PiP 2008 Photo Thread

Kate Souris

Micheal wants to be the Mercury Surgeon.

DSCF5876.jpg

(It's that hat that does it. "I must get that hat back! Think nasty, think nasty, think nasty!")

Actually i could think of whil wearing that hat is, "This hat has weird accoustics!".

Why's the mead gone? (And who's hat is this? Is it worth $20?)

DSCF5877.jpg

That would be my hat! And it would be worth exactly $20... Cause that is what I paid for it... But that was also before I added the trim...

Michael_banner.jpg

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i could think of whil wearing that hat is, "This hat has weird accoustics!".

;) It does tend to cause you to lose half the sounds going on around you, doesn't it? On the other hand, if you tilt your head just right, you can hear conversations going on 100 feet away... you just sort of look like your neck's broken or something...

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Oh, I see Brig in here. I almost put this in the last one, but since she showed up, I'll put it in here:

Damn, I'm good!

DSCF5879.jpg

(I just wish I could remember this moment, even a little. Don't tell Jack!)

(Brig! Brig! Hit refresh!)

Say, who's hat am I wearing?

Meanwhile...back at the Hide...Stynky the evil sorcerer with his potent elixer. (Say, what happened to your hat?)

DSCF5904.jpg

Jessi, Profile, Mission's Hat, Monday Morning, 3am, drunken photographer, crappy non-working flash:

DSCF5910.jpg

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

Haha! Sorry, moving a little slow today. I made a comment on that picture on Photobucket..something along the lines of how everyone looks trashed, except maybe Kate. I remember that...faintly...fuzzily...I was drunk texting on my crackberry and didn't even know we were taking a picture until you spun me around and I saw the flash!

Edited by Brig

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

I was drunk texting on my crackberry and didn't even know we were taking a picture until you spun me around and I saw the flash!

I spun you around? Wow, I must have been trashed to be so bold. (Jessi called it "coming out of my shell" but it sounds more like jumping out the shell and stomping on it.) Although the blackberry thing does strike a chord...

This is from Madame Grace's photos that Dutch just posted a link to:

This is one of those photos you should just frame:

HollyPointandKeyWest2008789.jpg

Patrick washing his hair for the Locks for Love thing!

HollyPointandKeyWest2008785.jpg

(As much work as it is sorting through photos, I am always amazed by the moments different people are able to capture.)

A nice one of the (mostly) Archangel encampment:

HollyPointandKeyWest2008763.jpg

This one just strikes me amusing:

HollyPointandKeyWest2008637.jpg

"In me you get all the good rolled into one. I am fifty percent pointer. Dere it is! Dere it is! Dere it is! Fifty percent boxer. (spars) Fifty percent setter. (Sits). Irish setter (puts pipe in mouth upside down) Fifty percent watch dog. (Pulls out pocket watch) Fifty percent spitz. (spits) Fifty percent doberman pincer."

"Ow! Ouch! Ow!"

"But mostly I'm all Laborador retriever."

"Oh, yu-yu-you are not a Laborador retriever."

"I'm not?"

"N-N-No."

"Look if you doubt my word, get me a Laborador and I'll retrieve it for ya. That's fair isn't it?"

"A La-La-Laborador? Why sure, I-I-I'll..."

"Have ya got a Laborador?"

"N-N-No."

"Know where ya can get a Laborador?"

"N-N-No."

"Then shaddap!"

(This is not a comment on Lilly, it is a joke about the pipe. You have to have seen the cartoon...in fact you can at You Tube here.)

This is an awesome shot of Silkie, but it's sideways so I didn't post it here.

Just beautiful:

HollyPointandKeyWest2008584.jpg

This is a nice Mercury group shot from the flag procession:

HollyPointandKeyWest2008533.jpg

The Fam:

HollyPointandKeyWest2008429.jpg

Another nice one of Ashley/Isabelle/Isabella:

HollyPointandKeyWest2008207.jpg

Edited by Raphael Misson

Last photo album to look through! Whew, took a lot longer than I thought!

These are from Lily's Pictures:

Sunday night at the Hide before the chaos began:

08NovDecPIP067.jpg

And then after:

08NovDecPIP070.jpg

My guess is that this is about 2am... (I notice Stynky is not there. Maybe that's why this pic looks fairly sedate.)

The Prize! Patrick's Locks for Love (Twins - tepid smile, unsure):

08NovDecPIP058.jpg

The Prize! Lily's Locks for Love (Edward - small smile, relieved he didn't screw it up):

08NovDecPIP061.jpg

The Prize! M.A. d'Dogge's Locks for Love (Spike - great smile, hoping he screwed it up):

08NovDecPIP063.jpg

Edited by Raphael Misson

What was Grace saying?

Captain...you think I can remember back to the exact moment?! Well, I can...this time! She was discussing what it's like to share her tent with 'Robbie - the gifted one'.

Yet, keeping with pub decorum, I cannot go into detail about the matter spoken. Let's just say, I was laughing hard enough to make water upon myself!

She's a hoot, Captain. Can we keep her?

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Patrick washing his hair for the Locks for Love thing!

HollyPointandKeyWest2008785.jpg

(As much work as it is sorting through photos, I am always amazed by the moments different people are able to capture.)

Hmm...I must have been off with the Captain or with Lily and O'Keefe when this was going on. Great shot!

Member of "The Forsaken"

too funny ...that wasn't candid at all. lol It wasn't at PiP either. It was at Deltaville & she was posing for Pirate Pete. My guess is that while she was looking at Pete Grace took the shot ...so maybe that makes it candid ...but I don't think so. lol

Would the owner of the previous photo account (the one that has Silkie standing at her Ordinary) please fix the position of Silkie's picture located by the link.

I would love to add it to my collection!

Edited by Cheeky Actress

Member of "The Forsaken"

(This is not a comment on Lilly, it is a joke about the pipe. You have to have seen the cartoon...in fact you can at You Tube here.)

Hey Mission...that be Bess, the Indentured Servant. Lilly wouldn't be caught dead smoking a pipe!

Looney Tunes Rock, by the way...

Member of "The Forsaken"

Would the owner of the previous photo account (the one that has Silkie standing at her Ordinary) please fix the position of Silkie's picture located by the link.
That would be Dutch and it is highly unlikely that he even knows how to adjust it.

The Prize! Patrick's Locks for Love (Twins - tepid smile, unsure):

08NovDecPIP058.jpg

We were afraid Patrick might change his mind! Not really...that damned spotlight was bright!

The Prize! Lily's Locks for Love (Edward - small smile, relieved he didn't screw it up):

08NovDecPIP061.jpg

As lovely as this picture is, my favorite part is the face Mae is making in the background. :rolleyes:

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

Ah this poor thing... its mate was killed the morning after we arrived. A falcon struck it just above my head, I could actually feel the motion in the air, whilst I was cleaning out the trailer... and landed two feet from me... sad, but incredibly beautiful to see the falcon in action and that bloody close...

I may use that if you don't mind.

Hmmm use it ... how?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Haha! Sorry, moving a little slow today. I made a comment on that picture on Photobucket..something along the lines of how everyone looks trashed, except maybe Kate. I remember that...faintly...fuzzily...I was drunk texting on my crackberry and didn't even know we were taking a picture until you spun me around and I saw the flash!

Aye ye all were, except maybe Kate... that was the night Diosa kept preparing to curtsy and literally skipped to the loo...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I would love to add it to my collection!

You can add it to your collection and then rotate it yourself if you want

Crewe of the Archangel

And then after:

08NovDecPIP070.jpg

My guess is that this is about 2am... (I notice Stynky is not there. Maybe that's why this pic looks fairly sedate.)

Oi Look Again!

Crewe of the Archangel

This is a cute one of Jessi. Anyone have any idea whose hat she has on in this pic?

DSCF5841.jpg

And, of course, no strange drinking PiP event is complete without M.A. d'Dogge in some article of women's clothing:

DSCF5858.jpg

jess would be wearrin MY hat...hence me wearrin silkies to hide me acquired girly locks....damn Spike...had a bald spot when he was done.... :rolleyes:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

"In me you get all the good rolled into one. I am fifty percent pointer. Dere it is! Dere it is! Dere it is! Fifty percent boxer. (spars) Fifty percent setter. (Sits). Irish setter (puts pipe in mouth upside down) Fifty percent watch dog. (Pulls out pocket watch) Fifty percent spitz. (spits) Fifty percent doberman pincer."

"Ow! Ouch! Ow!"

"But mostly I'm all Laborador retriever."

"Oh, yu-yu-you are not a Laborador retriever."

"I'm not?"

"N-N-No."

"Look if you doubt my word, get me a Laborador and I'll retrieve it for ya. That's fair isn't it?"

"A La-La-Laborador? Why sure, I-I-I'll..."

"Have ya got a Laborador?"

"N-N-No."

"Know where ya can get a Laborador?"

"N-N-No."

"Then shaddap!"

:lol::blink::D:blink:

OK, everyone ~ Check out the Farmers Hat. Suspiciously like the Surgeons Hat, no?

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Ah this poor thing... its mate was killed the morning after we arrived. A falcon struck it just above my head, I could actually feel the motion in the air, whilst I was cleaning out the trailer... and landed two feet from me... sad, but incredibly beautiful to see the falcon in action and that bloody close...

I may use that if you don't mind.

Hmmm use it ... how?

Put it on my web page version of the journal. With credit, naturally. I haven't decided how much of this I'm going to do yet. Probably not too much. I do plan to use M.A. d'Dogges description of winning the Walk the Plank contest since it's vintage MD and I wasn't there. (Come to think of it... M.A. dDogge, do you mind if I use your description of winning the Walk the Plank contest? With credit, of course.)

;):rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

OK, everyone ~ Check out the Farmers Hat. Suspiciously like the Surgeons Hat, no?

Well, it is a planter's hat as told to me by the estimable Patrick who made it. Thus it would have been worn by what sums up to be period farmers. It's purpose is to keep the sun off your face while spreading seeds and raking and hoeing, spreading manure and whatever the heck else it is that farmers do. It looks like the sort of thing a slightly superior captured ship's surgeon would wear amongst pirates to me. As if to say, "I'm too important to get burned by the sun." (I think it is perfect for my character.)

Edited by Raphael Misson