Fort De Chartres - June 2010

William Brand

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could all chip in and get a huge one for the crew to be used this year...next year...ad infinitum.

I might just buy the below depicted one (the larger one in that design) because I like it so much (and my current one is too small and really not very period looking). Thanks for posting those Callenish! Now the web site doesn't list the volume of that coffee pot, but a similarly sized one holds just under a gallon, which while less than the super cool, way huge one that Callenish has (3 gallons), should be enough for the smaller gathering of pirate that are going to be at Fort Des Chartres, shouldn't it?

oldcoffee.jpg

Michael_banner.jpg

figure most mugs are 12-16 ounces that's about 8-12 cups per camp per pot of less than a gallon ...at pip they originally said "who's going to drink 3 gallons of coffee" ...Three pots later the rest of the Archangels and Blackbeards crew went out and bought three more pots:D

COFFEE POT !!! who is coming that has a coffee pot ???

Uhm, I have one.... unsure.gif .. But it is small..... unsure.gif ... Liek really small... unsure.gif .... Like it would only make enough for three or four good size mugs of coffee.... blink.gif .... I don't know if anyone coming has the Callenish size coffee pot or not, but I hope so! ph34r.gif

well that would be absolutely perfect for me !! do you have another one for yourself ?? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Silas, you are welcome to use anything I have, just let me know what you think you need and I'll make a pile in the shed. I am still going to try and get to the Whydah exhibit when it comes to St. Louis in May, so I can drop stuff off to you then, or if I end up not being able to make that, we can meet in Columbia as before. I have a standard size period tin pot (12 cup?) that I bought at the fort in 1995, so it has been there/done that before. In fact that coffee pot has been more places than a lot of people. Got rid of the little trailer or I'd just load it full and drag it to ya.

Bo

bo, it almost sounds like i just need to make a trip over once i get the trailer fixed, and pick up everything... it's an 8' long trailer with sides, so any poles and long stuff can easily fit...will also bring the big van without the seats, so alot can go in there too...

let's work out a date on the whydah so we can all go en masse !!

dangit william !! first bo, now you !! hope the broadside doesn't affect you more than the event itself... we shall carry on...

capt. j , we will have two tents with a fly in between, and about 9 of us.... still trying to feel out some locals on my end also... some are in a tough situation, too... so maybe yes, maybe no...

Thats good news Michael..........My lass wants to cook for a big group (more than just me) the more the merryer.!!!!!!!!

Well the Thatchers alone can accommodate that wish! <_<

I'll try and talk to a few more of the local(ish) people I know and see if any of them are free that weekend and willing to come, but it is hard to say at this point.

Michael_banner.jpg

same thing here... getting a "no commitment" from people who usually go as pirates... most of those are comitted to other events and some fell under the "bad economy" surprise... kinduva bad weekend all around !!

we will make the best of things !!

j, i have the pattern... it is on my list o' stuff to do... but on the bottom of the list... i have some other priorities that should be tended to first... and then i can do my other projects...

if it looks like we will be flagless, then i will do my best to get one done... ( we have to have a flag !! )

My better half also has a Mercury flag on her to-do list (and also got a copy of the pattern from Master Brand)... While I can't guarantee it will be done by June,I think it is close to the top of her list of things to do, so it is possible.

I think I just talked Sam (Professor_Death) into, but he said he would post here himself.

Michael_banner.jpg

i've always wanted to go to this event as a native, but if ye souris family be going, i'll be up to go too.... as a native pirate!tongue.gif argh!

everyone i know whos gone to this event says they love it, i'm looking forward to it. i'll be getting that linen out to ya michael, once i scrounge up a box......

this should be a pillage tyme.

Alright, but I'll kill anyone who gets in the way of me killing anyone!

let me break it down for ya:

Well then....it sounds that we may have a flag......that will be very pinpointing as it were....any way...I just ordered me tent. 12x16 belled wedge with all the trimmins....ouch it was costly...may cut into my rhum money....but we shall be comfortable.........also can the professor camp by you Silas/Michael ?........he appears to be well ....a little............shall I say scary !!!!!!!

Capt. J...

Yo Ho.......

Well then....it sounds that we may have a flag......that will be very pinpointing as it were....any way...I just ordered me tent. 12x16 belled wedge with all the trimmins....ouch it was costly...may cut into my rhum money....but we shall be comfortable.........also can the professor camp by you Silas/Michael ?........he appears to be well ....a little............shall I say scary !!!!!!!

Capt. J...

Don't worry about the Professor, he is all bark and no bite (and mostly just a warped sense of humour). :P But if it will help you sleep better, we'll keep him at the opposite end of the line of tents from you. ;)

As an FYI, we'll be staying in our wedge, which is about 8 feet by 9 feet and we have the tarp shelter (which sleep one comfortably, and two closely) available as a loaner should anyone need or want it.

Michael_banner.jpg

Capt. J...

Don't worry about the Professor, he is all bark and no bite (and mostly just a warped sense of humour). laugh.gif But if it will help you sleep better, we'll keep him at the opposite end of the line of tents from you. wink.gif

As an FYI, we'll be staying in our wedge, which is about 8 feet by 9 feet and we have the tarp shelter (which sleep one comfortably, and two closely) available as a loaner should anyone need or want it.

Yo Ho.......

Capt. J...

Don't worry about the Professor, he is all bark and no bite (and mostly just a warped sense of humour). laugh.gif But if it will help you sleep better, we'll keep him at the opposite end of the line of tents from you. wink.gif

Thank you for the re-assuring information on the Prof...... I will bring a stake and chains just in case........also does he prefer raw meat to cooked meat ?...........

Yo Ho.......

Capt. J...

Thank you for the re-assuring information on the Prof...... I will bring a stake and chains just in case........also does he prefer raw meat to cooked meat ?...........

Alright, but I'll kill anyone who gets in the way of me killing anyone!

let me break it down for ya: