How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

Sad..... :huh: The house dog at my work finally had to be put down. She's been there from the beginning, 5 years ago, I've known her the whole time. My first memory of her is when I went to get an application before the place officially opened. I walked in to an empty lobby and rang the little bell on the front desk. Noelle came trotting out and greeted me. Awwww...... :o She was 12 and was suffering pretty bad, it was finally time. My boss was digging her heels on this, I mean, it's not an easy thing to do at all. I've had to put down my own dog back in 1998, he was suffering from cancer. But finally she took her in today, just a half an hour before I showed up for work. So I didn't even see her today.... :huh: I got out the "in loving memory" display we always put out for any resident that passes on. I also got a rose and put it in a vase and then had it all displayed right there in the lobby. Once my boss got back we all had a good cry. It's just so sad, but at least she's not suffering anymore. :huh:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just so sad, but at least she's not suffering anymore.

Christine, this is the only way you can look at it. My condolences. :huh:

I get very choked up with my dogs. I'm very distraught that dogs have such short lives. I've had 3 awesome dogs in my life time: Pumpkin (called her Punky) she was a tenacious, but fluffy little border collie who was ourageously affectionate to me, but passionately hated mailmen. Sam was an abandoned Great Dane/black Lab that I my father found, he acted as if he thought he was human (rear feet looked like huge bananas when he laid down), Tyler was a brown lab that had more sense of humour than any dog I've ever seen.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Feeling better than earlier in the week....

I was just so wiped out from the first weekend of the Escondido faire that I was in bed all day Monday sleeping. Tuesday I was still fuzzy, yesterday better, today getting ready for another weekend of faire and feeling good...well except for the constant pain in my hips and my right foot.

I'll be seeing a podiatrist next week about the foot problem....

I sympathize totally, Christine. My condolences.

Painful to lose a pet.

At current.... sore and achy, but in decent spririts. Tired. The horses are feeling "burnout" and well, my burnout is subsided.

But, after working out Twister (which nicknamed Tweeter, another alias for Twit, long story)... my whole upper body aches, mostly my shoulders. Yeah, woke him up but he thought he was going to rebel and had the notion he wanted to drag me from one side of the arena to the other. Didn't work, I held my ground. Not bad for dealling with a 1,000+ lb animal! But, I'm paying for it today. Out of shape? Oh, hell ya!

And, well. Amazed I've remained on a horse so far. Christ! Bubba spooked when I was trying to take a hoola hoop off the fence. Something about the fence now, he's just not liking. No troubles if I have the item in hand while riding. It's only if there's something on or along the fences. Something that will have to be dealt with properly and worked on. He's a good horse... just a knothead a times.

Spirits are up as in a couple weeks I'll be heading on a 2 week vacation/class trip to Florida and Kentucky. I'm excited as ever! And, by the sounds of it... We will get to go to the Magic Kingdom! WOO HOO!! I get to go on the PotC ride! I'm excited!

Going to have lots of fun.

Ok... gotta dash, return to class. Jeff Griffith is at the Equestrian Center for a Clinic til Sunday, we are watching that again today. Joyful. :lol: Seen the bleedin' Clinic twice before already. I'm sure I will see it again.

Have fun today, all.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Oooo... Soak in enough sun for me, too Cheeky! Tis a wee bit chilly here.

Always gotta love those moments to yerself.

I'll be thinking of everyone while I'm on the trip. Guaranteed. :D

The trip or the horses? :lol:

Darn near forgot that I got to collect from a Stallion this morning. That was rather interesting. You've never experienced life until you either skydive, hold and alligator or collected from a Stallion! :lol:

~Lady B

:lol:

I'm sorry t' hear about th' dog, Christine, my condolences :lol:

Lady B, Have fun and live it up;)!

As fer me, I want to forget yesterday at work, no one seemed to smile, and everyone was grouchy and irritable..even before I showed up, and it seemed to continue and linger throughout th' day. that was until I did a very funny impression and got someone to smile a bit, and giggle, before I saw an improvement...even then, no one was in a good mood, and I fought off the contagion of frowning, with tasteful,"everyone could relate" humor, or i made jokes about myself, which improved the mood.

Hopefully today will be better, I have a long shift, an' I don't want any drama...

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

Thanks! I just have been dealing with bad news in just the last couple of days. I came home on Tuesday and was told our long time family friend died of AIDS. He had it for many years, got it from a blood transfusion, he was a married man with kids. He caught pneumonia and then was unable to fight it since his immune system was low. Then that same day, I come home from work and find out a neighbor of mine had killed himself. He had hid his depression so well from everyone, no one knew how bad off he really was. He was an ex marine. A friend and neighbor of his found him hanging in his garage. He was only barely alive. He was rushed to the hospital, but then at that point he was a vegetable, staying alive only by way of life support. His sister and his parents had to give their permission to turn off the machine. They now get to deal with cleaning out his apartment. And then I already mentioned how I came to work yesterday and found out the time had come for the house dog I took care of for 5 years needed to be put down. Um.....yeah....I have enough with all this bad news in just the past 2 flippin' days! :lol:

I swear, I gotta do something fun this weekend! Unfortunately I work Saturday, but then I'm free after that. Some good stuff needs to happen!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Hoping JAcky and company have a good time at the faire

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I feel like rubber.

I've been up since 5:30 (am, yuck!), spent an hour in the car & 4 hours on the train taking the little swab and two of her friends to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. Plus 5 hours in the museum, on my feet trying not to loose two extra kids. My feet hurt, my legs hurt, my back hurts and worst of all my shoulder hurts from carrying around all their "stuff" all day.

I feel like roadkill! :rolleyes:

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Hang in there dearie!

Also remember that your young lady will always remember the time "mom" took her and her friends to the museum....

Take care here's to you...

If nothing else, next week is mack town!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

QUOTE (Christine @ Apr 19 2007, 03:43 PM)

I swear, I gotta do something fun this weekend! Unfortunately I work Saturday, but then I'm free after that. Some good stuff needs to happen! 

Christine, the faire is runnin' in Irwindale, an this weekend is a pirate weekend!

After all that horrible news, I would agree! A good bit of mind removing fun, is definitely something Christine could use. :lol:

CrazyCholeBlack Posted on Apr 20 2007, 09:18 PM

I feel like roadkill! 

*passing the bubble bath, facial cooling mask, and foot massage lotion*

Here, this might help;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

I feel for ya, Christine.

Hope you go have fun soon.

Just severely down in the dumps. Same as always. Nothing's changed. etc.

first sunburn of the season B)

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I feel for ya, Christine.

Hope you go have fun soon.

Just severely down in the dumps. Same as always. Nothing's changed. etc.

Awwww....LadyB, I still feel bad with that happened. *hugs* :ph34r: Here's hoping things do get better for ya and soon. B)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Like maybe I said too much...sigh...ever do that?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Thanks, Christing. Ditto for you.

I wake up every day hoping that this day won't challenge me or be a problem. I need a moment's space to recover. But, a couple areas I won't recover.

I hear ya, Red Cat. Dare I ask what happened?

I think this goes for all of us-

"Damned if you do... Damned if you don't!"

Shall we live like we are dyin'? Or Cursed?

~Lady B

:(

I prefer to at least attempt optimism. Life has a way of changing when you least expect it, oftentimes for the better. I think about my life at various times and see how over the years there have been good periods and bad periods within it. After one particularly bad period in my life, I did everything I could to change my situation; it took awhile, but it did happen.

Keep a vision of what it is that you want firmly in your mind and work at making that vision happen, no matter what. Sounds like a cliché, but it is true.

RHJMap.jpg

Trying not to think too much about the fact that my husband and I are finally going to either sell or give away our last two horses. We just don't ride that much any more, and want to travel more. Don't want to spend my "golden years" limping around with a blown-out knee or hip, 'cause I got kicked, or fell off. I've had horses for 30 years, so it's a major life change. I start bawling every time I thnk about it, even though I know it's the right time. **sigh, sniffle, sniffle**

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I'm so sorry Ransom! *Lending th' tissues, an'a shoulder wit' yer name on it..*

I used t' ride an' take care o' horses meself...this is a major change in lifestyle, but believe me, in th' long run..ye'll thank yourself fer not havin' that blown out knee or hip or worse...it truly sucks, giving up wot feels like family members..my condolences :D

Hetha12.jpg

Trying not to think too much about the fact that my husband and I are finally going to either sell or give away our last two horses. We just don't ride that much any more, and want to travel more. Don't want to spend my "golden years" limping around with a blown-out knee or hip, 'cause I got kicked, or fell off. I've had horses for 30 years, so it's a major life change. I start bawling every time I thnk about it, even though I know it's the right time. **sigh, sniffle, sniffle**

You couldn't just keep them as pets at this point now? I dunno, if you've had them for so long they're like family.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg