POTC2 "new blood"

robert

Given the spotty history of sequel movies, purhaps the poc producers should revamp the script to have all new characters instead of the same old cast as before. Personally I'd find that more interesting, and it gives the writers the freedom to excape the constraints of the same type cast personas. If your doing a poc movie should'nt it be filmed in the caribbean? Being authentic to the local is, I would think, important to carry the atmosphere of the movie. I'm sure lots of money will be spent producing it but is it that wise to reprise esentially the same thing again? you know good pirate vs bad pirate.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POTC is the successful movie it is because of advant garde acting of Johnny Depp. To replace him and his character would be like hiring another Dustin Hoffman to Hook. It just doesn't make for good filmmaking.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

And to as Pirates..They did not just stay in the Caribbean..they tended to sail to Singapore and New Orleans..even to Galveston. Now again Im not usre how accurate that is..but If I was a pirate I dont know that Id be wantin to stay in just one place..especially if hunted..Id be on the move..make it harder to catch so I think that POTC2 Will be even better than the first..especially like Pearl says..if they have the same cast. Sparrow and Barbossa made that movie work..it just would NOT be the same without them. In fact I dont think I would watch it if it did not have them in it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

To put it Succintly..To take out Sparrow and Barbossa would be like taking a bottle of the best rum pouring it out and replacing it with water...

I don't know about you but bring me more rum says I! :lol:

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Uhm...are you saying Barbossa shouldn't come back? *Charity on the warpath* :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure it will be fine, if people would just stop "thinking"and let them do what they do best which is making a good movie!

To put it Succintly..To take out Sparrow and Barbossa would be like taking a bottle of the best rum pouring it out and replacing it with water...

I don't know about you but bring me more rum says I!

Matey, i couldn't have said it better meself :lol:

hero.jpg

Your welcome Charity..I like Barbossa..And the monkey..But Sparrow is..I dont know..It's the way he acts..all like he's drunk and he's a rather keen fellow..Always on top of his game..I like sneaky pirates..

I'm not sure, but I think Robert meant not replace Jack or Barbossa, but to move on away from Barbossa, Will and Elizabeth. Their part for right now at least for movie 2, should not be as forefront, as to going elsewhere and introducing new characters in another port.

Then should Will's father actually still be alive, that character could be found in movie 2, and then re-united in movie 3 with the characters of Barbossa, Will and Elizabeth.

Rumba Rue

**Peering into her tarot cards**censored.gif

:P I hate to break hearts...., but Barbosa's dead.., perhaps nobody watched it that far?.., Jack killed him. A bullet. :P I believe the 3 remaining main characters and whomever new they introduce to be a villan is probably more like it?..., After all the aztec gold was infact returned thus breaking the cursed pirates i.e. Barbosa's demise. I am sure POTC 2 and 3 will do VERY WELL . Yes many part 2's are floppers..., but I think POTC is special for Disney after all it took them 50 years to make the movie after the ride..., I bet they do a super job on these additional parts of story. I look forward to adding them to my collection and enjoying them for years to come.

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I hate to break hearts...., but Barbosa's dead.., perhaps nobody watched it that far?.., Jack killed him. A bullet

Hey Harbormaster, been leaving your harbour and sailing the seven seas eh?

It's official mate, Barbossa's back alive and well!

And in case ye didn't notice, it's a movie FICTION, everything is possible..

And uhm..sarcasm..i be very good at that too :P

No breaking hearts here mate..he's back, weather ye like it or not..

I like sneaky pirates..

I forgot to say, if ye like'm sneaky...they don't come sneakyer then Barbossa hahaha :P

hero.jpg

No sarcasm intented.., I didnt think he was to be back., yes I know what movie fiction is. The coin was dropped ., I thought it was the end for him..., and yes you can be snappy..I have observed it in the past.

:P HarborMaster :P

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

LOL Yep, i know, hey..i'm honest i can get pretty mad B)

Didn't mean no harm though ..i've been under so much stress.

I'm pretty hot headed sometimes, when someone i like is beeing put down, or when a matter is important to me (nothing more important ten Barbossa B) ) or when i'm just stressed . B)

hero.jpg

I thought this new movie was to be called POC ********...Pirates of the Caribbean..implys that it be in the caribbean..not singapore or asia..The problem most squels have is the script writters are rehashing the same character dynamics an interactions. Seems to me, there are many actors out there that could play pirate personas better than depp and maybe as well as rush...heres one..the guy that played in rob roy as a bad guy would be excellent as a pirate so would the guy that played rob roy. It, poc2, could turn in to Abbot an Costello meet the pirates if its not extremely well handled. See if it bombs out, then future pictures could be dropped... THe pirate lore has many many interesting slants to it..How about a film based on the golden age piracy, definately degraff was an interesting pirate bigger in life than any charater actor in any pirate movie.....heres my take on depps charater..its to much like when he played the stoner reporter in las vegas ....zanny with glassy eyes..yet basically a nice guy but you know ahead a time he 's going to out smart the bad authorities. Wheres the an--tis-a-pation(sp?) in that? I know most ladies like depp an rush an want to see them back but would'nt you like t o see something different? I mean varity is the spice a life? well thats it..

Pirates of the Caribbean..implys that it be in the caribbean..not singapore or asia..

Jerry himself said it's to go to Asia, AND, they have said all along #2 was to be the last theme ride inspired movie so this is a sequel of the first movie and they belong in that movie, the third will probably be totally different but for god's sake, why can't anyone wait and see what it will be like?

How does ANY of us know what it will be like.

And wouldn't i rather see new people?

No, i'm a fan of this movie, and the movie is made by the people in it, so it's great seeing them again.

I love Hornblower, a series of movies, not short episoded, but movies.

Emagine each movie having other people..it's a sequal, and most sequals bring back the same leads, but many new others.

hero.jpg

There was ALOT of pirates in Asia..., and still are. One a Woman had over 4000 vessels in her flotilla and actually retired. By many considered to be the most sucessful pirate of all time. Second being Captain Morgan who's piratical privateering got him a governorship on Jamaica. Asia would be great....., especially with a few large chinese junks..,A beautiful ship in its own right.

B) HarborMaster B)

Well to be honest Robert as well as be fair...I am sure there are tons of guys who would make GREAT pirates..But they could not make the movie POTC2 or 3 any better than what Depp and Rush have done. That is my opinion. Both just have the on screen charisma that draws you in and makes you want more. If they ever went with diffrent leading actors it would just take away from the movie. That would be like Raiders of the lost ark without Harrison Ford...It just would not have been the same movie as it is based on That charry and no one could play him as well as Ford did. And the same goes for POTC..Depp and Barbossa were created for these charrys and revolves around them..Personally I think They may go back to the beginning Where Jack and Barbossa meets what led up to the Curse and then bring us current. Thus Barbossa's role...

While this may seem like a reasonable idea, it's not for marketing and popularity purposes. I have heard SO many times from people not as obsessed as all of you or I am that (and I quote) "the movie would suck if Johnny Depp wasn't in it." This may not be true, but it is true that Johnny Depp's amazing and original performance as a new kind of pirate is what launched the film into popularity. In fact, Depp carried the movie so far that, as you know, he got an Oscar nomination for it, in a Comedy/Action film! To take out Capt. Jack Sparrow's character would be a detriment to the film that no one else could replace.

Not only that, but it was mentioned many times that the two original script/story writers were writing a story ABOUT Jack Sparrow, and thus, all sequels would be more stories about Jack. There is no way they would make another PotC without Johnny Depp or Jack Sparrow. No way. Disney has more sense than that.

But I'm sure the film would benefit a lot with new cast, just becuase I can foresee a repetitiveness in story/theme with the same characters. If anything, they would drop all characters except Jack Sparrow, but everyone is already signed on for the two sequels. :o

Captain Wolfy Wench

Well to be honest Robert as well as be fair...I am sure there are tons of guys who would make GREAT pirates..But they could not make the movie POTC2 or 3 any better than what Depp and Rush have done. That is my opinion

And mine, we're not talking any other movie, we're talking Pirates of the Caribbean and THEY made this movie big! :o

Personally I think They may go back to the beginning Where Jack and Barbossa meets what led up to the Curse and then bring us current. Thus Barbossa's role...

OFCOURSE *slaps forehead*

I think you've got something there..would be cool wouldn't it?

Maybe, you've got a definitely good idea there :)

Ohhh..no cursed Barbossa...that could bring some interesting scenes... :o

hero.jpg

:o I hate to break hearts...., but Barbosa's dead.., perhaps nobody watched it that far?.., Jack killed him. A bullet.  :o   I believe the 3 remaining main characters and whomever new they introduce to be a villan is probably more like it?..., After all the aztec gold was infact returned thus breaking the cursed pirates i.e. Barbosa's demise. I am sure POTC 2 and 3 will do VERY WELL . Yes many part 2's are floppers..., but I think POTC is special for Disney after all it took them 50 years to make the movie after the ride..., I bet they do a super job on these additional parts of story. I look forward to adding them to my collection and enjoying them for years to come.

HarborMaster

Ah my dearest Harbor Master, did you not stay till the end of the credits to see the monkey and his bit?

If you did, you would know something was afoot. The monkey taking a coin away from the rest, makes the curse begin again. Yes you are correct, once shot and dead, one should remain so, but hey it's Disney, all things fantasy. :o

Rumba Rue

**Forget the yo ho ho, just gimme the bottle** B)

Who knows., they are probably still writing. 6 months ago it was something to the effect of "Will looking for Elizabeth..., something about a prison and connecting with Jack to escape then together look for Elizabeth.., I wont be guessing anymore .

I will wait and enjoy the movies. After all it is fiction., Paramount brought Spock back "There are always possibilities".

I am sure the Movie will be great especially with Depp he did set the Pirate into his own and it wouldnt be the same with out him thats for sure.

Imagine a differant "joker" No-one could have done for the Bat what Nicholson did.

Some parts are better for certain actors and changing horses in the middle of the creek is never a good idea.

HarborMaster

ya well..i guess i'm the lone wolf here....theres no convincing ya..lol....

No convincing Disney either.

All the original cast memebers are signed for the sequals. :unsure:

We moved the production company into their offices this week (if anyone noticed I've been way to busy to be here) and the model makers are hard at work.

Looks awesome mates. :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

*salivates at the possibilities*

you're a lucky woman, Bess!!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."