movie quotes game

Fancy

Nope, nope, nope and nope.

You're all thinking wrong side of the Atlantic

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Nope and nope.

Very long running film series, first one made in the 50s, last one in the 90s. 30 films in total, same 2 words in every title, short lived spin off TV series. Regular actors playing different characters.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

In the series of films: Kenneth Williams, Charles Hawtrey, Sid James, Barbara Windsor, Joan Sims, Jim Dale...

In this particular film: Kenneth Connor, Windsor Davies, Jack Douglas, Patrick Mower, Judy Geeson...

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Are you colonials really telling me that the "Carry On" films never made it to America? Blimey! The longest running film series ever? Began with Carry On Sergeant in the 50s and ended with Carry On Columbus in the 90s. I'm amazed! Obscure? I think not!

Since it's clear you're not going to get it though I'll give it to you - the line came from Carry On England.

I'll hand the baton to whoever wants it since it wasn't really my turn anyway...

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Are you colonials really telling me that the "Carry On" films never made it to America? Blimey! The longest running film series ever? Began with Carry On Sergeant in the 50s and ended with Carry On Columbus in the 90s. I'm amazed! Obscure? I think not!

Since it's clear you're not going to get it though I'll give it to you - the line came from Carry On England.

I'll hand the baton to whoever wants it since it wasn't really my turn anyway...

I thought Carry On was a song! But obscure Indeed! If it didn't do $50,000,000 (THATS FIFTY MILLION) in the box office "world wide" it isnt quoteable, Is that maybe O K ?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Carry On films do get shown occasionally on the BBC, but the BBC isn't exactly a film-heavy channel so it's not surprising if you haven't caught one. They really aren't obscure, they just haven't made it to the States obviously. Which really surprises me.

No idea about Rummy's quote, but I know exactly the feeling... :lol:

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk