POTC2 "new blood"

robert

:lol::lol:

:::wipes off Morgan's mouth:: Easy there, mate.

::hands him a bottle of rum to "rehydrate" himself::

Aye, Bess... I figured things were finally starting to go full steam ahead. Hope everyone is keeping up with the pace.

I'm sure it's one hell of a production indeed.

As to Barbossa's return... :: shrugs:: Mates... creativity. I've seen it in fan fiction & role playing games online. Plenty of good ways he could return. I guess we shall see what the writers come up with in the sequels.

Besides... the Aztec Gods ... well, Viracocha on the side of that chest (stil kills me with that)... Barbossa honestly is bound to the Gods for all eternity. At least he didn't end up as an actual Aztec or Incan sacrifice. Granted, honorable... but still a mighty painful way to go!

Ooooooh... so many ways Barbossa can get back into the mix.... let alone continue to get into trouble... poor ol' sea dog.

Plus, lots of wealth involved in the New World... well... possible that war can be involved since by the appearance of the film it seems to be setting close to the Seven Years War... Oooooo, what a thrill!

Again.. so many possibilities. So many choices... so much FUN! Heaven help them all... ;)

:unsure:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*salivates at the possibilities*

you're a lucky woman, Bess!!

Yes and no mate.... right now work is all consuming, I MISS this board!!!

But the perks.... are nothing to sneeze at!! :lol:

Miss you all!!!!

Back to work.............. :ph34r: (or so says Barbossa!)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

*salivates at the possibilities*

you're a lucky woman, Bess!!

Yes and no mate.... right now work is all consuming, I MISS this board!!!

But the perks.... are nothing to sneeze at!! :ph34r:

But if ye sneezed on 'em would ye get t'keep 'em? :ph34r:

Just make sure ye take time out fer the Ojai faire, lass. I'll be lookin' fer ye. (Consider yerself warned! :lol: )

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

And too good old Bootstrap. I dont think he's dead either. They'll find a way to bring him back as well.

Most of all i'd like to see Barbossa get his revenge etc etc etc, but Jack's the big hero and no way will they kill him, of let him get killed in the movie i mean, so i'd say Bootstrap coming back would be cool.

I'll just let things take another cause in fanfictions, isn't fiction fun, anything goes! :rolleyes:

hero.jpg

:D Well, in an RPG I am in... Barbossa & Elizabeth are an item. Tis rather interesting.

Guinevere, Yeah, Jack could be bound to the same Gods as well... well, sort of. To Viracocha, that is. Since Barbossa was in the curse for 10 years, his debt had been paid. But, he still belongs to the Gods. They are rather complicated yet simple.

As to Barbossa REALLY being dead... umm, HELLO! He was cursed, skeletal, undead, etc.... if that wasn't unbelievable - which was made into believable - then I think they can find other ways of him to return! Pirate ghost stories run amok.. hauntings, curses, etc. It's just part of Pirate Lore.

:lol: Jack also took some of Barbossa's wealthy... if that wouldn't piss him off.

I can see Barbossa cursed again. Well... Maybe his resurrection has something to do with that necklace that he wears.. the one with the serpents. It looks like the celtic symbol of the 4 serpents with means "Immortality". So... who knows. He's no mere man, either. Or maybe Barbossa is just a bit oddly lucky. Hehehehe... Maybe voodoo would work since at the end of "League of Extrodinary Gentlemen" Alan Quartermain was resurrected by a witchdoctor. But that was only when he was laid to rest in the earth of Africa.... "Africa will not let him sleep".

Again, we shall see what happens... how Barbossa makes a return appearance. Perhaps we will see new faces, which would be awesome... as the majority of the RPGs out there & fan fiction has come up with some intreguing characters.

It's not meeting each other's match... it's just adding flavor & spice to an already colorful cast of characters. :lol: Colorful enough for a character or more can give another character major heartburn.

Bess... I hope the hurricanes are not adding to too many delays in island hunting. Unless they were lucky enough to get that done already.

:ph34r:

Man its hard to reason with....."Jacks, drool this an barbossa is sexy that.....I dont get that at all, ???....a course that monkey is looking better an better to me all the time :ph34r: .....natural, intelligent an debonair. Did he, the monkey, sign up for sequels too? pawprint in the ink so to speak. I hope he's not playing second bannana again... :lol: btw did he have a name???

Well Robert from a womans perspective both are hot. As for the monkey..he'll be there..Will Norrington be in it as well..He was kinda cute in a very aristocratic way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

As to Barbossa REALLY being dead... umm, HELLO! He was cursed, skeletal, undead, etc.... if that wasn't unbelievable - which was made into believable - then I think they can find other ways of him to return! Pirate ghost stories run amok.. hauntings, curses, etc. It's just part of Pirate Lore.

Yes, i agree, it seems everyone takes it for "normal" that Barbossa and his were cursed and walking around in the moonlight looking like skeletons, yet find it unbelievable he could get back to life B)

What's up with that, i think i know..maybe not on this board, but the others it's surely because more are Jack fans and just hate Barbossa to come back, effectively making Jack's victory a non victory! B)

But, he'll probably kill Barbossa again..him being the hero and all that.

Would be nice if they both went..kinda making it less hard to witness for the Barbossa fans B)

Maybe his resurrection has something to do with that necklace that he wears.. the one with the serpents.
B)

I've been trying to get a good shot of that necklace of his for ages, where did you see it so clearly?

Do you happen to have a screencapture of it?

I did get this:

PDVD_104a2.jpg

I still wonder what it is, no doubt it's a fang but it's painted, maybe something indian or aztec too?

He's no mere man, either.

Naye..he sure ain't our capt'n, nothing ordinary about him B)

And i mean that in a good way B)

Man its hard to reason with....."Jacks, drool this an barbossa is sexy that.....I dont get that at all, ???....

That's a man speaking..

What's up with all that blond bimbo (Pam for one) big boobs thing?

Get my drift? B)

Well Robert from a womans perspective both are hot

Aye..'nuff said B)

hero.jpg

:) Oh, indeed, Charity!

I love the fun of PotC. I admit, Treasure Planet was pretty fun as well... mostly the female feline cat.. love her sentances. Ted & Terry can come up with some rather fun stuff. :)

If anyone has NOT seen Treasure Planet.. do... Captain Amelia is just a riot!

"Doctor, let me give you a piece of advice, & I mean this in a rather caring way... Shut that Howling screamer!" B) One of many lines I so like.

Barbossa die again? :: Shrugs:: Who knows. Maybe Jack will die heroically in the end or at the end of a hangman's necklace... again, who knows what the Writers have in store.. other than Bes.. B)

Nope, no screencaptures of it. I guess... the diner scene is a good view of it. Off & on through the film you see some good shots of it.

The earring.. :: Shrugs:: bloody hell if I know. Some have said a tiger's tooth he got from a trip in Asia, maybe a boar's tusk, or a bear's tooth.. or a claw a lion in Africa.. :: Shrugs;: Bloody hell if I know what it is.

I made a similiar type earring filling a little of the neck bone of a turtle.

One of the other pirates has the same earring as well.. bloody hell if I know his name... you can see it in that scene where he's rammed through the gut with the staff that Elizabeth had... with Jakoby & the other pirate as well in a line, trying a tug-of-war to get it out until Elizabeth & Will push them out of the moonlight after Will stuffs a grenade into Jakoby's belly! B) It's the tall pirate on the left.. you will see the earring on his right ear when he screams bloody murder after being rammed through with the rod.

B)B) Oh, I plead the 5th (Or so the court lead to believe)...

As to the appeal of Jack & Barbossa... Ummm, Depp is just a fantastic Actor, ditto with Rush. Their characters however... are beyond measure! What makes them SO appealing is the vareity of rebel, humanity, humor, intelligence, cunning, & all around appearance that gives them such an appeal.

Barbossa being a fine example... as some people don't seem him as an attractive man physically. In due time, people like him... variety of reasons.. but the major reason being is his all around pirate appeal. He's all that is pirate lore! Blackbeard, Kidd, Rackham, Morgan, Roberts, etc.. all in one!

Sparrow.. he's mostly Rackham to the point of fantastic fun... he relates easier to the innocent crowd, in a manner of speaking. He's good, he's fun, he's he kinda of guy your parents may be afraid of until he comes in & tells them about the "Chieftain" story.. then they will love him.

Again, Barbossa.. he's the reality of life. He's truth, he's humanity, he's... us! His struggles are near to us. To the point people love it when Sparrow stops Barbossa in the end cause it gives hope that there is defeat as well... But, granted that others ruined Barbossa in his quest to be normal, it's all about relation to fictional characters.

Plus we just love the hell out out of them.. they are WAY TOO WICKED! B)

B)

Ok Maybe I should clarify myself..Depp and Rush are both GREAT actors. They are hot..But the fantasy characters..Sparrow and Barbossa..That is what the women are seeing and drooling over..When I watch POTC...I dont see Depp or Rush..I see Sparrow and Barbossa...Does that make more sense..From a womans perspective or at least from mine..it's the fantasy thing that gets us up and going. Not Depp or Rush..At least not for me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Jack will die heroically in the end or at the end of a hangman's necklace...``

Awwww poor Jack.. B)

Barbossa severing his pretty head would be more heröic though B)

I don't have anything against mr Sparrow by the way.. 'just want Barbossa to have his revenge but in the end, i'd love to see them make up and become a team, and then in the third movie make the world unsafe as THE biggest, and most fearsome pirate team in the world, both with their own grand ship..*sigh* nice thought that is.

One of the other pirates has the same earring as well..

No kidding?

I´ve been too focused on just Barbossa´s face i guess.. B)

Barbossa being a fine example... as some people don't seem him as an attractive man physically

Geoffrey looks fine to me, i always liked a rugged look, but he could be a bit better build, he´s very thin, but Barbossa, he is just a classicly beautyful man, that is my opinion :)

Again, Barbossa.. he's the reality of life. He's truth, he's humanity, he's... us!

Uhm...are we thinking of the same Barbossa, from POTC? B)

I do think, and i have said it always, he´s got a more human side to him.

I know he´s pretty bad, downright mean sometimes but he does have honor, and he does have some goodness in him, otherwise he just wouldn´t be petting no monkey, and it´s just there...

I feel so sorry for him when he makes the accord with Jack, am i alone in that?

He seems very happy with the thought of working with Jack, his own little fleet etc and when Jack says `Sorry , i forgot you give the orders`he has this happy look about his face´..

And then mr Sparrow betrayed him.

OK; he marooned Jack etc, i know but i felt sorry for him there...

Barbossa..That is what the women are seeing and drooling over

Not at all.... B)

Barbossa makes me drool each day in my life these days..as do the fanfics with him in it.... B)

hero.jpg

B) Well, in an RPG I am in... Barbossa & Elizabeth are an item. Tis rather interesting.

Now this I gotta see! What's the link?

Here's the link to the yahoo groups: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/piratesand_l...yguid=171197008

They're in the middle of another love fest-lol! It's so damn hot you'll need a few cold showers! B)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

:lol: Guinevere, looks like Christine got to it before I. Hope you enjoy it. I honestly picked up Barbossa back in November here I do believe. & be portraying him sense. It's been wild. Damn the man can throw me for a loop! Seriously!

You'd REALLY have to go back to when I started playing him to get the jist of most of it. But the stories are a bit slow, pardon on that. I wish they would go faster. I have TONS of ideas for the future, guaranteed it will get SOOOO wild, SOOOO intense... SOOO sexy! Plenty of romance, adventure, betrayal, suspense, action, horror, drama, etc...!1! Guaranteed!

::: Hands everyone a fan who has read the PaL post::: Yeah, cold showers, ice buckets, fans with really cold air, AC on high, etc.

I agree, Siren. Rush & Depp I admire greatly & professionally as Actors. Nothing more. No crush on them... :lol: especially Depp, I think he had enough of the crushness back in the 80's, poor man.

It's Sparrow & Barbossa that draws the attention. Though, is some cases, more Depp's fans than Rush's, they mix the character with the Actor.

:lol: Sever that pretty head... Oh, dear. Not sure if I will want it to go that far. Despite that's what happened to Blackbeard, poor man. Let's just hope that doesn't happen to Barbossa!!!

Yup.. one of the other pirates has the same earring. Keep an eye out for his crew. I'm not sure if others have the same earring as well.

As to focused on Barbossa's face.... well... I'd have to admit, my eyes DO wander! :D

Thin is not too bad. I wouldn't really call Rush thin... then again, I haven't seen him face to face. Ummm.. "Quills" ... ::Speechless still:: he doesn't look all that thin. Nor is he perfect body-wise compared to Orlando... but.. that's ok. Truly. ::Still stunned with "Quills"; jerks a tad:: That movie.. & those scenes will forever be imprinted in my mind. For one such as I - & Christine knows what I am talking about.. hopefully - Ummm... has ... ok, I have no word to describe it for these once innocent eyes.

Not that it was TOTALLY bad. :D

Working with Jack? Naw.. Barbossa would get rid of Jack at his(Barbossa's) earliest convinience. :)

Fan fics, rpgs, pictures, fan art, the voice, even the movie is not enough. My desire for Barbossa has literially become insatiable. ::evil grinz::

:lol: Love fest!

Well, I wouldn't say in the MIDDLE of it.. :D But... I'm sure it will most assuredly get wilder & steamy. Hopefully before the month is out! <_<

One of a... well, a few now... RPGs, m'dears, that have Barbossa in them.

It's rather funny... Elizabeth & Barbossa are an item in it. Plus Elizabeth's daddy has fallen in love with a lady just SLIGHTLY older than Elizabeth.. & Jack has recently fallen in love with one of Barbossa's old Lovers.. & Will... has fallen in love with a French beauty & Josephine's (Barbossa's former Lover) Lady-in-waiting, "sidekick" or whatever you want to call her.

Anyway....

:ph34r:

Aye, maybe a wee bit jealous of Miss Swann, but as I said, those 2 have such an interesting connection. To see those 2 together like that is just.....whoa! :ph34r: She brings out this wild side in him with her innocence and sexuality. It spurs him on and then he in turn drives her wild too, unleashing the wild woman under that corset and petticoats-lol! I just love it, love the whole thing with those 2! Mmmmm......! <_<

Indeed, LadyB, it's like a soap opera on the high seas. Elizabeth is with Barbossa, an ex lover of Barbossa's is with Jack Sparrow, Wil Turner, who used to be with Elizabeth is now with Lysette (first mate to Captain Josephine-Barbossa's ex lover), Elizabeth's father is with a young girl slightly older than Elizabeth. Whoa! LOL! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Oh! BTW... there are a few other RPG on Yahoo that are in DIRE need of players.

Lemme see if I can grab their URLs here.... :: runs off to get them:::

Barbossa RPG

My own... looking for someone, prefer gent, to take over the role of Barbossa... starting just before the curse.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Series

Another of my RPGs. Takes place after the Film. Alas, REALLY slow.. in need of players.

Pirates and Love

:ph34r: The REALLY HOT & Steamy RPG that Christine gave a link to. Always welcoming new players & characters. Plenty of ideas to go around. A little slow with a couple characters. Though, open for some of the co-characters to be taken: Norrington, Groves, Gillette, Gibbs, AnaMaria, Jack's crew, Barbossa's crew, Jo's crew, etc.

pirates ofthe caribbean

This was an award winning RPG in which is slowly dying.. NOOOO! I don't want it to die as I have ideas for this one as well, have recently been made owner from the original owner who has kinda.. dumped it. :lol: Soo.. pretty much in need of almost everyone & new characters. The only characters that are taken: Jack & Gibbs.

Black Pearl 1

Needing someone to temp Barbossa every so often. This I am hoping will be an interesting RPG as well. Otherwise, we have Jack, Will & Elizabeth. Willing to let someone take over some of Blackheart's crew.

Black Pearl Legends

Ooooh, this one will definitely prove to be a wild one as well! Hard to say what the plot is to this one.. but I'm sure Jack & Barbossa will find themselves in some DEEP trouble!

PotC Twisted Tales

This one is interesting. Jack has cursed himself with the Aztec Gold, captured a Princes of England who is a friend of Elizabeth.

Will, Norrington, & Barbossa is needed here. As well as the minor characters.

Barbossa more so... as I play Elizabeth (my first Elizabeth role) & Again, Barbossa is needed to help defeat Jack!

Pirates Cove

Uber slow at the moment. But, would like to see this one get going.

Barbossa has kidnapped Governor Swann. Elizabeth (Again I am playing her) must enlist Norrington's, Will's & Jack's help in order to rescue her father. Lots of potential here!

::pants:: Ok.. that's a vast majority of them. A couple others though I think they are pretty much dead. A pity since I had fun with them & they had REALLY good stories going.

<_<

I just read somewhere, a couple of days ago an interview with Geoffrey. He said that he suggested to the writers that there be a mutual love interest between him and Johnny (as Barbossa and Jack of course), they fight and he gets the girl. He said he didn't know if the writers (Ted and Terry) were going to do it though.