Pirate Weaponry

BatSpell

What be yer favorite Piratical weapon t' be usin'?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What be yer favorite Piratical weapon t' be usin'?

• Blunderbusses
    • Cuttlasses
    • Rum o' course I don't like fightin'
    • Boarding Axes
    • Daggers
    • Cannons!
    • My Teath...If I have 'em
    • Flintlocks
    • Yarrrrrr I like 'em all!!!
    • Other...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me personal preference would be a bottle in one hand and a match to light the cannons in the other..... and then another bottle me thinks...

Capt. Flint you be a very wise pirate indeed.....

however being of viking blood...there's nothing like an axe in your hand to throw, grab anothers weapon, crack a skull, or cut some one open....*thinks of how many people he'd like to use an axe on.....hmmm...not today*

Arrr....

I say hit be like one big toole-box o' wondrous u-tensils. Not e'ery job ken be done with a hammer, nor one-sized wrench applied ta ev'ry bolt. Nay, sez I, veriety be th' spice ta life! Fer not e'ery neck deserves th' noose (some t' require hands on exper'yence) an' thar be more'n one way ter gut a lousy, sea-swillin' sprog! Aye.

A round o' rum fer e'eryone wot voted!

Yers,

-Spydre

Hmm... can't say which I enjoy the most to use. I've not had the pleasure of trying them all out... yet. I would have to side I like them all. :::evil grinz:::

But I do like the pistols & a blunderbuss... my tomohawks, knives.. & of course, my kick arse sword! :ph34r: Though, I do enjoy the cannons. Love 'em to death - hehehehe - when out there on the battlefield.

Though, being a dragoon... my other weapon would by my horse.... a charging horse with a sword in hand... is a dangerous & frightening sight. ::Evil grinz:: Yes, I follow after the likes of Tarleton, God bless him. :ph34r:

Course.. tying quite a bit of black ribbons in my hair, I would use them as a strangling tool as well. :evil grinz:: Cat-o-nines would be another fun weapon. My own fingernails.... I have been know to claw people, mostly by accident. ::ponders:: the use of my legs would be a nasty weapon indeed.

:::Evil grinz::: I'd use anything & everything.... depends upon the circumstances.

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Me favorite weapon is me girls up front. The boys be oggling them and then I clock them over the head with whatever is handy. I use to think them a curse cuz they make climbing the rigging a little more difficult, but ye got work with what God gave ya. :ph34r:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

For me it's the right tool to get the job done, or whatever weapon helps keep me pockets full and me head out of a noose. Me all-around favorite is me mortuary sword: short enough for boarding, long enough for a tavern brawl or duel, tough, resilient blade that cuts and thrusts equally well, and nice iron cage hand-guard to deliver a solid punch. I also have a Dutch cutlass with shell hand-guard for more serious "wet-work" at sea, an English Dragoon pistol in .61 calibre, and a double-edged dagger that I've used against all manner of edged weapons to great effect, especially rapiers. The bottom line, in me own humble opinion, is that a good pyrate is a professional fighter and should be able to pick up anything at hand and make a weapon of it.

:blink:

Capt. Ian "Mad Dog" Davies,

Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

"The Code of Our Brotherhood is Better than all the Lies of Nations!"

I like te use me tapin' of Rosanne Barr singin' the 'Star Spangled Banner'. After that, ye can pretty much give one good punch and they be out on the floor. The key is te keep the thing playing, so's they be too busy holdin' their ears te stop ye from takin' all their stuff...not that I would do a thing :ph34r: .

Drake

I like te use me tapin' of Rosanne Barr singin' the 'Star Spangled Banner'.

Drake

Arrrr. Talk about yr weapons o mass destruction..... :ph34r:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

If I were in a fight. I wouldn't care which weapon I had, as long as it was better than my oppenents. Though, my weapon o' choice is mop bucket and a roll of duct tape.

Just call me McGyver.

I don't speak pyrate...

but, arrrrrgggggghhhhhh.

My wench is prettier than this wench.

pyracy_link_04.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I'll agree with Deadly Dru on the Triple threat...only it would be pistol then Rapier with Main Gauche...

Altho my Rapier is of the cut and thrust variety, generally Rapiers were not that great on board a ship...so if my Rapier won't work then it down to hackn' and slashin' with a cutlass... :rolleyes:

I choose a bottle of rum.. a nasty wench and a private cabin to enjoy me self why the rest of ye seadoga kill each other. Throw the survivors over board then we take the ship and sail off.. in search of more rum and nastier wenches............. The Capt.

Many of the posters - myself included - spoke of combinations of weapons, such as pistol and cutlass.

What about the combination of weapons that itself is a combination weapon: undoubtedly the most commonly used one in history, before effective repeating firearms appeared on the scene; the musket and bayonet?

A one-shot firearm for distance, then an instant conversion to spear and club, without having to drop or draw anything?

:)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• 2 weeks later...

hmm... boarding axes & pikes be fun... & pistol & cutlas always a good choice... cannon aye... daggers very romantic... but i prefers me own bare hands... nothin' like squeezin' a throat & poppin' the adam's apple like a cork...POP! now as fer the wenches be concerned, they not be too worriesome to me, cause when i'm through wit them they can barely stand, yet walk... & when they finally rise to thar feet it's usually ta drag me back ta the bunk.

Well now ive fired all the guns and used most the swords and since i be new round here i would take a blunderbuss and if it be fitten with the rest o yall i would have a nice hefty queen ann pistol and a cutlass :lol:

i hope this place is as good as the firearms forum <_<

i means no offense