Pyrates of the West Coast

~stops in her tracks.~

Blast it all. Forgive me sir william make that 9 throwing daggers. I forgot this one.

~turns around and pulls out a very small dagger from her cleavedge, and hands it over.~

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARRR...Mr Wake......ye has me armourment in yer hands sah........an' I apologizes fer the tirskness in me voice........but a slack ship be a slow one mate.........all well an' good bein' 'armed t' the teeth' sah......but a ship needs a tight rig........ :)

'sheesh'.......now would ye look at that anchor!!..........(marches orf t' debarnicle the anchor chain).... :lol::o

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

While checking on Daggaz, Tempest hears a heavy thud. She sees an ornate black blunderbust on the floor near his hamock. Seeing the gun she desides to just go ahead and collect the rest of his affects.

She finds:

A Baldric with:

1 Cutlass

1 goldplate small shloger blade

1 small pistol dagger

1 Scottish dirk

4 tiny throwing blades

A broad Belt:

1 skullbuckle consealed knife

1 tomahawk

1 leather pouch with:

1 bag of caltrops (10)

1 bag gennies(10)

1 cloth with a palm-sized black shark tooth

1 bamboo case with:

1 spy glass

A green sash with:

1 hidden Sgian Dubb

A Bracer with mermaid blade

A pair of Soft boots with:

1 small dagger in each

A gypsie scarf with:

small knife hidden in one end.

A large gold earing

An 3" silver Egyptian Anhk with:

1 hidden blade

A silver coiled Norse serpant ring

Breaches

Stockings

Shirt(destroyed)

French Captains Coat(destroyed)

Leather broad brim hat (destroyed)with

1 hidden punch knife

leather fencing gloves

Leather haversack tattooed with a wolf filled with:

1 bottle with:

1 note (a black dot)

no powder

no rounds

no black journal(Seen with him many times)

no additional blades

*Daggaz speaks in his sleep*

"Twoguns, SWIM!.....uhn.....Ransome, fire the main-brace!......zzz

Where did they come fr.....shoot! Blast yee!....."

:lol:

Well, well...What is it we have here, Mister Daggez...*Glancing over the small round rim of spectacles* It would seem that you are quite well prepared....*Wipes the minute sheen of humidity induced sweat from brow and stands. Thinking outloud...*I must speak to the Captain...The circulation of air in this ward is lacking and will not do for any contagious maladies...

Armand!...Ah, there you are. *Smiles warmly as the youth appears* Be a good lad and place the personal affects of our guest in the extra travel chest under lock and key...Please inform the Galley that I have desire for a strong pot of coffee in which to toast the beginning of this day, as well. Merci beaucoup.

*Looking to the restless sleeping form of DaggezEber and removing spectacles* You could not be in better hands, sir...Though it seems to me that you have played the odds in the past...Judging from that small piece of paperment in you possession. *Small knowing smile*

Armand, I am going to the topside. Please deliver the coffee there and let me know if our guest should raise to full wakefullness, if you will.

*Obtaining a volume of text from a nearby trunk, glances one last time to the inert form then leaves to gain the upper deck.*

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

ARRR...Mr Wake......ye has me armourment in yer hands sah........an' I apologizes fer the tirskness in me voice........but a slack ship be a slow one mate.........all well an' good bein' 'armed t' the teeth' sah......but a ship needs a tight rig........ :)

'sheesh'.......now would ye look at that anchor!!..........(marches orf t' debarnicle the anchor chain).... :lol::o

No apologies necessary, Master Badger. I expect to serve with officers of absolute requirements. Ships who relax there duties, relax their gaurd, and this makes my work more difficult.

So, be gregarious about your inspections.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

*Stepping onto the main deck with a quick survey of its parameter, gives a small stretch and yawn; blinking at the brightness encountered*

Good morning, gentleman. I see we have all made it through the night in good order.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

It appears I shall not be spendin me evenings off the ship much any more. Good men (turns and aknowledges ships surgeon on deck). Thar be naught a reason why as I can see that addressing many of these tasks and duties should not be addressed with a bit of concern for each others pride. And should not be addressed unless ones own duties and tasks finds one in the gally done and accomplish. Going in, this is in need of being said as well. We are mustering a crew, everyone of us the officers are addressed, we are the cruxt of this ships strength and power but a ship with only officers will soon find blame on all parts where the work be needin done. I! (clears throat) no, We! yes, We! All need to now be a part of this legacy and deliver our souls into finding crew to swab the deck, mend the sails weigh the anchor, polish the balls and work the ropes (so to speak). I employ us all now in that we all must come about. And let us all usher into this day and retrieve a crewman. One which too shares a love of our free sea, one with a skill for banter as well. But he must know how to perspire as anything less than 120% will not get this ship afloat. Take leave then, go amongst our friends and aquaintences and get us a crew! (turning to ships surgeon) is there any more coffee about?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Moves aboard the ship and looks for William.."Here i be William Now whar be Diego..? ah there he be. Captain Diego Good Sir William has asked me to step aboard and volunteer as a Lookout Sir. Id be more n happy to set meself up as such."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Why yes, Sir. I have an order into the Galley as we speak. My steward shall be delivering it directly. I do believe you will find its flavor enticing for it is from my private stores...I will tell you that I have no fears of getting my hands dirty and am well knowledged in the working of rigging and its demands. As long as my hands are not placed in risk...for that would be rather to a disadvantage.

*Notes Steward's presence with pot and one cup*

Merci, Armand...Encore une tasse, s'il vous plait. Merci beaucoup...

*Refocusing on Diego*

Another cup is on its way. Armand shall bring it directly.

:: returning topside wirth a small canvas bag full of specie::

Now where'd th' Master gunner get off to???

Pass th' word fer th' master gunner!!!

Bo'sun!

Rig out th' cutter an' a crew ta accompany the master gunner ta th' ware'ouse, load out 'r supplies.

Cap'n William, Prey 'ave th' officers lay aft, we need ta discuss th' operation o' careenin' 'r fine ship... I know of a fine cove o'er th---, nay, wrong cove... O'er ta the north end, wi' a spit o' land and soft sandy bottom...

Thankee Sir ::knuckles forehead::

:: notes Ms. Fitzgerald on deck, ambles past ::

Aye Lass...

:: under breath :: Care ta share a meal this a'ternoon?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

*Notices Dorian's approach, mid-sip of coffee and allows a small secretive smile fleet and dissapear*

Good morn to you, Mister Lasseter...*whispers reply to his question looking off to the Portside gunwale*

I can think of nothing better...

:: smiles and nods, stealing a glance into her eyes, continues on his way aft to the quarterdeck ::

Cap'n, fellow officers, Wot say ye ta the idea of a right proper careenin' afore we make 'r first sail as a crew?

There be plenty o' work ta be done, offloadin' the supplies a'ready aboard, dismastin' settin' th' cannons up ashore, ta name a few....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

*Meanwhile, Jack moves his things to the other side. Smilling, he wonders, "If someone like her, as pretty as she seemed woud actually steal. . ." *hearing his thoughts she replyed, "No Jack, I did not, they are mine." *A look of shock washed over his face. "Yes Jack, I used to be a woman of the Cloth."

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

A goodly cup of coffee is Gods gift to begins each day. Grammercy Surgeon. And who is this lass standing so perky and with a duffle bag of endeavor? Aye Siren ye be? Well lets go below and discuss yer willingness to work yer arse off lass?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

You are most welcome, Sir. If you will excuse me...I shall move to an area that is of convienence and out of the way.

*Watching after Dorian's departure, she gathers the pot and retreats to the Taffrail and a large coil of rope. Taking a seat upon its surface, she opens the volume concerning frequent maladies at sea; ocassionally glancing up from the pages to assure she is not in way of disturbing the progress of duties taking place.*

Master Diego.

(tips hat)

Good morning, sir. I'm happy to report that the stowed arms aboard the Watch Dog are considerable. I do believe, should occasion permit, that every man and woman aboard will be armed with at least two pistols each if we engage or are engaged by an enemy force. Every able seaman has a knife and almost all have a hanger of sufficient length.

There are a few members of the crew who have not reported their arms for the log and for stowing, but I chalk this up to the other pressing duties of the day.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

:: smiles and nods, stealing a glance into her eyes, continues on his way aft to the quarterdeck ::

Cap'n, fellow officers, Wot say ye ta the idea of a right proper careenin' afore we make 'r first sail as a crew?

There be plenty o' work ta be done, offloadin' the supplies a'ready aboard, dismastin' settin' th' cannons up ashore, ta name a few....

Quartermaster drop anchor kind sir. We are all to be about searchin for the right men to round out a crew of seamen, gunners and marines and that be the primary focus I addressed whilst ye be below. Let there be a few aquaintances you too might wish to approach for these positions are of the mandate to this point. Too sir have them P/M me as I would like to interview the potentials afore their posts, sir!

Master Diego.

(tips hat)

Good morning, sir. I'm happy to report that the stowed arms aboard the Watch Dog are considerable. I do believe, should occasion permit, that every man and woman aboard will be armed with at least two pistols each if we engage or are engaged by an enemy force. Every able seaman has a knife and almost all have a hanger of sufficient length.

There are a few members of the crew who have not reported their arms for the log and for stowing, but I chalk this up to the other pressing duties of the day.

Aye aye!

Apologies ta all fer me absence - 'twas some pressin' business ta be handled upon shore...

*whispers to Diego*

"Sir, this be BAD luck havin' these female types on board...I don't think we should be..."

*catches sight of the cook*

"AHEM...as I were sayin. sir - a FINE idear ye had, ta be recruitin' so Democratic and such-like..."

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

*Meanwhile, Jack moves his things to the other side. Smilling, he wonders, "If someone like her, as pretty as she seemed woud actually steal. . ." *hearing his thoughts she replyed, "No Jack, I did not, they are mine." *A look of shock washed over his face. "Yes Jack, I used to be a woman of the Cloth."

<< Good Lord! One blink, and ye've missed a day on this ship! >>

:: gives Kendra a suspicious, quizzical look, then smiles ::

My sincere apologies, m'lady. I had no call to suspect you of thievery, even though ye be among pyrates. And I had no idea my puzzlement showed on me face as much as it obviously did.

:: cocks his head to the side ::

A former woman of the Cloth, eh? Well, love, you'd not be the first to become dissatisfied with the Church. Happens every day, I'm told... Well, then, I should be off to me station and see what's what. Until later? :)

:: emerges on deck to the smell of coffee ::

Ahh, breakfast!

:: returns Swan's greeting ::

It'll be a pleasure serving with ye, I'm sure.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Apologies ta all fer me absence - 'twas some pressin' business ta be handled upon shore...

*whispers to Diego*

"Sir, this be BAD luck havin' these female types on board...I don't think we should be..."

"AHEM...as I were sayin. sir - a FINE idear ye had, ta be recruitin' so Democratic and such-like..."

Mate, thar be no secrets upon this ship! Adding that the women addressed fer employ on the Watch Dog are without exception the best man for their job. We are but brothers and sisters thar will be no incest!

*whispers to Diego*

:: approaches Diego and Phil ::

*hushed voice* Mate, you don't really believe those tales of woe about having the fairer sex aboard? Next, you'll be telling me we've got bloody mindreaders aboard!

:: looks around and smiles ::

Coffee, my friend? Our new cook makes an excellent cup!

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

*whispers to Diego*

Mate, thar be no secrets upon this ship! Adding that the women addressed fer employ on the Watch Dog are without exception the best man for their job. We are but brothers and sisters thar will be no incest!

*Passing by on the way back to the Ward, with a look suspicion at First Mate Phil and pausing...*

Is there a problem, gentelman? I do beg your pardon...but if it is that you feel that my reputation as a practitioneer of Medical Arts is of a sub-par level...Then you are more than welecome to address said issue...*jaw set ridgid* Now...if you will excuse me. Time and tide wait for no man and either do the needs of those in my care. I shall be below.