Fort De Chartres - June 2010

William Brand

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I tried to order the larger sized early coffee pot from this guy, but the phone number on the web site is no longer in service.... :D So then I tried to email him, and see if I could order it through that way... Only to discover his email is out of service, and bounces the message back to the sender.

Any chance you have some current contact information from this guy? I am reluctant to mail a check or money order to an address for a product with no means of contacting the vendor, and since he is on the East coast, I don't see me running into him at an event any time in the near future.

Any other suggestions on a vendor to get a coffee pot similar to the Early Style one Westminster Forge sells? I haven't tried google yet, but if I find anything I will post here.

William, I really hope it works out that you can make it after all! It would be great to see you again!

Well it seems I had a big brain fart moment, because I tried the number again, and this time it worked... I must have mis-dialed the number last time I tried it. :D

William, while I wouldn't be interested in another Mercury t-shirt (I've barely broken in my first one :D ), the wife as big on the idea of a hoody (or is it hoodie?) or sweat shirt, and I might just be willing to get one for me as well.... So if you can mix the order up and don't have to order all t-shirts, you can put us down for those.

Michael_banner.jpg

Yes, I can do all three. T-shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies, just like last time. As or flags, I've priced them in the past and they are not cheap. I would have to either have them made or bribe Tracy to sew them and then have them screened. It's a costly affair either way, so it's never been practical. Still, I'll check it out.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

You could most likely purchase exactly what you need for a coffee pot at the fort. I bought mine there at the fort store in '95 or '96 (?) There are usually a dozen or more large vendors there and countless small operations and blanket-traders too. I am sending mine along with Silas too.

Bo

ahoy I am bo'son Carl. I was contacted by Silas Thacher to join this forum. Mr Thacher thought i might be a help to this most auspicious gathering.As Silas stated my brother in law and I a rope walk for demo's. Has any one contacted the fort for a reserved area for demonstration purposes i.e. rope making weapons display(q&a), knotting, rope work. This my net a better camping situation possibly, if we have a good idea of the foot print of the tents and awnings, they may be more interested in setting aside room for us?

Ymhs

c-

Untill we meet again may you have fair winds and following seas.

Y.M.H.S.

C-

ahoy I am bo'son Carl. I was contacted by Silas Thacher to join this forum. Mr Thacher thought i might be a help to this most auspicious gathering.As Silas stated my brother in law and I a rope walk for demo's. Has any one contacted the fort for a reserved area for demonstration purposes i.e. rope making weapons display(q&a), knotting, rope work. This my net a better camping situation possibly, if we have a good idea of the foot print of the tents and awnings, they may be more interested in setting aside room for us?

Ymhs

c-

WO MY TYPING REALY DOES NEED HELP DOESN'T IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y.M.H.S.

C-

good to see ya carl !! cpt. j has been in contact with darell d??????? ... hasn't asked for foot prints yet, but may be a good idea... our setup will be very large with two wall tents and a fly in between...

if anything, we can "expand" a little if we have to :)

good to see ya carl !! cpt. j has been in contact with darell d??????? ... hasn't asked for foot prints yet, but may be a good idea... our setup will be very large with two wall tents and a fly in between...

if anything, we can "expand" a little if we have to :)

Silas,

We usually go the Sunday before the event to set up, that us usally the first day they let you set up so we usually take advantage of that to get a good spot to camp. I can let you know what time for sure after I speak to Rusty. So whether Darrell has given you a reserved area or not, if you want to meet AJ and I there, and Rusty, with as much canvas as you can lay hands on we would be happy to help you set up the camps that you can. You used to be able to stake out canvas, but with the budget cuts, you have to put up the camps, as to lessen the repairs of the grounds. Rusty will also be camping all week long so he can keep watch over all the belongings that are left there.

ymhs

c-

Y.M.H.S.

C-

Hello C'

I have indicated to Darrell D. we are at around 9 tents indicated............would be good if i could get an updated confirmation by the end of the week to let Darrell D. Know. i will be there Friday afternoon sometime to set up my camp....i will certinly call Darrell D. this week to update him on things...i will tell him about the rope stuff.....our crew is scheduled to run the tug o war two times on saturday and two on sunday....i will check to see if there is more we can participate in........

Capt. J...

Yo Ho.......

Hello C'

I have indicated to Darrell D. we are at around 9 tents indicated............would be good if i could get an updated confirmation by the end of the week to let Darrell D. Know. i will be there Friday afternoon sometime to set up my camp....i will certinly call Darrell D. this week to update him on things...i will tell him about the rope stuff.....our crew is scheduled to run the tug o war two times on saturday and two on sunday....i will check to see if there is more we can participate in........

Capt. J...

capt. j..

Y.M.H.S.

C-

I know that I've seemed removed on subjects of the Mercury and Pyracy of late, but only because I couldn't be with all of you and it was depressing to think about so many of you coming to Fort De Chartres while I couldn't attend. I had packed up all of my pirate things and resigned myself to not attending, when again, my fortunes changed quite suddenly in the form of a gift. I am blessed with generous friends and it gives me great pleasure to announce that I will be in attendance at Fort De Chartres.

Tracy has agreed, though with some trepidation, to drop all other projects in favor of one very large, ominous flag. She makes no promises there, but means to try.

Meanwhile, I am diving back into some projects that I had put away and I am looking forward to meeting so many of you. Until then, sew, stitch, buy and pack, and for those who have not signed aboard the muster and wish to, I give you the following link.

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=16119

And to John and Janet. merci beaucoup

Capt......Capt.......J....

Oui

Glad your comming Quartermaster......

lets sign the roster and plan on pillaging the Fort....Oh and William an Imaging documentation machine is acceptable with the Fort....

As for as the rope works ...yes.... the Fort would like you to set up something.......

Yo HO !

Edited by Capt. J...

Yo Ho.......

Well.....trying to tidy up the tent count...Iam at 10.... with planing in that Silas's------jim and rhonda @1 rusty, carl, aj @1 Prof. death @1 (maybe that should read cage), chad @1, jim Kelle @1........

Thatchers @2, Capt. J... @1.Michaelbagsby@2(w/shelter)

Hows my math ?

We will be staying right out side the Forts main gate..by the french and british military.......premium spot no less.....plenty of exposure.....

Yo Ho

Yo Ho.......

This is what I have if correct...

2 wall tents and a fly:

Silas Thatcher and Company

12' x 16' Bell Wedge:

Capt. J

Janet

8' x 9' Wedge:

Michael Souris

Kate Souris

Tarp shelter:

Professor Death

Tent:

Jim

Rhonda

2 10' x 12' tents and awning

Rusty

Carl

AJ

Tent:

Chad and Company

12' x 12' wedge and 10' x 10' awning:

I would like to use the monster wedge as a quartermaster/command tent, if no one minds. Then I can do the 10' x 10' awning off of it and use it as our central meeting spot. I might try to get a camp table for charts and the like.

Bo's 7' x 9' wedge:

Well.....trying to tidy up the tent count...Iam at 10.... with planing in that Silas's------jim and rhonda @1 rusty, carl, aj @1 Prof. death @1 (maybe that should read cage), chad @1, jim Kelle @1........

Hows my math ?

We will be staying right out side the Forts main gate..by the french and british military.......premium spot no less.....plenty of exposure.....

Yo Ho

Y.M.H.S.

C-

Hows my math ?

Yo Ho

right outside of the gates IS A VERY PREMIUM spot usualy well shaded and traveled.

ymhs

c-

Y.M.H.S.

C-

yes...we are fortunate to have the folks at the Fort accomdating us in this fine way....hope we can get more of the bretheren to attend....this will be a spectacular time.......

Yo Ho.......

Good day shipmates have we resolved the issue with coffee pot. If not my brother in law has offered us his two gallon enamel ware pot if you would be interested at least until someone locates a more historic piece.

My boat crew and I will be at the fort saturday the thirtieth arround ten in the morning for set up. Will any one else be in attendance? We will also be leaving a member behind for camp gaurd if you have items you wish to leave behind he will be most agreeable to keeping an eye on them for you as well as managing your canvas and stakes for the week.

My lovley bride has also offered to produce linen coffee bags , so we don't have to chew our coffee!!!!

ymhs

c-

Y.M.H.S.

C-

Despite my best efforts, I have not yet been able to procure a coffee pot yet... So your brother in laws offer would be very helpful!

So far I am aiming to be there Friday night (June 4th). Not sure what time we'll be rolling in at yet, but we'll let everyone know closer to the time.

Michael_banner.jpg