Fort De Chartres - June 2010

William Brand

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there on Thursday the 3rd. I believe in the afternoon, if memory serves.

william, are accomodations until friday taken care of ?? travel and sleeping arrangements ??

Assuming that you're asking about me in my travels, then yes. John is picking me up at the airport and we're going around to pick up some camp stuff. Then over to his place to finish last minute projects and get a good night's sleep before all the festivities.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Silas, I am just on campus to take care of some fall calss stuff and wanted to let you know the tents are still available, and you can reach me at our same land -line number, we have local service only at this point, but i'll contact you tonite to arrange pick-up. Take care and have fun all that are attending, maybe nxt year...

Bo

hello Brethern...my wife took the air card with her so i cant e-mail from home...the quartermaster and i will be there thursday late afternoon....C if you are going to be there on the 30th i will call Darrell D. and corrdinate that with him hope fully he will have a foot print layout....right now my count is at 12 tents.......and yes seats.........Brethern who are comming to FDC please e-mail me so I can give you my cell phone number.....My Lass has prepaired the menu and plans to feed you well...... Michael...I Have your HP Sauce.........Yo Ho

Yo Ho.......

Request Bretheren

The Fort would like The names of "Head of House Hold" for check in purposes...... please e-mail me with that info please.....jjgallia@yahoo.com...please pass this info on to those that you know so that i can get this info quick......also foot prints will be done this Friday as of now i told the Fort that we are planning 12 tents and pirates will be showing up as early as the 30th.....the Fort is very excited about our participation (thanks to Williams.information he sent them)..in fact they are moving us up closer for better visibility.....also they can accomodate the ROPE Walker and would like that demonstration to be added.

Yo Ho

Yo Ho.......

Oi the lot of ye, have a fantastic time with this event and remember, pictures!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Capt. Sterling........We may have a suprise for the lot of you......live feed.....the quartermaster is working on it.......and yes we hope to have a lot of fun....lots of British and French to antagonize !!!!!!

Yo Ho

Yo Ho.......

William, Capt. J, you guys are awesome! The wife will likely bring her digital SLR as well, so I think we will be well covered... Not like you two haven't got that covered in spades already. Live video feed, that is just crazy fun there! I hope it works out!

Michael_banner.jpg

William, Capt. J, you guys are awesome! The wife will likely bring her digital SLR as well, so I think we will be well covered... Not like you two haven't got that covered in spades already. Live video feed, that is just crazy fun there! I hope it works out!

ipyrate

...or as oderless would say...eyepyrate.

Capt. Sterling........We may have a suprise for the lot of you......live feed.....the quartermaster is working on it.......and yes we hope to have a lot of fun....lots of British and French to antagonize !!!!!!

Yo Ho

Live feed sounds like a blast, but can it be recorded?...as I will be at another event and won't be able to watch it live unfortunately..

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Live feed sounds like a blast, but can it be recorded?...as I will be at another event and won't be able to watch it live unfortunately..

I shall certainly try to record what we can. It may mean purchasing some additional software. Between us we'll record as much as possible.

I've cleared all the cards, charged three batteries and packed the telephoto lens. I should also have video at my fingertips and we might try skype and a hidden live feed.

Take the battery charger just in case they have electricity to keep them charged up! lol

I can watch the live feed or if you can tell me how to, I can save it and share it since I will be home.

picked up the tents from bo today... there is also a small shelter... and..... A COFFEE POT !!! my day has not gone to waste !! now all i need is a ceramic mug to try to glue back together after i drop it...

bo is doing well, his wife's job situation is looking merrier, and he will be able to finish the last year of school... near disaster avoided...

such generosity on bo's part cannot go unpunished... a proper flogging may be needed...

from the two tents and shelter i picked up from bo, i believe william is staying in one, another couple from ohio may be attending and using the other ( michael, you may have to verify this--- haven't heard back from trish yet ), and then there is the smaller shelter which i believe is still open...

right now, we have one table, a borrowed table and benches in a box, we have a few crates for stiing, coolers with canvas for other seats..

i am trying to get a few keyhole chairs together, a table or two and a few more chests... don't know if i'll be able to get them togther in enough time though... i'll have to see...

we also have plenty of cooking gear, but not enough utensils... cast iron pans, a dutch oven, a brazier, some plates, mugs, lots o' bowls, a few platters, not much period eating utensils...

so, we have some to share, and lacking in a few other areas....