POTC 2&3 Rumors, none verified

Charity

Alex Norton lands pirate film role

posted by Jas, 01/28/05

The Daily Record reports that Taggart star Alex Norton has signed on to Pirates of the Caribbean sequels as Captain Bellamy

--------------------------

Taggart star Alex Norton is swapping 'murdurrr' in Maryhill for adventure with Johnny Depp in the Pirates Of The Caribbean sequel. The 55-year-old actor has landed a high-profile part, playing Edinburgh sea captain Sam Bellamy, in the £300million follow-up to the blockbuster. But despite securing the biggest role of his acting career, Alex says he'll be back behind his desk in Maryhill as DCI Matt Burke after filming with Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom, which starts next month.

Speaking from his trailer on the Taggart set in Glasgow, Alex said: 'It's safe to say this is about as big as it gets. 'I've only just heard that I got the part of Captain Bellamy. I'm really excited.' Alex, who has starred in Hollywood hits Braveheart, Patriot Games and White Hunter Black Heart, as well as Local Hero and Gregory's Girl,said:'I start filming in Los Angeles next month. 'We then head out to the Caribbean island of St Vincent in June and July. 'But there's no question of this being the end of Taggart for me.' He said his sons Jock, Rory and Jamie are huge fans of the original Pirates blockbuster and are thrilled at his new film role. -- Paul English

I just realised something, just putting two and two together, Jerry is known to have said that POTC2 would be the last "Attraction based" movie.

I may be wrong but that to me means the third will not have cursed pirates..

Bess said a few days back (THANK YOU ^_^ I'm happy to know he's atleast in POTC 3) that Barbossa is well written into POTC3...

I won't say more, make up yer own minds everyone :)

Maybe things have changed and 3 will still be about cursed pirates afterall but i hope it won't be ^_^

hero.jpg

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, it was only after that the we figured out that the curse may be eternal or something and there's an alternate 1985 running parallel to this 1985 and...OK, I'll stop. ^_^ (Sorry, Bess. Couldn't resist, mate.) ^_^

(shrug) Not a problem mate.

You can spit on my undead grave too if you like. ^_^

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

You can spit on my undead grave too if you like.   ;)

Nah, I like you fine, Bess so I wouldn't dare. ;) So you have an undead grave? I suppose it's more like an apartment than a final resting place if you're undead...

We were doing a haunted house a couple of years ago and brainstorming about how to advertise it. Someone came up with the idea of painting, "If you lived here, you'd already be dead by now!" on the side of the place. Fortunately that got rejected...

I hope they don't write the undead pirates out of the movies. It'd be one less reason for me to see it. ;) I seriously doubt they'd do that, however. The CG was a really big selling point for the first movie. It was the first thing I saw in regard to the movie (several photos of Barbarossa coming into the moonlight. I think it was in USA Today - The Nation's Four Color Weathermap.)

LOL, I've had precisely the same discussion. The first time i saw the extra bit at the end i though of Bootstrap, but then, i feel it's very much to be expected..imo.

Somehow it seems logical, to me atleast LOL.

I think that's the first time we've agreed on something here Charity! ;)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

You can spit on my undead grave too if you like.   <_<

Nah, I like you fine, Bess so I wouldn't dare. :blink: So you have an undead grave? I suppose it's more like an apartment than a final resting place if you're undead...

As a matter of fact, as anyone that has been in it will tell you,...

It's my office. :blink:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

<_<

I always wondered how I would furnish my grave if I were undead. "Look, a staple-remover!"

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oh, that's right, Disney...

"Look, Mickey Mouse ears!"

"Brains!"

"And an unused staple puller!"

"Brains!"

<_<

(I'm never quite sure whether you're serious or you have an even drier sense of humor than I do, Bess.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Nah, Bess don't need no sissy staple-remover. She just grabs one o'them skeleton hands she has lyin' around and uses the finger bone t'pry it off. ;)

YOU PEEKED!!!! ;)

;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I'm listening to the sound recording of the meeting right now,

it's legitimate :)

This is so great, finally some news about what we can expect WOOHOOO :huh:

And again they are saying everybody is back and knowing what Bess said they are trying to schedule our "Capt. Barbossa"in, i am getting a little more hope..i know they're doing their best, that's all you can ask..

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (2006)

hero.jpg

Nah, Bess don't need no sissy staple-remover. She just grabs one o'them skeleton hands she has lyin' around and uses the finger bone t'pry it off.  :lol:

YOU PEEKED!!!! :huh:

:lol:

Nay lass, I was there when ye did it. :lol:

sam_office1.jpg

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

After the whole Keith Richards fiasco (he's in the movie, he's not in the movie, he's in the movie....) I won't take any rumor as fact. But this has started popping up on several legit news sources:

----------------

Next 'Pirates' film plot revealed

Thursday, February 3 2005, 11:48 GMT -- by Daniel Saney

The storyline of the next Pirates Of The Caribbean movie was revealed earlier this week.

The storyline of the next movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, was described by Walt Disney Chairman Dick Cook. He announced: "This time around, Johnny (Depp) returns as Captain Jack Sparrow and is caught in yet another tangled web of supernatural intrigue. It turns out Captain Jack owes a blood debt to the legendary Davey Jones, ruler of the ocean depths and captain of the ghostly Flying Dutchman.

"If Jack can't figure a crafty way out of this one, he'll be cursed to an afterlife of eternal servitude and damnation. And as if that weren't enough, Captain Jack's problems throw a huge wrench into the wedding plans of the blissful Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley), who quickly find themselves thrust into Jack's misadventures."

Dead Man's Chest should be released next summer, with the third film following a year later.

-----------------------------

So what I want to know is what on earth was Jack Sparrow doing getting into a blood debt with one of the Monkees?

I AM BILGEMUNKY

:lol:

Actually, as it turns out, Jack is Barbossa's monkey's middle name. His real name is David "Jack" Jones, ruler of the ocean etc. etc. and Jack owes him (or possibly her - have to ask casting) a ship too.

They do smell money on this, don't they? If the chairman of Disney is running around revealing secret plot info a year and a half out, that's a pretty good sign that dollar signs are floating around people's heads.

Oboy. If that's true, we all get to refute the incorrect, fan-generated questions about Davey Jones (a term no one really knows the origin of) and his (or possibly her) ties to the Flying Dutchman. It'll be a nice change from refuting all the fan-generated questions about the real universal pirates code. :lol:

(BTW, Bilgemonkey, this will probably get put in the rumors thread. They're trying to confine all the rumor and prescient posts to one thread.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

(BTW, Bilgemonkey, this will probably get put in the rumors thread. They're trying to confine all the rumor and prescient posts to one thread.)

I'm sure they'll do what they think best, although when a thread reaches its 15th page, I think it becomes rather unwieldy. But that's just me.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Actually, though, if that's the real skeleton :lol: of the plot of the new movie, it's a pretty good route to take. It respects the story from the first movie and may give them a reason to bring back Barbarossa and crew. The only challenge I can see is to dance lightly around the topic of hellfire and damnation. Disney wants this movie to appeal to kids and adults alike. But Terry and Ted did such a nice job in the first movie toying with the undead, they will no doubt pull it off.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but I thought they were suggesting that Jack will be more than cursed to walk the earth as the undead, he'll be in a domain ruled by a demon who for some reason has chosen to make the Flying Dutchman his home. Hmm. It does sound awfully familiar when you read it the way you're all talking, doesn't it?

Still, I don't see the whole Cortez curse as being eternally damned, nor being in hell, Koehler's comments in POTC notwithstanding. If you can undo it, you're not really eternally damned, are you? So, if this alleged rumor is true, and if it doesn't change between now and a year and a half from now, I take the threat as being more "serious" than what was played out in POTC.

I must have completely different views on the "living" status of the undead than everyone else. :ph34r: Perhaps I'm more grounded in the original Romero concept of being undead than some of the other people on the board. (I even read the book Dawn of the Dead. It's this weird, little orange book...anyhow.) Romero's undead, while not exactly lucid, were still not really dead. This is my starting point. It is more like a disease with a cure than eternal damnation...

Mission_banner5.JPG