Fort De Chartres - June 2010

William Brand

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shots, although...Silas looks likes he's having way too much fun~ :D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Oh please tell me all you sailors won the tug of war!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

BRILLIANT!!!!!!! :D

Crewe of the Archangel

Professor Death was in fine form and left but few witnesses, those who remained being hand chosen by the same. The lamentations could still be heard as we left Fort de Chartres. I still cannot explain the sudden and seemingly irrational argument that started the matter, but I shall certainly never forget it.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!????

you PROMISED this episode would be forgave and, more especially, FORGOTTEN.

besides, whats a little tent burning? you make it sound like something really awful happened. i was on my good behavior, truly. i swear it.

Alright, but I'll kill anyone who gets in the way of me killing anyone!

let me break it down for ya:

Great shots, although...Silas looks likes he's having way too much fun~ biggrin.gif

despite the repressive heat, i had a great time !! even bought a wide brimmed hat that needs some reshaping, after eyeing william's and michael's and the voluminous shade properties...

Hmmm... looks like I missed out on a brilliantly fun time. I suppose... I need to make plans to attend next year. ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

LMAO!!!

OOOOOOHHHH MMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGE!!!!!

LOL... Wonder if I can conjure up a few souls. Of Course, as long as it remains on a weekend that no other event like an NWTA event lands on and I can pull some folks away from Port Washington... maybe I can persuade some Rev War mates to ... join. We shall see. Hell, I got to find a way to get down there!

:::runs out... then runs back in...:::: Oh.... wait... maybe I can borrow a couple of sheep from my uncle. ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Hey, it is the bosun's mate here. Bosun Carl has been very busy and I can wait no longer to express my deepest and most heartfelt gratefulness for the generosity of your photo sharing and work done to aquire the newspaper articles! It has been a very long time since I had so much fun looking at photos of events the guys have been too! They are not diligent at taking photos! LOL Again, thanks so very much for sharing, it's going to be one heck of a scrapbook! ;) So thank you William and Kate, and please do not forget us on the recipe list for those who are sharing those! Safe passage to you all!

Untill we meet again may you have fair winds and following seas.

Y.M.H.S.

C-

Hey, it is the bosun's mate here. Bosun Carl has been very busy and I can wait no longer to express my deepest and most heartfelt gratefulness for the generosity of your photo sharing and work done to aquire the newspaper articles! It has been a very long time since I had so much fun looking at photos of events the guys have been too! They are not diligent at taking photos! LOL Again, thanks so very much for sharing, it's going to be one heck of a scrapbook! laugh.gif So thank you William and Kate, and please do not forget us on the recipe list for those who are sharing those! Safe passage to you all!

Yo Ho ....recipe's are commin next week....didnt forget ...just busy...Yo Ho

Yo Ho.......

You are most welcome. It was a good trade for the efforts of all your lads who lent a hand to set up tents, cook food and help us feel welcome at an event very new to many of us. If there's interest, I can make up a nice Mercury cookbook and distribute it as a pdf.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

You are most welcome. It was a good trade for the efforts of all your lads who lent a hand to set up tents, cook food and help us feel welcome at an event very new to many of us. If there's interest, I can make up a nice Mercury cookbook and distribute it as a pdf.

William my wife says I would be interested in the pdf cook book would you like submissions for said file?

Untill we meet again may you have fair winds and following seas.

Y.M.H.S.

C-

Bo- thank you for the use of your wicked cool stuff. The boxes added alot to the camp. You're a dear for the loan. :)

Seconded. Thanks for the extra swag and canvas. The canvas made a difference in the heat of the day.

William my wife says I would be interested in the pdf cook book would you like submissions for said file?

Oh yeah. Send them to me by email or pm.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

While packing for this weekend's event, I couldn't find my red(ish) neckerchief. Did I leave it in the Mercury camp at De Chartres? Would everyone mind checking their stuff to see if it got mixed in? I think I may have left it draped over the Thatcher's wagon, or on the wash tub we were using to cool our feet, but who knows where it may have wound up. If those who have contact information for the folks that don't post here could pass on the message to have a search for it, I would be very grateful. The neckerchief isn't worth, but it has served me well for about three years now and I would very much like to continue to use it.

Michael_banner.jpg