POTC 2&3 Rumors, none verified

Charity

Get a grip yourself woman, and give a great big kiss to that racist-sexist arse of an old man 'o yours!...He's already explained to me how 'wenches' have no 'say so' in his litte world.

;) Aye! didn't see that this one applied to me afore! I mights be a bit sexist in a "Benny Hill" type a way...but whar did the "racist" label come from, I don'ts has a clue! & ta say that I says "women has no say in my little world" from just thee e- I sent! I doesn't know whar that came from either... Might be thee pain meds. :) Hope ye feel better Capt. Gary

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though my husband's tactics may be less than honorable, I'll speak up in his defense. :

I have to suppose the being married hoop'la come from the fact she stated she was the wife.

Just to clear that up for anyone.

As was requested, take it outside children. Use IM or emails but as difficult as it might be, ;) show the Flint a little respect and do what he asks.

We all know how everyone stands.

If you have a deep seeded need to discuss it further do it in private.

Besides, I think Merry ate ALL of what remained of the popcorn.

(Wench!) ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well, I must have been channeling the "bad" vortexes on my recent trip to Sedona. Sorry folks that it has taken me awhile to catch up on the "conversations".

Now let's get down to the basics of this topic. With a movie has exciting and dramatic as POTC, there are bound to be rumors, rumors and more rumors. Some may be true, some are as false as my bank account balance, and some are a mixed pot. This is spot to repeat rumors, however NONE are verified here.

Anytime I see a topic posted about casting calls for POTC 2&3, that post will be merged with this one. Those in the industry know who to contact and have the prerequiste background. The rest of us live vicariously through them. If you post about casting calls for POTC 2&3 in Pirate Pop, it will be taken as a rumor and rumors are NOT verifed in Pirate Pop.

This is a fun place for those of us obssessed with Pirate Pop Culture.

So avast you scallywags,

Black Hearted Pearl

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

So, this is the dream of everyone here i think.

I've done some amature stuff and know i can act so i dang surely could be an extra, if i had the right look and for some things..i might BUT..what happens when a foreigner is asked to come, you have to come over yourself right?

I mean pay?

There's some people here who say "Don't give up the dream, go for it, you never know" but i don't have a dime to go travelling to the USA..

So..who knows about this stuff, how such things go?

This is the reason why by the way, open castings..everyone is allowed to write, they're looking for any kind of extra's!

Open Casting for POTC

I SOOOO want to go for it and write, send pic etc. but...the dang money ;)

I am down to earth and am trying to tell friends i am on with right now, there's thousants of americans who want this, why would they go for foreign extra's?

And if, they will NOT pay for me to come over, come on.., look what they write: You may not be considered for extra roles when you live in other cities or countries

There are enough actors/extras in Los Angeles that can be used to fill our calls.

;)

*sigh*.

Any info would be great.

Marjon.

hero.jpg

So, this is the dream of everyone here i think.

NOT a dream of mine. I don't want to be an actor; I want to be a pirate.

As for the casting call...

Pirates:

The pirates that we cast to play Jack’s Crew and Barbosa’s Crew were extreme character types ages 18-50. They had very thin, lean builds, or were extremely skinny. Missing teeth, wandering eyes and serial killer looks are best with real long hair & beards. Wigs & makeup are not what we’re looking for.

Sounds like a few of the menfolk here would fit right in. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Hi, i could've asked in private but i thought if you cannot say anything you'll say so and if you can everyone can read it.

Someone just told me she'd read the new movies are coming out only Oktober 2006 and spring 2007.

Naturally that's shocking..so late, dear god..

I just wanted to ask you if you knew anything and are allowed to tell.

I guess not but one can ask :)

hero.jpg

Okay, so I'm not Bess, which means that all I know is what I've read in news stuff just like everybody else -- and am NOT an inside source. But with filming rumored to begin in January or February of next year (which was it, Bess?), the Summer 2006 release date sounds right. And that's what I've been hearing at every internet site and news bite that I've run across -- Summer of 2006 for the first one (October, granted, it FALL of 2006, but close enough) and Spring 2007.

That's actually "right down the road" in the movie world ... it never fails to amaze me how many years it can take to produce a two hour film ...

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2004-10-27

We're SURE he's not going to be in this, right????? *tries not to groan*

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

Bess would know if this is true or just another rumour. I honestly don't know why Johnny based his character on Keith anyway. The guy is so freakin' fried! He makes no sense when he talks, he's a mess! Worse than Jack Sparrow. Keith wishes he could be more like Jack or that good looking!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Bess would know if this is true or just another rumour. I honestly don't know why Johnny based his character on Keith anyway. The guy is so freakin' fried! He makes no sense when he talks, he's a mess! Worse than Jack Sparrow. Keith wishes he could be more like Jack or that good looking!

EXACTLY what worries me. If Johnny based Jack on Keith Richards, fine -- 'cause wherever he got the inspiration from, it doesn't matter; Jack Sparrow is a brilliant character, so all's well there.

But that DOESN'T mean I like the idea of Keith Richards in PotC 2&3 ... Richards is just so completely and utterly fried; I can hardly understand what he's saying half the time when he gives interviews and so on -- I don't want to spend two films trying to make out what he's saying. I love the Stones ... but come ON, people; they're musicians, not actors.

Please, please, please, dear God, let this be another rumor ...

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

Oh, please please please let them all be wrong ... :rolleyes:

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

I've heard this, too. Despite Bess telling us that it's not true... I VERY confused. :rolleyes:

Doesn't bother me none if he's in it or not.

Heard Catherine Zeta-Jones wanted a speaking part in it as well.

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well ... rumors can be just rumors. Ewan MacGregor was going to be in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for a LONG long time, but it never actually happened. And there's loads of other examples -- casting rumors, even reported in the news, often don't turn out to be true.

Please please please let this be one of those times ... :rolleyes:

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

Oh, please please please let them all be wrong ... 

I feel precisely the same, cool rockstar or not, to me he's a creepy old drunk (sorry fans, no offense..just my feelings..).

I have to say though, those links proof nothing.

They're the same kind of rumours that have been printed again and again, gimme Gore, Jerry or even Bess telling me, THEN i will believe it.

hero.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Fer what it be worth....

From: http://www.killermovies.com/p/piratesofthe...icles/3409.html

Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 Working Title Revealed?

[Friday, December 12th, 2003]

Cinescape have received word from a scooper who claims to know the working title for Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

"I can't give you my name. I can tell you this, I just saw some composite artwork for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: TREASURES OF THE LOST ABYSS I'm not sure if that's just the working title or not."

"The Lost 'ABYSS' is in references to the first pirate ship that sailed in the caribbean," explains the spy. "Sorry, that's all I know at this time. I have no information about the script. Disney had a rep here with the artwork. Very hush hush!"

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

LOL that's cruel...

I don't know, maybe Bess is trying to keep us in the dark, because she's told to?

I cannot believe it though, then again maybe things changed since she last spoke to us.

All i can say is Title..don't care..Keith DEAR GOD NO! B)

hero.jpg

Fer what it be worth....

From: http://www.killermovies.com/p/piratesofthe...icles/3409.html

Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 Working Title Revealed?

[Friday, December 12th, 2003]

Cinescape have received word from a scooper who claims to know the working title for Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

"I can't give you my name. I can tell you this, I just saw some composite artwork for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: TREASURES OF THE LOST ABYSS I'm not sure if that's just the working title or not."

"The Lost 'ABYSS' is in references to the first pirate ship that sailed in the caribbean," explains the spy. "Sorry, that's all I know at this time. I have no information about the script. Disney had a rep here with the artwork. Very hush hush!"

FWIW, thats the oldest rumor on the circuit, true or not.........And then sometimes Real Life kicks in hard and makes online play difficult for some such as 'Bess.........

B)

Me neither capt. Grey, i'll trust only her word on it.

There's só many articles, and when it comes down to it, such articles usually have the same origine wich may just be a rumour.

Aye, Bess has been gone a long time :ph34r:

hero.jpg

LOL that's cruel...

I don't know, maybe Bess is trying to keep us in the dark, because she's told to?

I cannot believe it though, then again maybe things changed since she last spoke to us.

All i can say is Title..don't care..Keith DEAR GOD NO! ^_^

No... not trying to keep you in the dark. Been dealing with real life.

I have no way of knowing all the questions but the ones sent to me by some folks here abouts in emails.

Be advised I CANNOT and WILL not talk about things that cannot be discussed. Besides... why would you want the movie ruined for yer selves?? I know a good deal and can only talk about a tiny fraction.

That said:

Filming begins in mid Feb

There are sets being built now here on the lot. HUGE sets.

I cannot tell you the title.

Kieth Richards is not under contract so I'd still say no.

Barbossa will be back. (As if they could make it without him)

What did I miss?

Nice to see that you all still play fair. (chuckle) ^_^

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif