collect claim.

" Iesus Salvator Hominum!" Words escaped lips as fear gripped him at Aurore's strange turn. He leaned down to her, hand held outward in offering of help. "Devareaux! Come quickly yer sister is not well at all! I need a hand! Damnation man what are ye waiting for?!" He stepped forward but Aurore only retreated. "Chere what is wrong?"

Crewe of the Archangel

Commotion broke Dauphin's trance, urgent cry brought him into the rough like small bull in china shop. Sister waved him off in effort to divert from danger, but he rushed forward and dropped to knees. Gathering her close, he whispered sooth in native tongue as Aurore continued to struggle.

Glaring at "Brother In Law", Beggar Prince mouthed the words....

"She thinks you are dead...."

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Broad grin at amusing notion, was quickly vanquished as he slowly stepped forward realizing the trouble he was now causing...yet again, hand still extended before him.

"Take my hand Chere. Touch me. See that I am flesh and blood just as yerself. And even if I weren't do you think that I could ever truly harm you?" As words spoken, something shattered inside him. "It were a clumsy attempt gone amiss to try and protect a murdering fool from the gallows. I.. I," he stopped and straightened, hand dropping uselessly back to side. "I did not mean to frighten you." He looked to elder sibbling and with shake of head turned to leave for openness of road.

Crewe of the Archangel

Sabastian rose, aiding sister to do the same, then eased her grip from him. More words of sooth were rendered and she watched him follow after Mari with wide, frightened eyes.

Closing the distance, Dauphin reached forward to catch Sterling's shoulder. As the other turned with contact, parchment was produced and handed over with sly hand; body blocking transaction from Younger's view. Sabastian's features went slack, the torment of events drawing toll on handsome face. His voice was kept low as statement was made...

"Walk away now and I will know this was no lie, but that it was your true intent..."

ClaudeDuval.jpg