How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

I need my head examined...

Goes to fetch a belayin pin :lol:

Actually I just woke up and passed my hall mirror and froze. I have no color in my skin again..I look like a dratted ghost!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excited...two more days of work and then I get to make patterns, corsets, suites... all stuff for the crewe... and aye, I actually am honestly excited about it... I need my head examined...

Nay, no need to have yo'r head looked at. Just means ye enjoy what ye love doin' most.... making period pieces. :lol:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Totally confused by the Gods of cruel fate that mock me so. Came back to the states after a major blow out... found a great job, great co workers, great benefits... and now she wants me to come back to work on things... I feel screwed, blue and tattooed. Torn between two things

Actually I just woke up and passed my hall mirror and froze. I have no color in my skin again..I look like a dratted ghost!

I can relate, Syren! I was taking a 'Snow Day' today, so I didn't bother putting on any make-up, since I knew I wouldn't be going out.

I was supposed to be housecleaning in prep for our annual 'tree-trimming' dinner with a friend tomorrow, but I just couldn't work up the energy.

Anyhow, I just caught a glimpse of my face in the bathroom mirror, and I look like I'm auditioning for a vampire movie! Ashen cheeks with bruised-looking circles under my eyes and totally bloodless lips. I suspect that blood test I just had done on Thursday will show my ferritin levels have plummeted again. [Oh well, at least that would provide an explanation for this continuing fatigue.]

But, I'm trying my best to fight the anaemia. Had a steak tonight, and tomorrow it's Prime Rib for company.

Anyhow, Syren, I know your condition is much more severe than mine, so I hope you're taking things easy!

Best wishes, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

;) Aww you guys take care of yourselves. Grape Juice and red meat. ;)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Stressed...with the weather, my husband's surgery (nothing serious, just his shoulder), me not being able to get to work, just barely enough money to get me boys something for Christmas and just plain tired...I will be glad when the holiday season is over. It has been so bad that I am just finally getting the tree up tomorrow. Something I have always done right after Thanksgiving. Just don't have the gumption this year. Even ask me kids if it was a big deal to them if we didn't put up any decorations this year...but it was to my youngest and so I am going to kick myself into gear and do it for him. Put on my happy face and make it right for everyone...so I am tired...so tired...needs me a blanket and my bed till winter is over.

Hester,

Have you tried some subligual B12. It works to get the iron in your blood to work for you better. Pumps up your blood. I was anemic till I got through to meno...you know...and it really helped me. It is the one you put under your tongue so you absorb it better. Take care...not a fun thing...

Stressed...with the weather, my husband's surgery (nothing serious, just his shoulder), me not being able to get to work, just barely enough money to get me boys something for Christmas and just plain tired...I will be glad when the holiday season is over. It has been so bad that I am just finally getting the tree up tomorrow. Something I have always done right after Thanksgiving. Just don't have the gumption this year. Even ask me kids if it was a big deal to them if we didn't put up any decorations this year...but it was to my youngest and so I am going to kick myself into gear and do it for him. Put on my happy face and make it right for everyone...so I am tired...so tired...needs me a blanket and my bed till winter is over.

Hang in there, Maggie! (And maybe treat yourself to a rum toddy before bed as a reward for all your hard work for your family!)

Oh, yeah, I'm way behind on the Xmas decorating too. Gotta clean the house first. And I have a friend coming for dinner tonight to help with trimming the tree. It's been an annual ritual for us for about 15 years.

Hester,

Have you tried some subligual B12. It works to get the iron in your blood to work for you better. Pumps up your blood. I was anemic till I got through to meno...you know...and it really helped me. It is the one you put under your tongue so you absorb it better. Take care...not a fun thing...

Thanks, I'll look for some sublingual B12! And hey, only about 7 more years to go now -- LOL!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

<<icky woman talk mode on>>

Dunno - it would have been nice to sail through my 40's like most women do. And it's not as though your period just stops and you don't have to deal with it any more - you can go for ten years with the menopausal symptoms AND your period. Or you can go on HRT but that has risks and you're essentially just putting off menopause - and if your doctors tell you that you have to stop HRT, you're back to square one, going through menopause from the beginning (which is why I'm going the non-HRT route.) So it's no picnic.

But I suppose the grass is always greener...

<<icky woman talk mode off>>

RHJMap.jpg

I know how my ice tray feels. The lights began to go this am around 3 and it had to be about 19 out. Still ya know once the sun came out a had to go out and play :unsure:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

sore throat, fever and another migraine... yup Christmas is right around the corner...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/