PiP 2008 Photo Thread

Kate Souris

These are from Cpt Sophia M Eisleys photos.

Speaking of not knowing people, who is this? Scarlett Jai? It's a cool shot:

Picture107.jpg

And who's on the ground?

I like everyone's expressions in this shot. Good acting:

Picture117.jpg

This is a very lush photo. Like the color and detail for some reason:

Picture061.jpg

(I think it's because of the beautiful Australian Pines.)

This looks nice. Anyone know whose encampment this is?

Picture063.jpg

Deadeye's Ashram from the side:

Picture009.jpg

(One great thing about this event is all the photos. Someone always has an interesting take on the same thing.)

One of the cleaning crew at the Hide:

Picture015.jpg

Scullery maids at work on the Salmagundi:

Picture029.jpg

The manifold wonders of the Australian Pine in Fort Edward Taylor:

Picture046.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These shots are from the Thatcher's Photos. They take photos like you'd expect to find in a guide book - many of them quite crisp and lovely. These are serious, y'all. No jokes from me...

The temple that is Fort Taylor:

DSCN0189.jpg

Pre-encampment, the site. Location, location, location:

DSCN0247.jpg

Lady Constance at the Hide:

DSCN0353.jpg

Sunset at the Beach:

DSCN0458.jpg

A Pirate's Pirate keeping his equipment clean:

DSCN0576.jpg

Baby Lion with Hot Sauce:

DSCN0786.jpg

(You haveta read the journal to make sense of the title. Sorry.)

Michael firing on a ship. (I hope that's Michael.)

DSCN0635.jpg

A candid moment (These shots contain many such unposed gems):

DSCN0678.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Three days of doing nothing but scouring photo sites. I think work may be easier than this! Back to the Callahans for a bit:

118DSCF7868%20PIP-1.JPG

A nice pic of me, Stynky and Jessi. Oddly, Jessi's wallet turned up missing on this day. Someone charged $5000 to her credit cards. Curious...

118DSCF7887%20PIP-1.JPG

Not another Mad Dog, but he may be slightly peeved at his ridiculous head gear...

118DSCF8535%20PIP-1.JPG

A good one of Nick and...crud! I've forgotten her name again! I keep thinking it's Ashley, but I know it's not.

118DSCF8474%20PIP-1.JPG

A lovely shot of withoutaname. (She needs to change her user ID around here.)

118DSCF8577%20PIP-1.JPG

'Twas the Season!

118DSCF8016%20PIP-1.JPG

Sir Nigel the Loud.

Good Lord! The Viceroy is a lycanthrope!

118DSCF8397%20PIP-1.JPG

A good shot of Diosa:

118DSCF7966%20PIP-1.JPG

Mission_banner5.JPG

118DSCF8535%20PIP-1.JPG

A good one of Nick and...crud! I've forgotten her name again! I keep thinking it's Ashley, but I know it's not.

Figures you doubt yourself once you finally get it right! :D She is planning on going by the name "Isabelle" (or is it Isabella, crap now I am doing it), but her real name is Ashley...

Michael_banner.jpg

Ha ha! This is a great one of Ashley/Isabelle/Isabella:

118DSCF8100%20PIP-2.JPG

Don't try this at home:

118DSCF8202%20PIP-1.JPG

(This is assuming you have a fort wall with a moat at the base of it at home.)

Hilarious! As if Silverhawk isn't funny enough without Bucky to back him up!)

118DSCF8189%20PIP-1.JPG

Ah, really goofy. My favorite pose...

118DSCF8079%20PIP-1.JPG

This guy looks like he's up to something:

118DSCF8085%20PIP-1.JPG

Methinks Mae doth not Approve of the course of this battle:

E006DSC_0760%20PIP-1.JPG

Methinks Bucky doth do Approve of the Pirates Taking the Fort:

F001DSC_2754%20PIP-1.JPG

(Or maybe not. Bucky's so hard to read...)

Two Regal Personages:

E006DSC_1114%20PIP-1.JPG

Mission_banner5.JPG

Bwa-ha-ha! The All Girl's Cannoneers get inducted with the stynky sponge. Look at all of their expressions!

S004ADSC_0144%20PIP-1.JPG

(I think Grace got a raw deal, though. She had already fired cannon and been inducted.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Actually, it is Mary with my rifle.... She was kind enough to pick it up for me (I had tossed it aside as it was being problematic, again...)... And she got shot trying to return it to me...
I believe Cheeky compiles her favourite photos on her Photobucket, so it can be hard to figure out which photo belongs to whom when drawing photos from her account... But it does make for a great summary!

Guilty as charged, Mickey/Mission. My Flikr account is a compilation of a my favorites...(*Merchant Down - is a big FAV of mine).

My folks/family members get a big kick out of them. My mom thinks I'm crazy...my father love that I embrace history in my 'own special way' :ph34r:

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

These are from Cpt Sophia M Eisleys photos.

Speaking of not knowing people, who is this? Scarlett Jai? It's a cool shot:

Picture107.jpg

And who's on the ground?

The manifold wonders of the Australian Pine in Fort Edward Taylor:

Picture046.jpg

Yep, that's Scarlett Jai, and Deadeye's on the ground.

Erm..Fort Edward Taylor? C'mon, you've been there more times than I have. :ph34r:

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

DSCN0678.jpg

Cheeky's eyes narrow and look towards the surgeon with much abomination. "You're lucky that I like you....I'll kill you last!"

I like Grace's expression... "OMG, the captain's mistress is out walking around naked... again.... Omg, omg"

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

One of the cleaning crew at the Hide:

Picture015.jpg

Ah this poor thing... its mate was killed the morning after we arrived. A falcon struck it just above my head, I could actually feel the motion in the air, whilst I was cleaning out the trailer... and landed two feet from me... sad, but incredibly beautiful to see the falcon in action and that bloody close...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

DSCN0678.jpg

Cheeky's eyes narrow and look towards the surgeon with much abomination. "You're lucky that I like you....I'll kill you last!"

twas me that took the pic...... couldn't resist.... now, alot of people have it in the cd's i sent out !!! :)

What was Grace saying?

Crewe of the Archangel

Ah this poor thing... its mate was killed the morning after we arrived. A falcon struck it just above my head, I could actually feel the motion in the air, whilst I was cleaning out the trailer... and landed two feet from me... sad, but incredibly beautiful to see the falcon in action and that bloody close...

I may use that if you don't mind.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Erm..Fort Edward Taylor? C'mon, you've been there more times than I have. ;)

Do your research... ;)

It was called Ft. Edward Taylor for the weekend b/c Harry found a reference to a pirate named Edward Taylor. (See, I did learn something at the Captain's meeting.) In your defense, I don't think most people were aware of this interesting little factoid.

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

Now we come to those photos taken by that drunk guy with a borrowed camera...Ok, now everyone hum the Mexican Hat Dance...

Good lord...the hat passing nonsense. I have Jessi's hat and Michael has Stynky's (Guard it well. That hat's worth $20 at any Tijuana mead vendor, my friend.)

DSCF5847.jpg

I look way more drunk that Michael.

But don't be fooled by his calm exterior! Michael's pickled too!

DSCF5846.jpg

(Would you let this man date your daughter? I think not...)

This is a cute one of Jessi. Anyone have any idea whose hat she has on in this pic?

DSCF5841.jpg

I think Edward is pissed that he missed out on the game (or the mead):

DSCF5848.jpg

But fear not, Edward! There's more! Want some? (Have you got $20?)

DSCF5849.jpg

Kate wondering what she's doing here with these weirdos and their strange hat fetish (Whose hat is that?):

DSCF5856.jpg

And, of course, no strange drinking PiP event is complete without M.A. d'Dogge in some article of women's clothing:

DSCF5858.jpg

This guy did have $20! (I'm pretty sure he's buying his/Stynky's mead. Maybe not, but even if you were there you really weren't all there so I can say he's doing whatever I want.)

DSCF5867.jpg

Edited by Raphael Misson

DSCF5841.jpg

Once again, Stynky sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong, ruining a perfectly good picture of Jessi. What shall we do with him? Whatever is there to do?

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Once again, Stynky sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong, ruining a perfectly good picture of Jessi. What shall we do with him? Whatever is there to do?

I...have a cunning plan! (You'll see.)

Edited by Raphael Misson

woo hooo. i fugured out what some of these buttons do!!! here is a link to some of graces photos. some are an event we did at holly point9home of the explorer) and the rest are PIP. I tried to get one of everybody in the album, but there are still more to go. I'll get those CD's mailed out sometime, I promise.

http://s316.photobucket.com/albums/mm339/b.../holly%20point/

Does it involve a fleem or leeches? A bone saw? Some bleeding of some type?

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Some other stuff from my photos with Mary's Camera:

Harry Toasting. (What they heck happened to that mug?)

DSCF5874.jpg

Micheal wants to be the Mercury Surgeon.

DSCF5876.jpg

(It's that hat that does it. "I must get that hat back! Think nasty, think nasty, think nasty!")

Why's the mead gone? (And who's hat is this? Is it worth $20?)

DSCF5877.jpg

Where did Greg come from? How'd he get mead...and the hat?

DSCF5878.jpg

Notice how Diosa smiles so nice? She probably had been there awhile...

DSCF5881.jpg

Oh, was that your wounded foot?

DSCF5883.jpg

My favorite shot from Sunday night taken when I was leaving and 80% mentally unconscious. It's the moon....or a lamp...or a car's head lights...or a ghost. Yellow fever! AIEEEEE!

DSCF5886.jpg

Why do I remember nothing whatsoever of this moment? And why is Stynky in the shot?

DSCF5891.jpg

Does it involve a fleem or leeches? A bone saw? Some bleeding of some type?

No, it's much funnier than that. You'll have to wait, soon all will be revealed. (Sorry, I'm keeping mum till it's ready.)

Edited by Raphael Misson