Getting tentage ready for PIP

callenish gunner

if the top inch or so is loose, would something like a snow stake work? no idea what it looks like down there.

It looks like this:

coral.jpg

(My feeeet!)

I am in pain just looking at this picture... damn I need new shoes...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes....this coral thing keeps getting more and more fun the more I hear about it.... :rolleyes:

Ha! Wait until ye live and walk on it... but tis worth the trouble

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

How long Jimmy?

Excuse Me?!

Oh, yhou mean the rebar stakes...about 18 inches or so. Sort of pointy on one end and bent "J" shaped on one end.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

How long Jimmy?
Excuse Me?!

Oh, yhou mean the rebar stakes...about 18 inches or so. Sort of pointy on one end and bent "J" shaped on one end.

:rolleyes: James! How could you?! This is me were talking about! ....oh ...never mind.

Edited by Silkie McDonough

How long Jimmy?
Excuse Me?!

:rolleyes: James! How could you?! This is me were talking about! ....oh ...never mind.

Oh, like I'm going to pass up straight line like that...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Signed, sealed and well almost delivered...few more days... We took the plunge also Lily and got a Sunforger in the 10'X12' wall tent for PiP. It is enroute to the fort at this very moment. I got us the one with a "set-up package" but suspect that we will be at the local Home Depot for additional needs. We are driving down, so we are bringing in all the gear. Makes it easier for us. I recommend sending/shipping anything you can't suitcase for the plane. Our many packages have all arrived safely and on time. Also remember if you are flying in, WEAR your garb, and enjoy the scene. Makes airport security a breeze to get through! Experienced it first hand earlier in the year going to the Caymans. Talk about fun! :)

I believe you're in a more concentrated area this year on the point, so you may want to have a contingency plan in case the trees aren't being cooperative.

I have the map Harry gave us over the weekend but I haven't had time to scan it in and post it.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I believe you're in a more concentrated area this year on the point, so you may want to have a contingency plan in case the trees aren't being cooperative.

I have the map Harry gave us over the weekend but I haven't had time to scan it in and post it.

-- Hurricane

**tapping foot**

Crewe of the Archangel

Here you go!

fort1.jpg

Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Here you go!

Hurricane

Have I got the restrooms correct in placement? Just wondering as to what appears to be a much smaller area allotted ....have they cleared more of that area? I know tis more than a bit difficult to tell by this map alone, but that area last year was the Archangel crewe alone...putting the Bone Islanders and the Mercury crew in there as well is going to be very tight... from what I remember...or are we permitted to spill over?

and thanks Hurricane

fort1.jpg

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

Ouch...

Is it just me, or does it seem even further away from the Fort than last year? Good communication is going to be essential for those *pesky* (wink) meetings and such. Will there be signage directing the Public to the beach for the Living History encampments?

Edited by Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Doesn't seem like much space. Does Harry have an actual map with the dirt roads and such on it. The Arch Angel crew was in a sloped area just off the parking lot and the space was indeed limited. not a flat spot to be had but the trees were cooropative ...Well the trees that clint & Billy used were. I do think the encampment should be tighter but that may be far too tight. I now have a 16 x 19 canopy, Gunner takes up a space something like 18 x 34(?). Only two of the Arch Angel tents from last year will not be there this year but we have at least two tents to replace them and many more of the Mercury.

Harry, do you really think we can fit? Will we have level ground?

Also, Mary is right, communications ...have a set of Walkie Talkies ...I will have to check my cell phone plan.

Edited by Silkie McDonough

Here you go!

Hurricane

Have I got the restrooms correct in placement? Just wondering as to what appears to be a much smaller area allotted ....have they cleared more of that area? I know tis more than a bit difficult to tell by this map alone, but that area last year was the Archangel crewe alone...putting the Bone Islanders and the Mercury crew in there as well is going to be very tight... from what I remember...or are we permitted to spill over?

and thanks Hurricane

I think that points to the importance of getting the forms into Harry. Right now, he has 50. 18 of those are our crewe, leaving (let's get the old abacus out here) -- 32 in the encampment.

Promises to go don't get space -- the forms do.

Yes, that's where the restrooms are located...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Here you go!

Hurricane

and thanks Hurricane

I think that points to the importance of getting the forms into Harry. Right now, he has 50. 18 of those are our crewe, leaving (let's get the old abacus out here) -- 32 in the encampment.

Promises to go don't get space -- the forms do.

Yes, that's where the restrooms are located...

-- Hurricane

Does he need footprints of tents? I think the concern is that we lived there last year and aye we were separated from the Mercury camp (to make sense out why the two crews were even in the same area to begin with), but there was not 32 tents (?) (granted some will be doubling up or living in the modern camp but not all) and possibly more as we near Dec.... as it was we could not put up one tent we were hoping to use and this year we will need that tent and an additional one of 8 x12' in size... granted one can go in the area that Jack Roberts used but that still leaves us with one additional that we did not have the space for...or can we camp on that "road" there... my recall was that the road needed to be kept clear for emergency vehicles if needed... Just curious as to why we are losing a good deal of space and needing to make the camp look regimental ?

Crewe of the Archangel

Does he need footprints of tents? I think the concern is that we lived there last year and aye we were separated from the Mercury camp (to make sense out why the two crews were even in the same area to begin with), but there was not 32 tents (?) (granted some will be doubling up or living in the modern camp but not all) and possibly more as we near Dec.... as it was we could not put up one tent we were hoping to use and this year we will need that tent and an additional one of 8 x12' in size... granted one can go in the area that Jack Roberts used but that still leaves us with one additional that we did not have the space for...or can we camp on that "road" there... my recall was that the road needed to be kept clear for emergency vehicles if needed... Just curious as to why we are losing a good deal of space and needing to make the camp look regimental ?

That would be for Harry to answer, not me. Obviously, these are rough outs of spaces. But if you were to move the encampment space (even as it is sized now) into the fort, you'd see that the space is about a little more than half of the parade ground in size.

I assume that there will always have to be a balance, since this is the best beach in all of Key West and there are a lot of people who come to the fort for the beach, not for our event. On any given day there can be 8,000 cruise shippers in town looking for a beach and the park is the place to go for fun in the sun. But again, Harry is the almighty wise one on this subject...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Capt Sterling - Just as a note, that area looks like it has been raked and leveled a bit... it actually looked pretty darn nice and they were still working when we were there

Everybody - Ok kids, Less whining.... Where my crewe was sleeping last year has 2 full sized cannons in the space this time around and we're figuring out how to fit DOUBLE of us in there this year.... :lol:

You're going to be in freakin Key West! Why focus on the negative?!?!? Hell, most of the pirates will be too damn drunk to find their tents most of the time anyways...

Less grumbling... more creative camping :) ;)

Or for those who watch Project Runway... Make it work.... ;)

Diosa

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Right then...I'm done!

Crewe of the Archangel

Right then...I'm done!

Hey Sterling, Wasn't trying to be too bitchy or anything... although that generally is my personality and I never have acquired this thing called tact.... It also wasn't aimed at you or this particular portion of the topic...

There is always a lot of second guessing what the guys down there are doing and I feel for em. They are already being run around in circles just trying to deal with all the paperwork and other crap that we never have to even think about that allows this thing to happen. Events are a pain in the arse to run (thus the reason I have NEVER wanted to run one).

Ya know, we're all getting a pretty sweet deal. We get a free place to stay in Key West for up to a week (depending on when you arrive), which is a HUGE savings... Hurricane and I just spent $350 for 3 days in the cheapest place we could find....

The view from the encampment area is completely awesome. I was standing there the other day and it's just beautiful.

We get to have fun and play pirate in the islands... I figure it doesn't get any better. If sleeping is a little cramped, I'll just find a good looking pirate to sleep on and be done with it :)

Edited by Goddess in the Bodice

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com