POTC2 "new blood"

robert

The vast majority of RPGs out there are rather slow if not dead.

At current looking for Barbossa in a few.. Will Turner in a couple.. Elizabeth in one, & a whole slew of characters for all of them. :)

Soon, Charity... Soon. I've been a bit slammed with other things lately.

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read somewhere, a couple of days ago an interview with Geoffrey. He said that he suggested to the writers that there be a mutual love interest between him and Johnny (as Barbossa and Jack of course), they fight and he gets the girl. He said he didn't know if the writers (Ted and Terry) were going to do it though.

Uuhh..... no.

:lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

So how far along are they production wise? I know ye said the model makers are hard at work, but is there anything else going on?

The production offices are now filled to the gunnels.

The model makers and the Marine dept are hard at work.

Everyone is watching the hurricanes since that means the areas they scouted will most likely no longer BE there.

Things are moving along folks.... Yo ho ho!! :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Yeah, I wondered about that, Bess. How the hurricanes would effect the locations in the Caribbean. Especially after Ivan & the vast devstation that one has caused upon all the Caribbean. :huh:

Ivan the Terrible! :huh:

Just meaning some extra work AFTER hurricane season, huh? Poor things.

HEY! At least the Keys are all well & safe... for now.... so that those going can enjoy PiP! ::Cheers;snoopy dances:: :huh::huh:

Bess... can't wait for the sequels :)

:huh:

Uuhh..... no

Petty, that was so much fun looking forward to LOL...

I think the idea was great :)

Things are moving along folks.... Yo ho ho!!

YESSS thanks for the chin up!

That's about the best news i had lately :)

LB, i know, i wouldn't ask you to hurry, you told me just how busy you are :)

I hope things are going well :unsure:

hero.jpg

well, Dont want to rain on your parades, If i was to make a movie about pirates they would be more dark and true to form. If its was titled caribbean pirates, it would be in the Caribbean..A wildly interesting place to be, canes not with standing....not nice guys prancing around looking glazed over.....should be based on history an not a video game. Can you imagine what a quality movie about Las Aves fleet would be like or Gramont, DeGraf, Jennings, Anne bonny etc..better than fiction.

:::uber confunfused by what Robert said:::

Back up the wagon train & say that again? I didn't quite understand what that mention entirely.

Historical is one thing, but to hear from the Historical Nazis.. :: cringes:: I have to listen to that PLENTY enough...

As to the video game... kind confused there... ditto with the setting in the Caribbean...

:: Shakes head:: OK.. read that several times over & over... m' friend... most people could frankly give a damn about actual history.. we saw that major screw up with "The Patriot", granted was an interesting film, but... there was WAY, WAY, WAY too much controversy there. Believe me, I heard it from EVERYWHERE... anything from the uniforms of the Green Dragoons ((::: raises hand:: which I am a green dragoon in Lee's Legion & an auxilery member in Tarleton's British Legion).. to the general history use... :::puts hands over ears:::

With pirates... it's all about pirate lore. Besides what reality do we REALLY know of pirates?

PotC was a breath of fresh air compared the onslaught of movies from marvel comicbook heros to teenage drama films.

<_<

Yep, POTC was a breath of fresh air period.

It's just a good ol' fashioned Disney movie, and if ye want historical, don't watch Disney movies.

They're not precisely taking it to narrow with "Historical truth".

What they do best is make/create entertainment, and POTC is that!

hero.jpg

Oops got me there..was confused.ment to say a ride at disneys. I've not seen it but is'nt it based on movies from the 40's an 50's like treasure island? Hey no purist, not sure if thats whats ment by historical nazi but some of the historical events are very interesting and were well recorded. I read that this movie is set in asia or did that change. point being its titled POC2*********** then it should be set in the caribbean..Never saw the patriot so ???...I'll see the next one,poc2, when it comes out on dvd..an give you my thumbs up or down ...lol...ok..depps fine for fantasy films..I'll give you that but he aught to tone down the frankenstien arm thing and shashaying...an get a little more serious an less inside joke...guess thats been my main gripe with poc..thanks for the conversation....

not that fawned of sequals but i will most likely enjoy it as long as i get me sparrow vs barbossa fight! :o

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Someone told me that POTC 2 is going to be a prequel, not a sequel... Dunno about that, but I do know the Moneky at the end of POTC re-started the curse... If'n any o' ye watched the movie past the credits, I know alot of people don't. And Barbossa was clearly layin' face-down dead in the water...

In any case, POTC is my favorite Pirate movie... And POTC 2 is titled such so far because it's going to be either a prequel or sequel to POTC... And a franchise title has nothing to do with the "setting" of the actual film.

:ph34r:

And if'n it be set in aisa, so much the better... might get to see what ol' Jack was talkin' about... "Clearly you've never been to Singapore"

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

:huh:

None-the-less, he mentions it in POTC... so it stands to reason that if POTC II is set in aisa, that we could very well see Singapore. As it's been said before in this very thread, Disney doesn't stick strictly to history... It's there for entertainment, and I think it would be very entertaining to see some of the things Cap'n Jack mentioned in POTC :ph34r:

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

clearly layin' face-down dead in the water

Do tell me which movie you saw, 'cause the two dvd set most of us had he was lying backwards on a pile of gold, face up.

And, i still say, no one knows just how dead he was, fact is when the monkey climbed the pile he was gone :blink:

hero.jpg

Aye.. what Charity stated. Barbossa was shot in the heart.. fell back, lay facing up, eyes open gazing lifeless at the ceiling.

As to the monkey... :: Shrugs:: I've heard from elsewhere that monkeys are deathly afraid of water. Now.. this one.. :: Shrugs:: may enjoy the bloody water. But.. the monkey taking the coin.. we shall see. Some say that the monkey restarted the curse... some say that the monkey started a new curse & gave the coinage to Barbossa to resurrect him...:: Shrugs:: who knows.

We shall see with the sequels.

I've heard the rumors also about prequel... but... doesn't sound logical to me.

We shall see soon enough, won't we?

Curious as to the ships they will use as well. :) Ooooh, so many choices!

:angry: