Tsunami Kate

William Brand

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: the frog's legs and creme brulee were to die for! you've outdone yourself, william! :huh:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Er, I'll stick with dessert, Will... I fear the legs would hop off my plate, or worse, that I'll be confronted by a giant sword-wielding frog with no back legs...

(Andre the Giant a la "Princess Bride" comes to mind) :huh:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

I couldn't get excited over the frog's legs

Aw, c'mon Christine. They taste like, um, like chicken!

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

So, William, what else ye have lined up on the menu? I couldn't get excited over the frog's legs, sorry. Kermit the frog comes to mind and I get ill-lol!

Well, with St. Patrick's Day just around the corner I thought I might gear the menu towards the irish dishes...

Guiness and Dubliner Cheese for a start.

img-products-dubliner.jpg

Followed by...

Irish%20Food%202.jpg

...and...

Food%20Irish%20Stew.jpg

...and...

Gallery_GFX_menu_food2.jpg

...and...

irish-pub-food3.jpg

...just for starters.

Dig in.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

*Slids up silently behind William*

Hello, sailor. I dare say it has been a small while since I have seen your wonderful broad shoulders and those piercing eyes. And what an honor you do for us of the Irish line to present such a lovely aray of fare.

*Moves to a table, brushing William as she passes*

One of each, my dear, if it pleases you...But two Guinness the proper way. My thanks to you.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*Slids up silently behind William*

Hello, sailor. I dare say it has been a small while since I have seen your wonderful broad shoulders and those piercing eyes. And what an honor you do for us of the Irish line to present such a lovely aray of fare.

*Moves to a table, brushing William as she passes*

One of each, my dear, if it pleases you...But two Guinness the proper way. My thanks to you.

Well...Helllllooo.

(a wicked, wicked smile spreads in an otherwise calm and wary face)

Hello in the kitchen! This woman gets to have whatever she wants! What...ever...she...wants.

*The predatory smile creeps over the fine hewn features as she purrs her reply*

Why William, whatever I desire? Please have a seat at my humble table, then. I am quite sure Jack will have no qualms. And what may I give you for your efforts, hmmm sailor? Some tay? A Guinness? A rub?

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*The predatory smile creeps over the fine hewn features as she purrs her reply*

Why William, whatever I desire? Please have a seat at my humble table, then. I am quite sure Jack will have no qualms. And what may I give you for your efforts, hmmm sailor? Some tay? A Guinness? A rub?

I may just close the place early.

Aye.

An interesting notion, William. You do that. *smiles* Aye, you do that and I will show you the proper way to celebrate Saint Paddy's...A little early, but that just means you will have time to perfect it. Throw some peat on the hearth to chase away a small of the chill and a bottle of Jameson is a good start.

An interesting notion, William. You do that. *smiles* Aye, you do that and I will show you the proper way to celebrate Saint Paddy's.

I do believe that you mean "improper", but I do understand the motion of your notion.

Someone open up a window in the Captain's cabin and see that I remain uninterrupted. Would you like another guiness?

Another Guinness...yes, I do believe another would be wonderful. Now, as to improper...I do not recall that word being in my vocabulary. Perhaps you will have to define it for me.

Another Guinness...yes, I do believe another would be wonderful. Now, as to improper...I do not recall that word being in my vocabulary. Perhaps you will have to define it for me.

im.prop.er (m-prpr)

adj.

1. Not suited to circumstances or needs; unsuitable: improper shoes for a hike; improper medical treatment.

2. Not in keeping with conventional morals; indecorous: improper behavior.

3. Not consistent with established truth, fact, or rule; incorrect.

4. That which pyrates often deem to be right good and of note.

Or in other words, what a pyrate considers a necessary part of life.

Why thank you, William. You ever impress me, a gentleman and learned as well. Being a smuggler's daughter and bound to a pyrate captain, I can well appreciate the philosphy defined. Another Guinness...or perhaps something with a little more, shall we say...bite in it?

Why thank you, William. You ever impress me, a gentleman and learned as well. Being a smuggler's daughter and bound to a pyrate captain, I can well appreciate the philosphy defined. Another Guinness...or perhaps something with a little more, shall we say...bite in it?

(pours another Guiness and draws up a chair)

I'm reminded of another who bears my monicure and his words...

Most sure, the goddess

On whom these airs attend! Vouchsafe my prayer

May know if you remain upon this island;

And that you will some good instruction give

How I may bear me here: my prime request,

Which I do last pronounce, is, O you wonder!

If you be maid or no?

Verbose of refined candour and ending with a query...Some things are best left undisturbed, others to be delved into with unquenchable satiation.

*A cannon roars in the near distance relaying signal to shore. Gazing into the bay, she realizes the signal is from The Gael and a small pout disturbs her features as she stands up from the table*

My apologies to you, William. We shall have to continue this at another time. Jack is not known for his patience and when the call goes out, it is best to return to the decks with haste.

*She leans down to place a kiss upon his cheek*

Another time, sailor...Duty calls.

*As she makes to leave, she looks over her shoulder and flashes the feral smile to William. It lingers for a moment followed by a wink then she departs his company...for now*

*As she makes to leave, she looks over her shoulder and flashes the feral smile to William. It lingers for a moment followed by a wink then she departs his company...for now*

(remains seated for the better part of ten minutes before walking to the quarter deck to a waiting water barrel with a thin layer of ice on the top and dunking himself in it)

AHhhhhhhhhhehhhhhahahahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa...

...aye. That's better.

Today's special is...

Boxty (Potato Griddle Cakes)

Servings: 8

1/2 lb Raw potato

1/2 lb Mashed potato

1/2 lb Plain flour

Milk

1 Egg

Salt and pepper

Grate raw potatoes and mix with the cooked mashed potatoes. Add salt, pepper and flour. Beat egg and add to mixture with just enough milk to make a batter that will drop from a spoon. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a hot griddle or frying pan. Cook over a moderate heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve with a tart apple sauce: or as part of an Ulster Fry, with fried bacon, fried sausage, fried eggs, fried black pudding, fried bread, fried soda bread.

An old poem says:

Boxty on the griddle,

boxty in the pan,

if you can't make boxty,

you'll never get a man.