Fort De Chartres - June 2010

William Brand

Thank you for the re-assuring information on the Prof...... I will bring a stake and chains just in case........also does he prefer raw meat to cooked meat ?...........

do wot! thats so, like, you know, UNCIVILIZED!rolleyes.gif

don't worry, i never pillage and plunder my friends, nor hack and maim my peers, or......well, you get the drift. all others are fair game tho!biggrin.gif

i'll bring some rum to compensate your loss of plate for the fine canvas shelter. as an indian i'm so used to sleeping on the ground though, canvas is a seldom used luxury except when it rains or snows......

Edited by Professor Death

Alright, but I'll kill anyone who gets in the way of me killing anyone!

let me break it down for ya:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have another added t our group... he will be bringing his two small children and possibly his wife if she doesn't have to work... i talked to another group that may be joining us, may not... haven't heard any word back just yet, though...

the boat would be nice, but right now i'd rather have a coffee pot :)

ok... the list so far is as follows...

kate and micheal souris

professor death

capt. J and partner in crime

jim keele ( and maybe his partner in crime )

rusty, carl and aj

the thatchers ( 7 to 11 crew )

chad and two small sons ( possibly his wife, also )

any one missing ???

michael, i know that patricia and shannon showed some interest... may be too early to tell, though...

michael, i know that patricia and shannon showed some interest... may be too early to tell, though...

I think if we wait until the Santa Maria (I hope that won't be too late), it might be best to see who else we can talk to about it there... I think we might be able to talk a few more into it (if that won't be too late). :unsure:

Michael_banner.jpg

Maybe the tent count is 9 tents at this time....does this sound right....if so i can let the Fort know we stand at nine at this time......also it sounds like we (MERCURY CREW) can run the tug of war.......sound ok?????????

Yo Ho.......

Yep. 12X12 monster wedge, 10X10 fly, and 7X9 bell wedge. I have some cedar poles cut for others that need them, or want to convert from modern lumber to un-milled wood. Lemme know when you plan to come, what you are driving (how much room), and I'll have everything ready to load.

Bo

bo, i can bring the monster van minus the seats... 12' is about as long as i can carry with the doors closed... other wise a bungee cord is needed... i'm kinda leaning towards near the event, maybe two weeks before... pm me your addy again, i've lost it... again !!

capt. scurvy... would be great if you can make it !! we can always make room for you...as of right now, i don't think anyone in your vicinity is joining us at this time, but hope you can be there !!

capt. J , have you seen the weight of some of these guys ?? !! my 170# is no match to those that which i have laid eyes upon !!

Edited by silas thatcher

Well....I got me tent and stuff droped off by the freighter last night (UPS truck....sorry) and this week end setting it up out back.....may be stay in it a night or two....to break it in...........Yo Ho ! I am ready for FDC

Yo Ho.......

Bretheren.... I got off the phone with Darrell D. (FDC coordinator)..... the 40th event web page is now posted.......Please read the rules and reg's....Last time for set up is 6/4 (night) and last time for take down is 6/8....because the Crew of the Mercury has volenteered to run the tug of war events (two times on Saterday and Sunday) the Fort has decided to wave the $20 per tent camping fee's for all of us.........fire wood and water is furnished.....also the web page will be changed to indicates that "Pirates " will be attending this event and partakeing in the events......... i have to give the Fort a tent count next week...it looks like we are at 9 tents....please help me out with the math.........

Yo Ho

Yo Ho.......

Still hoping to "day-trip" down there Saturday just to meet a few folks, but I won't be camping, too much work around the farms. I won't know til friday night before if I will be able to. Anyhow, who needs poles? I have nine cut and stripped for use, just need final fitting to the individual specs. of the tent. After messing around with these, I have found that it is better to use milled lumber for the ridge, as it tends to remain straight where the cedars tend to bow in the center after a couple of uses and getting rained on (the weight of the canvas wet tends to cause the bow). Anyhow, they work fine for the uprights and stay straight even under the wet canvas. I suppose if I cut bigger ones for the ridges they would work, but they would also be very heavy.

Silas, I forgot to send my contact info, but will do so now.

Bo

Not to get hopes up, but I'm trying to secure enough money for a plane ticket. I might be coming down by myself if I can make the trip at all. If anyone wants to help out by buying vinyls, draughts or a monmouth cap, I could improve my chances of attending. Still, if I don't make it, let me say that I am very glad to see so many attending under our winged jack. Make a good show. Leave a good impression.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Not to get hopes up, but I'm trying to secure enough money for a plane ticket. I might be coming down by myself if I can make the trip at all. If anyone wants to help out by buying vinyls, draughts or a monmouth cap, I could improve my chances of attending. Still, if I don't make it, let me say that I am very glad to see so many attending under our winged jack. Make a good show. Leave a good impression.

William ......count me in for the hat....also if you need transportation or lodging let me know....anything i can do.......also do you have stenciles of the mercury logo??

Yo Ho.......

Here's where we got ours; the 3 gallon model (bottom of the page) Westminster Forge

Okay, I tried to order the larger sized early coffee pot from this guy, but the phone number on the web site is no longer in service.... :D So then I tried to email him, and see if I could order it through that way... Only to discover his email is out of service, and bounces the message back to the sender.

Any chance you have some current contact information from this guy? I am reluctant to mail a check or money order to an address for a product with no means of contacting the vendor, and since he is on the East coast, I don't see me running into him at an event any time in the near future.

Any other suggestions on a vendor to get a coffee pot similar to the Early Style one Westminster Forge sells? I haven't tried google yet, but if I find anything I will post here.

William, I really hope it works out that you can make it after all! It would be great to see you again!

Michael_banner.jpg