movie quotes game

Fancy

"Give it a few months. You'll get used to it... or you'll have a psychotic episode."

"You here to make fun of me too?"

"No, ma'am. We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. May we come in?"

"Sure. "

"'Best of the best of the best, sir.' 'With honors.' Yeah, he's just really excited and he has no clue why we're here."

Mission, that's Men In Black. I love it when he slides the table over, making all that noise, then looks up and says, something like, "you want some 'a this?"

Fancy

A few quotes from another movie...

"Have you ever gotten the feeling that you aren't completely embarassed yet, but you glimpse tomorrow's embarrassment?"

"We live in a cynical world. A cynical world. And we work in a business of tough competitors. I love you. You... complete me."

and the one that'll give it away..

"Show me the money!"

Fancy

I'll guess here since I haven't seen the movie, Jerry Mcguire?

Here's one:

"I've got news for you, you ain't leader of but two things jack and shit. And jack just left town."

That one's easy. It's from (the very funny) Army of Darkness. (Bring on the sarcastic skeleton warriors!)

"I'm bad Ash. And you're good Ash. You're goodie little two shoes."

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures." :ph34r::ph34r:

Here's one from another flick with Bruce Campbell in it (this may be a tough one, but what the hey...):

"Where does he sleep and what does he eat for breakfast? Does he put jam on his toast or doesn't he put jam on his toast, and if not why not and since when?"

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

And Top Secret is a hilarious movie! Val Kilmer has never been dumber. :lol:

"I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a girl he met in a restaurant, who then turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to a childhood lover who she's last seen on a deserted island, and who turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French Underground."

"I know. It, it all sounds like some bad movie."

(Yes, it does. :lol: I loved Top Secret. Another movie with it's roots firmly established in WB cartoons.)

Top Secret is one of my favorite movies of all time! My best friend and my brother quote it constantly. When my brother joined the army I asked them if they handled grenades by yelling "Gren-ah-d!!" and tap dancing :lol:

Here's one from another flick with Bruce Campbell in it (this may be a tough one, but what the hey...):

"Where does he sleep and what does he eat for breakfast? Does he put jam on his toast or doesn't he put jam on his toast, and if not why not and since when?"

Fargo....????

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Close...right directors, wrong movie.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

And one that's just a great quote:

"Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the Exorcist about a hundred and sixty-seven times, and it keeps getting funnier every single time i see it... not to mention the fact that you're talking to a dead guy...NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified?"

Can't beleive no one ever got this one from last week! It's from Beetlejuice!

Here's one from a holiday favorite:

"Would you please, for the love of God, stop the G-- D--- hammering!"

A few quotes from another movie...

"Have you ever gotten the feeling that you aren't completely embarassed yet, but you glimpse tomorrow's embarrassment?"

"We live in a cynical world. A cynical world. And we work in a business of tough competitors. I love you. You... complete me."

and the one that'll give it away..

"Show me the money!"

my favorite line in that movie (after the 'you complete me' - which i sign to me first mate), is 'you had me at hello!'

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Well, my quote was from The Hudsucker Proxy. I don't know where the above quote is from.

Here's a couple from a fun movie:

"One, two, three, four, five, and six. Six, the perfect number."

"I thought three was the perfect number."

"There's six of you."

"Never have I seen so many men wasted so badly."

"Doc...Doc-tor. Can you keep me alive a few more minutes? I expect good news..."

"God is on our side because he hates the Yanks!"

"God is not on our side because he hates idiots."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Life of Brian (Which I actually liked better than the more widely quoted Holy Grail. At least it had an ending... Always look on the bright side of life! De dum, de dum de dum de dum.)

Yes, TGB&TU does have great lines, doesn't it? I like the premise postulated in the Dollars films (and in their inspiration - the Kurosawa samuri films) that the main characters are like gods who interact in the world of men only to amuse themselves on the way to achieving their personal goals.

There's a bit (actually two of them) that were almost certainly the inspiration for the part of POTC where they are reading off Sparrow's crimes and he smiles at one of them:

"Wanted in fifteen counties, standing before us, ah, sitting before us, Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez, has been found guilty by the District Circuit Court of the following crimes: murder, assaulting a Justice of the Peace, raping a virgin of the white race, statutory rape of a minor of the black race, derailing a train in order to rob the passengers, ... robbery, highway robbery, robbing an unknown number of post offices, breaking out of a ..., counterfeiting and passing counterfeit money, and the accused... promoting prostitution ...high places of authority... illegal postal pick up... intention of selling black fugitive slaves... the sheriff in Sonora... hired himself out as guide on a wagon train, after receiving his payment in advance, he deserted the wagon train in the hunting grounds of the Sioux Indians... misrepresenting himself as a Mexican general in order to receive a salary and living allowance from the Union Army..."

Now that I've gone on and on (and on and on), here's the new quote at the bottom (so no one can find it):

"Well, if you must know, it was because he was very jealous, and I had these days of the week underpants."

"Ehhhh. I'm sorry. I need the judges ruling on this. Days of the weeks underpants? "

"Yes. They had the days of the week on them, and I thought they were sort of funny. And then one day Sheldon says to me, 'You never wear Sunday.' It was all suspicious. Where was Sunday? Where had I left Sunday? And I told him, and he didn't believe me."

"What? "

"They don't make Sunday."

"Why not?"

"Because of God."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Is that from Mars Attacks? (I only saw it once... The thing I remember most about that movie was the old woman watching TV and saying, "The blew up congress!" And then laughing like crazy.)

Presuming I got it right (let me know if I didn't)...

This is from the American dubbed version. I guess that's a hint.

"Permission to execute! Permission to execute! Permission to execute! Do not spare him! Execute! Execute! Execute!"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Perhaps that is too hard. Let me add another quote from the movie that might make it easier:

"One can strike an enemy at 100 paces, even with bare hands. Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill and to bring peace to mankind."

Mission_banner5.JPG

It's a Jet Li movie, Hero I think.

I recently watched Evil Cult, which is a very good Jet Li movie, but has the worst translated subtitles I've ever seen.

And I leave you with a quote that fairly succinctly (in conjunction with the movie) sums up my life to date.

"It's yet another in a long series of diversions in an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Duchess

While that's an entertaining quote, I can't place it. I mustn't have seen the movie it's from. Jill?

Mission_banner5.JPG

While that's an entertaining quote, I can't place it. I mustn't have seen the movie it's from. Jill?

Would it help if I told you I'm in graduate school for the one science that explains all other hard sciences (as opposed to soft sciences, not easy ones)?

Duchess