POTC2 "new blood"

robert

Oct 15: From Yahoo! UK: http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/041015/242/f4mt3.html

Johnny Depp has succeeded in his attempts to get Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards on board the sequel to Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Richards, the inspiration behind Depp's superb portrayal of the mercurial Captain Jack Sparrow, has agreed to play Sparrow's father in both of the hit movie's forthcoming sequels which will be shot simultaneously.

We understand that Richards has already had a costume fitting in preparation for filming which is due to start at the end of February and could continue for a whopping eleven months.

Richards will join all the stars who are returning for the two swashbuckling adventures including Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Mackenzie Crook and, spookily enough, Geoffrey Rush who will be back as the evil Captain Barbossa - despite dying at the end of the first film - as well as director Gore Verbinski.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christine after reading what you just said, this image poped in my mind.

Keith Richards and Johnny Depp side by side in the movie, at the "Faithful Bride", waving their hands around, mumbling back and forth at each other much like the way that Johnny and Lee Arenburg did in one of the outtakes on the blooper reel. <_<

LOL! <_< Aye, that is an image indeed! But Johnny's mumblings as Jack I still can understand. They'll need subtitles for Keith. I watched the recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and he was introducing someone. Off hand, can't think of who. But he just went on, rambling and mumbling. They'd pan the audience and they looked as if they weren't sure to laugh, clap or what. It was quite painful to watch. The guy is just so fried-lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Johnny Depp has succeeded in his attempts to get Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards on board the sequel to Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Richards, the inspiration behind Depp's superb portrayal of the mercurial Captain Jack Sparrow, has agreed to play Sparrow's father in both of the hit movie's forthcoming sequels which will be shot simultaneously.

We understand that Richards has already had a costume fitting in preparation for filming

Don't believe everything you read. :rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

The more I watch the movie, the more I appreciate Barbossa. I'd miss the old slippery eel. And poor monkey! Who is going to be his master? There he is all alone! Maybe the monkey rescues Bootstrap!

A friend of mine wrote a character analysis of Barbossa sugggesting that he was a barrister back in England! That would explain how enamored of Elizabeth he is. By Jove, someone to actually talk with after all that time with the likes of Ragetti and Pintel!

I think Jack is a character who is loved equally by both men and women. He is your best friend and your best lover.

I have to admit though, our local manly crew members are a bit tired of all of us Jack worshipping, swooning wenches! And most of us share no great love fer Elizabeth. Anna Maria is more our kind of poppet.

One thing we all agree to though, we're all daft like Jack!

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

friend of mine wrote a character analysis of Barbossa sugggesting that he was a barrister back in England! That would explain how enamored of Elizabeth he is. By Jove, someone to actually talk with after all that time with the likes of Ragetti and Pintel!

Mmm, everyone sees it differently ofcourse, but although i believe he's originally from good blood, what he saw in Elisabeth, imo, is the chance to loose the curse and afterwards, to slake his lust, oh yeah..

But, he didn't even respect her imo.

He just wanted to see her eat...that fascinated him due to his own ability to eat or taste anything at all.

He played a nice little game with her too, having some fun at her expence..when he told her about the "blood to be repayed" and that's why there's sense to be killing her ..yet.

He didn't precisely try to have a converstation with her.

She was just a means to a cause, and after he knew she couldn't help him with it, he just as soon disposed of her.

This was especially obvious in the scene when she arrived.

hero.jpg