^, <, V

Pew

^ Gray

< Cheeks ye think like a woman!

V Hold on to things, or do you live light and let go? (good question)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It depends. If it has a great deal of sentimental value, it stays. If I get no use out of it and there is no sentiment attached, it goes.

< Also prefer to talk my way out of fights, but I have had to defend myself against physical attacks, unfortunately.

V Pass the question

RHJMap.jpg

^ :ph34r: Seeing that I think like a woman and that I have a woman's heart, I rather get attached to things easily. Good memories..it stays...and things that bring back neg. memories...they stay too...oddly enough?!

< :ph34r::lol::lol: - You are a queer little man, Captain. What a question to ask ME!

V Sweet or Salty! *( :lol::lol: - Ya, I can see where this is going...keep it clean people!)

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Sorry Cheeky, queer and little do not fit the bill in my regard...And what question might that have been that I asked?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Almond Joy (sweet tart doesn't constitute a candy bar now does it?)

< Never sure what Cheeks is askin.... sometimes I don't think she is either. :lol::lol: I never did ask her a question in the first place

V Do women confuse you? snigger

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Ah i am one and YES sniggering back

<marbled clay is wicked

V understand teh opposite sex, or just deal with them?

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

^ Have a rather fine grasp of same and opposit. Human beings in general are a task to deal with. :lol:

< Slept entirely too long....But feel SOOOOO much better.

V Prefer the company of your own sex or the opposit. ( Get your minds out of the gutter. ) :lol:

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

^I've spent so much time in ultra-macho environments I'm tired of it, and no longer have anything to prove. Anything 'men' can do to test themselves, I've pretty much already done, voluntarily or, most of the time, otherwise.

Given a choice I'll work around women. Leading me to...

> Having a rare chance to have my daughter by myself for several days, I am enjoying her company immensely. For instance, last night, I informed her we were going to the liquor store for beer, and I'd get her a soda and chips for being tolerant, and she said, "Well, Dad, why can't we just go to a bar?"

YEAH! THAT'S MY GIRL!

V What kind of plain (not flavored) potato chips do you most like?

Pauly caught a bullet

But it only hit his leg

Well it should have been a better shot

And got him in the head

They were all in love with dyin'

They were drinking from a fountain

That was pouring like an avalanche

Coming down the mountain

Butthole Surfers,

PEPPER

Posting the original comment from Captain Sterling....

< Cheeks ye think like a woman!

My Reply....

^ Seeing that I think like a woman and that I have a woman's heart, yes, I rather get attached to things easily. ....

Just thought it was an odd question for the Captain to ask...

^ Wise potoato chips (regional fav from the East Coast - can't get them here in WI!)

< I perfer them over any of the National Brands

V What's it doing weather-wise in your area?

Member of "The Forsaken"

Fireworks over the water somwhere..and a fyne drink.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Fire, water, and booze....sounds like a great combination, Red-Cat!

^ Cook-out, fireworks at the lake, and strawberry pie!

<Oooo! Why couldn't the 4th of July land on a Friday this year!!!?!?!?

V Color your hair or let it go...

Member of "The Forsaken"

^ wild and free and the only colouring it gets is at it changes from being in the sun

< ahhh teh joys and pains of being female in a "mans" world

V boots or barefeet?

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

^ Hmm...this one is a tough one! Depends on the boots, really. I use to have a lovely pair of 'Thigh-Highs' in the mid-90s with 3-1/2 inch heels which I wore when I went clubbing...of course that we some time ago.

Now that I am older, bare feet sound better all the time! :unsure:

< Hey...wait a min?!...I think my twin ended up with those boots?!?

V Sand or grass ---between your toes?

Member of "The Forsaken"

^ Sand..but will settle for grass as long as there are no ants :ph34r:

< Ahh I had a favorite pair of ankle height black leather boots! they were ruched with a bow at the side and zippered oh and they had a 3 inch heel...ahh yes Cheeky..the 8o's

V I always start out tryin t' keep th sand off the blacket/sand chair/lunch etc.. but after several hours I love to feel like jello from the sun and have salt in my hair and I just dont care if I'm sandy - long after the wimpy beachgoers have quit for the day.

Hate sand or don't mind to be sprinkled in it by the end of the beach day?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ I don't mind sand. Surfer Joe leaves a trail of it everywhere he goes.

< "My fingernails are filthy, I've got beach tar on my feet..."

V Do your standards of grooming and personal hygiene get somewhat lax in the summertime?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ Homemade chicken and noodles - with noodles also made from scratch. My grandma taught me how. Her first directions were, "First you kill a chicken..." I buy my chicken from the store!

< Years ago I got together with my mom, and we went through all her collection of family receipies, I transcribed them into the computer, then we printed out a cookbook for each of us and all my sisters. The title is the quote from my Grandmother, "First you kill a chicken." In the back is a brief geneology chart showing who the receipies came from and what side of the family.

V Interested in geneology/family history or do you figure "in the big picture" who is going to care?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ Fascinated by genealogy, but not just the names and dates. I'm interested in the social history of my ancestors, and trying to understand what their lives might have been like.

I did recently meet a British woman who professed to be totally uninterested in finding out about her ancestors. She seemed to think Family History research was a pointless and peculiarly North American obsession. I thought that showed a total lack of curiosity/imagination on her part.

< My Scottish side is great fun to research. They were so ill-behaved! Rowdy bloody pub-keepers amidst all the dour Presbyterians.

V Passing on the Q -- Are you interested in genealogy?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

/\ Aye, but the trail be mighty short when the name researched be Brown. Right next ta Smith and Jones it be.

< Preparin' ta join a fighter practise tonight. 1st time in 20 year. :lol:

\/ Pass the question\/

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ YES! Thanks to the 12 years of leg work by my Da and my Great Uncle Ted, there will be a book published called, "The McKinney Decendants of the Greater Northern New York Territory and New England Areas. I think the title is a bit wordy, but will be wonderful to see it in print!

< One of the better stories I've been told is during the battle of Bennington which was directly related to the battle of Saratoga in that Gen. Burgoyne sent his top Hessian Officer Col. Frederich Baum to forage for supplies for his troops at Saratoga the destination was Bennington Vermont where american forces lay in wait until they engaged them on the NY side of the border. John Knight (one of my decendants) described his part in the battle in his pension papers which included capturing a british field piece and turning it against them and actually killing Col Baum the commander of the force. John Knights daughter Olive married my Mother's Gr Gr Gr Grandfather.

V Passing on the Q -- Are you interested in genealogy and got a great story with it?

Member of "The Forsaken"

/\ Aye! I am and do! There's a family genealogy supposedly in print somewhere, but the general consensus amongst my mom's side of the family is, "What good are you if you can't remember it all on your own." sheesh.. i have a memory like a sieve, especially when trying to remember many, many, many names! (i never was good with names) x.x But most of the happenings in the family i can remember well, for some odd reason.

< I have a story about my great grampa from my dad's side of the family. He was a Cherokee man returning from the Civil War, he spied a lass working in a field and stopped his horse under the shade of a tree to watch how she worked. After all, he was in the market for a wife now that the war was over, and in Native American tradition, wanted a good, hardworking woman for a wife.

She was a Scottish indentured servant, and didn't particularly care for being gawked at by this be-feathered dandy sitting on his horse. The other servant girls were rather frightened of him because he was a 'savage', even though he was wearing his uniform. Nonetheless, they worked quickly through the field to get distance between them and my G.Grampa.

As soon as they had worked over the crest of the hill, leaving my G.Gramma by herself in the field, he jumped off his horse to go gather her up and flee with her. And this would be where she flattened him. He shook it off while her mouth unleashed white hot volleys of insults, questions of his intelligence, as well as demanding to know just who he thought himself to be acting like this. He grinned and threw her fighting and flailing over his shoulder, and made off to the horse. They were then off to cross the Red River as the hunters and their dogs sought them in the night. There's far more detail and events in the story than that, but i shortened for writing it here :ph34r:

\/ Passing along the Q, same as before!