How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pissed off -- our house was broken into yesterday afternoon -- in broad daylight, while everyone was at school/work! They took my laptop, jewelry (including our wedding rings) and a pirate-chest bank with about $10 in quarters. Cowardly bastards -- stay the hell out of my stuff! :lol:

<_< Oh, man, that sucks big time! Because we live so off the beaten trail, I'm always afraid of getting robbed. If we're gone for more than two days, I always hide my jewelry, then pray like mad no one hits our place. But, I guess no matter what you do, you're never safe from thieves. Bastards!

Right now, I'm pissed. Our neighbors just got two more dogs (they already have four) and they let them run loose all over the place. Today they were out by our pond, and when I tried to shoo them home, the one that looks like a Rotwieler (?) cross, just stood there and barked at me, and seriously thought about charging me! I have found these guys in our barn as well. So, I called our neighbor's house and got an answer machine. Left a very curt message. KEEP THOSE BLOODY DOGS IN YOUR OWN YARD!!!!!

If I see them in our yard again, I call animal control. If Chain Shot sees them in our yard again, the dogs will "disappear."

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Pissed off -- our house was broken into yesterday afternoon -- in broad daylight, while everyone was at school/work! They took my laptop, jewelry (including our wedding rings) and a pirate-chest bank with about $10 in quarters. Cowardly bastards -- stay the hell out of my stuff! <_<

So sorry to hear this...what a damn shame... hope they catch the guys..

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Halleljuah Plo Koon is finished... now to unpack all my stuff again... damn, I don't think I will ever be ready for an event early...snigger... but my "public" awaits... even the kindergartners want to see the eye.. I have to admit they are well worth the extra effort...although I have a feeling I will get the same old questions..."what happened?" they just don't get it...too cute.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Red Bess that sux!!

Any news on it?

I had some bastards punch in my rental car window and steal my purse..grrr. Bastards!!!

It's the cutlass for all of them cowards!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Halleljuah Plo Koon is finished... now to unpack all my stuff again... damn, I don't think I will ever be ready for an event early...snigger... but my "public" awaits... even the kindergartners want to see the eye.. I have to admit they are well worth the extra effort...although I have a feeling I will get the same old questions..."what happened?" they just don't get it...too cute.

So...how is Captain Sterling a "Hero" again?

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Just a customer who is making me uncomfortable at work..Off and on for a year now

Does your boss know?

You shouldn't have to put up with that sort of crap. That tired maxim about the customer being always right is absolutely wrong. An unreasonable or abusive customer should never, EVER be considered more important than a loyal employee. Smart companies nowadays are siding with loyal employees, since unhappy employees = less than stellar service.

If this is face-to-face harassment, take his picture and tell him that you will be posting it to the hollaback.com anti-harassment site.

RHJMap.jpg

Sorry to hear of your woes Red Bess..i hope they catch them and skin them alive..

As for my customer..yes management knows and so far do not seem to care. He insists I wait on him and keeps asking me out and when I tell him im VERY happily married he says So your husband does not have to know. He kissed my hand, I hand my hands at my side and was standing with a fellow co-worker and before I could disappear he came up and said..I feel Im making you skittish and uncomfortable and I apologize. Being a good person I accepted his apology and he reaches down grabs my hand and kisses it..all wet and sloppy I nearly lost my lunch. I jerked away and told him to never put his hands on me again and walked off. That is just one of many events...I cannot seem to shake him and he is becoming more persistent.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Then definitely take his picture and tell him it will be posted on a very public and well-known harassment website.

And don't worry about being polite. My guess is that he enjoys making you feel uncomfortable - tt gives him a sense of power. So take that power away from him. Personally, I'd keep a large blunt object handy and if he tried his usual tactics again, I'd promise him a world of pain. Or say very loudly, "IF YOU DON'T STOP HARASSING ME I'M CALLING THE POLICE!" Sometimes public embarrassment will stop these guys. Or, you could have a co-worker record this guy on their cell phone and then tell the guy that the recording will be sent to the police. And then send it. Let him know in no uncertain terms that you're not going to put up with his crap. And if management has a problem with this, remind them that creating a sexual harassment-free workplace is the LAW.

RHJMap.jpg

Then definitely take his picture and tell him it will be posted on a very public and well-known harassment website.

And don't worry about being polite. My guess is that he enjoys making you feel uncomfortable - tt gives him a sense of power. So take that power away from him. Personally, I'd keep a large blunt object handy and if he tried his usual tactics again, I'd promise him a world of pain. Or say very loudly, "IF YOU DON'T STOP HARASSING ME I'M CALLING THE POLICE!" Sometimes public embarrassment will stop these guys. Or, you could have a co-worker record this guy on their cell phone and then tell the guy that the recording will be sent to the police. And then send it. Let him know in no uncertain terms that you're not going to put up with his crap. And if management has a problem with this, remind them that creating a sexual harassment-free workplace is the LAW.

Jill is absolutely correct and your company is wrong especially when they could easily send someone else over to help him. Keep documenting things and go and speak to the police about it if the guy comes in again... if possible maybe, and I know this is a stretch, schedule your breaks around him... if you see him come in, take your break and go in the back room. But if it keeps up tell the police.

Crewe of the Archangel

http://www.eeoc.gov/

Know your rights.

You have a right to a safe and comfortable workplace.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

That's crazy that your job is not doing anything about this creep Syren. This is Walmart right? Ugh, they don't treat their employees right. When I was having problems with some residents at my work and reported it to my manager they did something about it. I'm having a new problem with a family member of one of the residents, my manager has even seen the way he's acting towards me, but that's getting off track here. Anyway, you should never feel uncomfortable at work. I bet your husband would like to punch the crap out of this guy. As others have said don't let him make you feel that way. The next time this happens immediately get a manager or security over, yell out to him to leave you alone. Embarrassing people who do this kind of thing helps, it shows what an idiot they really are. If your work won't help put a stop to it take it a step further. Calling the police is a good start. If this continues you could actually sue the company for not doing anything to help you. This is harassment and by law your job should be doing all they can to put a stop to it.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Is Vicodin actually supposed to do something?? :P

Crewe of the Archangel

No it's Home Depot and because it's a male store Im supposed to not be offended if my personal space is invaded. And because he has done nothing other than kiss my hand. According to the police department here, he has to do something more than make me uncomfortable before they step in.

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

You could spend more time around the axe department... (Whups - it slipped!)

This guy sounds like he enjoys making you feel uncomfortable. If you don't allow him to have that power and let him know in no uncertain terms that there will be negative consequences if he continues. Say something like, "I was taught to be gracious and polite, even under unpleasant circumstances. You had better know right now as far as you're concerned, I'm not going to be polite any more. You try any more of that crap and I will rip you a new one." If you're really feeling bold, when he gets too close you could yell, "Damn - that's the smallest penis I've ever seen!! Put that thing away before it gets hurt!" Or you could tell him that a friend of yours is writing a book about a$$holes and he would be just perfect for chapter 13.

RHJMap.jpg

Well, first of all, hello, everyone. First post here...and what a thread to walk in on!

Syren, anyone touching you...in any fashion...against your will IS a crime. Just giving you the creeps may not be something they are required to act on, but touching like you've mentioned...no no. Your police force sounds like they are doing the "Texas Good Ol' Boy" thing and downplaying all of this. I've lived here most of my life and have seen it plenty of times, I'm afraid.

Anyhoo, let me offer you this quote from expertlaw.com.

"Battery

A battery is the willful or intentional touching of a person against that person's will by another person, or by an object or substance put in motion by that other person. Please note that an offensive touching can constitute a battery even if it does not cause injury, and could not reasonably be expected to cause injury. A defendant who emphatically pokes the plaintiff in the chest with his index finger to emphasize a point may be culpable for battery (although the damages award that results may well be nominal). A defendant who spits on a plaintiff, even though there is little chance that the spitting will cause any injury other than to the plaintiff's dignity, has committed a battery."

Nuff said. He touches you, you can and likely should remind him of the fact that he can end up listening to the sound of the judge's voice. Unfortunately, it will likely end up being a misdemeanor charge that will honestly have no real pain to it, but....

As always, I heavily suggest that you don't take my word for this. Checking in with your local police and asking them to define "assault" and "battery," as well as how you should engage them if the situation comes up again, will probably clear things up a lot. It will probably make them take you a bit more seriously as well. You've just gone from being just a voice to being a very potential person they will have to deal with soon.

Edited by D-Day

Thanks for all the advice..I work again today but as he is a contractor he will not be there unless he is working on the weekend which is rare. The axe Isle is right up my alley though..maybe I should just carry one around.

D-Day are you from Texas..sounds as if you know the good ol boys rather well *Grins*

Happy cause I had some wonderful "Surprises" today.

Edited by BriarRose Kildare

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.