How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

Cap'n Mad Eye, congratulations on your engagement, i wish you both all the happiness and health and a long life together :)

I'm worn out..but relieved and happy i'm going to stay with my friends from tomorrow until Sunday so i'll be getting out and relaxing and having a fun few days :)

hero.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty damn content.

I spent last Friday with a friend I hadn't seen in 22 years. It was like no time had passed at all.

Just got a promotion at work.

And I'm spending this weekend celebrating my promotion with Jack, buying a couple of side tables and hanging out with friends.

RHJMap.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Yes, I think that sums it up nicely.......... <_<

Now, now my dear Poet. That statement is far from what the Tao teaches...Do I sense some verbage of a small soft donkey with a ribbon adorned tail? Very unbecoming of you, for you are far better than that.

Silly Ol' Pooch...The fact of the matter is, if I were to allow all my "demons" to run rampet, I would find myself "gone by the board". Life is never an easy journey, you have to take the cards delt to you and bluff you way through on occassion...To fold is not an option. :huh: When things get nasty, it simply makes you enjoy the good moments all that much more. I count my blessings where they fall and am greatful. Tempt Fate? Damn right! I'll play the deck from either side and dare Fate to tempt me! :P:unsure:

So steady the course and dam the torpedoes!! Remember, my dear...Life is testing you...and it is, after all, only a test. "Slings and arrows", remember?

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Life bites the big one and all life forms must die.

Lighten up laddy! Ifin ye truly believe that, then what's the next step? I mean to say what is the steam in yer shorts such a contridiction ter yer fine education and learnin? Life is just that, life, celebrate all that is, not that which can't be changed. If it happened, it's history. Move on, let it go! Find joy in those that love you like we all do here but share not such a worthless thought of all living things must die. Of course all living things are going to die but it sounds like ye want to rush it up a little and thats not a good thing. It all passes like last nights supper out with the old and in with the new!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Now, now my dear Poet. That statement is far from what the Tao teaches...Do I sense some verbage of a small soft donkey with a ribbon adorned tail? Very unbecoming of you, for you are far better than that.

Silly Ol' Pooch...The fact of the matter is, if I were to allow all my "demons" to run rampet, I would find myself "gone by the board". Life is never an easy journey, you have to take the cards delt to you and bluff you way through on occassion...To fold is not an option. ;) When things get nasty, it simply makes you enjoy the good moments all that much more. I count my blessings where they fall and am greatful. Tempt Fate? Damn right! I'll play the deck from either side and dare Fate to tempt me! ;):D

So steady the course and dam the torpedoes!! Remember, my dear...Life is testing you...and it is, after all, only a test. "Slings and arrows", remember?

The very essence of the Tao teaches us that we are less than cow droppings, so why pretend to be anything higher?

"Gone by the board"..."Life isn't easy"..."Cards dealt to you"..."Count blessings"...with all due respect, M'lady, these are merely worn-out truisms - they might have been true once, but not for everyone, and certainly not for every occasion.

Life isn't testing me - I failed a long time ago - this is just the Summer School of Hell, and I'm handcuffed to the Desk of Misbegotten Memories while the Demons of What Could Have Been torture me with their pointed witticisms.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Lighten up laddy! Ifin ye truly believe that, then what's the next step? I mean to say what is the steam in yer shorts such a contridiction ter yer fine education and learnin? Life is just that, celebrate all that is not that which can or can't be changed. If it happened, it's history. Move on, let it go! Find joy in those that love you like we all do here but share not such a worthless thought of all living things must die. Of course all living things are going to die but it sounds like ye want to rush it up a little and thats not a good thing. It all passes like last nights supper out with the old and in with the new!

What's the next step? Heh, heh...

Fine education and learning? I'd give it all back for a real life. All the diplomas and certificates in the world don't feed your body or soul.

And perhaps the very act of constant change - of things passing rapidly into memory - is what I desire. Life is balanced by its counterpart, and we shouldn't fear one or the other - we merely grow tired of them.

~ Vegetius

Life isn't testing me - I failed a long time ago - this is just the Summer School of Hell, and I'm handcuffed to the Desk of Misbegotten Memories while the Demons of What Could Have Been torture me with their pointed witticisms.

Gauntlet thrown and recieved...

Alright my dear...Shall we travel into my past darkly?

Lets see...Some of the finer points, oh yes...

( No...on second thought, there is no need for me to air the past to the present...Therefore I have removed the former content. My apologies to those who witnessed it in original form.)

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Ooh, ohh, no, wait, my turn...

Let's see - 2 suicides (brother and uncle), one death by a drunken driver (sister) and father died one month after (I was 12), both brothers dead before they hit their late 40's...

I threw out a 15-year marriage. I've gone from living and working prosperously in such "real" cities as NYC and LA to a slimey little hole-in-the-wall in PA where the biggest thrill is to drink beer and cruise in your 1978 F-150 while the kids crawl around in the back, and if you're REALLY lucky, you get some jerky to gnaw on while you watch the latest live-action wrestling match.

I'm 47 years old, have made no mark in the world and probably never will, have a severe manic-depressive affliction as well as hair loss issues and a penchant for serving as a target for every manipulative woman in the county.

My cat uses me as a scratching post, so my arms and legs are covered with bloody wounds...

Oh...and I can't find my new pair of socks...they were around here SOMEwhere... :P

Yer turn...

~ Vegetius

No...I do see that what I say is of no point currently. Not being one to bring my demons out for display, for they are mine alone, I shall place them back in their respective cubby holes and not tell the darker tales that exist....And they are far darker, I assure you. I will not play quid pro quo of ante up. I have come to accept most of the Past and have moved on giving a healthy respect to memories in which to better my existance in the now and future.

I shall place one in check in the near future, that being the finalization of Academic pusuite. Medical school will do wonders for my soul....

*shakes head* There's no reason reason to talk like this Phil. When we are dealt with such things we are being tested and we are to rise above that. You just always keep busy, in some way or another. Get out and meet people as well. I'm sure you'll remind me how pathetic Wilkes Barre is. You just gotta keep making the best out of a bad situation. How are things going with looking for a new place to move? And also, you told me the other day on the phone you're starting a new job. Just always stay busy, keeps yer mind off other things.

And about being a scratching post by yer cat Pookie, this is why the front paws of both my kitties are declawed. You'll say, again, how cruel that is, but I don't feel like getting scratched up all the time. By not getting scratched up that's one less thing to worry about-lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Ooh, ohh, no, wait, my turn...

Let's see - 2 suicides (brother and uncle), one death by a drunken driver (sister) and father died one month after (I was 12), both brothers dead before they hit their late 40's...

I threw out a 15-year marriage. I've gone from living and working prosperously in such "real" cities as NYC and LA to a slimey little hole-in-the-wall in PA where the biggest thrill is to drink beer and cruise in your 1978 F-150 while the kids crawl around in the back, and if you're REALLY lucky, you get some jerky to gnaw on while you watch the latest live-action wrestling match.

I'm 47 years old, have made no mark in the world and probably never will, have a severe manic-depressive affliction as well as hair loss issues and a penchant for serving as a target for every manipulative woman in the county.

My cat uses me as a scratching post, so my arms and legs are covered with bloody wounds...

Oh...and I can't find my new pair of socks...they were around here SOMEwhere... :P

Yer turn...

Welcome to the N F L who the hell died and left your worries in charge get the hell over it pouty patty! First you are lucky the cat doesn't use you for a litter box! Second! Hair loss really? Like you didn't know that the reason men lose hair is because their bodies produce much too much testasterone! I met two fullt bush headed tweakers at the airport one time and they were laughing and pointing at me baring scalp I told them this: "you know why i'm going bald?" and they leaughed and shook their heads no I said "from standing on my head so assholes like you can kiss my ass" Third everybody has lost loved ones everybody and as long as we have relatives we (the human race) will continue to loose loved ones! get over it. A 47 year old drooler yer turning into and you are way so much more than that, NOW GET OVER IT! and write a screen play for a movie and leave your mark by seeing that the movie gets made. Then when you accept your oscar for best original screenplay you can start crying for the whole world then will be watching. Otherwise quit cryin in yer beer and get back to pirating!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Touchy-feely time, gang!

You KNOW the way my mind works...you KNEW this was coming...I WARNED you... ;)

...how do you FEEL...

........right here, right now?

I'll kick off...tired; coming off a long jag of sleep-deprivation experimentation; mellow (Thank You, Anita!); neither optimistic nor pessimistic about the future; happy to be allowed to share my particular brand of insanity with you all...

yeh yeh yeh

Yeah, socks would help Rogue. You get the socks, I'll get the shoes to go with them-lol! ;) Then we'll all fly out to Wilkes Barre, PA and have a big ol' Pirate Pub Party at Phil's house. Sound like a good plan to everyone? :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Yeah, socks would help Rogue. You get the socks, I'll get the shoes to go with them-lol! ;) Then we'll all fly out to Wilkes Barre, PA and have a big ol' Pirate Pub Party at Phil's house. Sound like a good plan to everyone? :)

If he hasn't got a smile ya think he's got the rum?

Couldn't hurt.

But seriously Phil, those truisms you dismissed earlier CAN be used in most situations. When confronted with difficulties, you can either wallow in self-pity or accept that parts of life are tough and that if you keep moving forward, a lot of that stuff eventually goes by the wayside. Or you learn to deal with them. Occasional short duration self-pity is normal - extended self-pity is a waste of your time. Life is too damn short to wallow in misery. A few suggestions:

- Declaw your cat

- Get some psychological help to find out why you keep attracting and being attracted to the wrong type of woman.

- Do something that will take you outside of yourself, like volunteer.

- If you're that upset about the hair loss, there are lots of options out there nowadays. Investigate them.

- Move away from Wilkes Barre

- Concentrate on what's right with your life rather than what's wrong.

- Accept that many of your problems can be solved only by you - and that they ARE solveable.

I know I'm not saying anything original or earth-shattering here. I've been through things that would turn most people into whimpering idiots (in fact, some of them DID turn the other people involved into whimpering idiots.) Cataloging possible solutions and giving myself a figurative kick in the behind are what got me through those times.

RHJMap.jpg

Hey, you've got the pirate invasion at the PA faire to look forward to Phil...

Everyone gets in these dark depressions, and it's not easy to pull through them. The hardest thing to do during these times is to remember that there are so many good things in life and you have family and friends that love you and want to see you happy. You can say that's a sappy statement (and it is) but you can't denigh that it's true. :lol: