POTC 2&3 Rumors, none verified

Charity

Aye, Captain Gary. I miss our Bess. ^_^

I ain't belivin' nothin' 'till Bess be back t'tell us what be true and what ain't. :)

How 'mdoing lass? ^_^

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No... not trying to keep you in the dark. Been dealing with real life.

I have no way of knowing all the questions but the ones sent to me by some folks here abouts in emails

Be advised I CANNOT and WILL not talk about things that cannot be discussed. Besides... why would you want the movie ruined for yer selves?? I know a good deal and can only talk about a tiny fraction.

Hi Bess :)

That's precisely what i mean to say (I seem to have a way to explain myself wrongly ^_^ ), i meant IF you said something and it changed and you hadn't told us, that would be because you are not allowed to :)

We don't want you to get in trouble again ^_^

It's always good to hear (again) our Barbossa is back he and Jack are each others..dare i say muse? ^_^

All the best for "real life" in 2005 and thanks for telling us what you cán :)

hero.jpg

AHOY BESS! :lol:

Glad t'see ye back, lass. I bin thinkin' bout ye a lot over t'holidays.

And avast t'all ye rumor-mongers! Afore this internet us swabbies had t'wait patiently fer a movie without all this speculatin'. In 1980 we had t'wait fer 3 YEARS afore we found out what the fate o'Captain Solo in the Star Wars film be!

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Ahoy, Iron Bess-Tis Roger the Red of the PRP- Hope Yer Picture's Improvin'- Don't Know What Ye've Shared Here, So I Best Not Write about...Huh-Wha...GET OFF ME YA LOUTS ( Sounds of a Struggle as RtR is Dragged off for Torture by the Disney Secret Police) -Himself ;)

"For I have dipped My Hands in Muddy Waters, and Must a Pirate be- A short but Merry Life shall be My Motto!"- Bartholomew Roberts

Ahoy, Iron Bess-Tis Roger the Red of the PRP- Hope Yer Picture's Improvin'- Don't Know What Ye've Shared Here, So I Best Not Write about...Huh-Wha...GET OFF ME YA LOUTS ( Sounds of a Struggle as RtR is Dragged off for Torture by the Disney Secret Police) -Himself ;)

ROTDLMBAO!!!!!! ;)

Ahoy shipmate... so glad you've been marooned here!

Here's to us! :lol: (and the whole bloom'n crew!) :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The first link you gave wants us to enter username/password.

But whatever... I'm not suprised. Not that I've been following any of the PotC banter here on the Forum, but I can take a guess as to the theory. Bootstrap was cursed when they sent him to his watery grave, and thus he never died, but instead took a very long and wet walk back to shore.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I suggested that Bootstrap was alive all along on another forum before we were even positively sure that there was going to be a sequel and was roundly chastised. They told me he had been sent to the "crushing" deep and was therefore crushed when he sunk. Living well is the best revenge... :rolleyes:

Not having trucked in the rumor department nor payed much attention to the POTC 2 & 3 info before I made landfall on this site, I am curious about something. Do we know for a fact that the next two movies are sequels and not prequels? Bringing Barbarossa back for a prequel would make so much more sense then trying to figure out a way of bringing him back from the dead. Plus it would explain why they're angling for a Chinese pirate ("Clearly you've never been to Singapore.")

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

HUH..i'm lost here..what is it you mean?

Anyway, more news on the matter:

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8090

They now say Barbossa comes only in POTC3, i say rumours and keep hoping..

I hópe it's just rumours.. :rolleyes:

Nobody ever takes me seriously. (sigh)

I told everyone last year that Rush had a serious filming conflict with scheduling. They are going to TRY and get him in at the END of the second film (not looking good at this point) but he is well written into the third film. (A wee bit of foot tapping here)

Kids!!

They never listen! :rolleyes:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Not having trucked in the rumor department nor payed much attention to the POTC 2 & 3 info before I made landfall on this site, I am curious about something. Do we know for a fact that the next two movies are sequels and not prequels?

No, they are sequels. (...to be contuinued!) :rolleyes:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Nobody ever takes me seriously. (sigh)

I told everyone last year that Rush had a serious filming conflict with scheduling. They are going to TRY and get him in at the END of the second film (not looking good at this point) but he is well written into the third film. (A wee bit of foot tapping here)

Kids!!

They never listen! laugh.gif

Oh yes they do, this "kid" has been telling everyone who had doubts i believed what you said, but you yourself also said things can change..

It's very very sad he won't be there :rolleyes: *depressed BarbossaFan* :rolleyes:

I'm not over reacting..after all that's happened the last one and half to two years, esp. loosing my mum, POTC and Geoffrey/Barbossa kept me going and i was looking so much forward it, and him coming back..this is a HUGE disapointment!

Heck, him returning in 2&3 keeps me going!

I'm still going to love seing POTC and i'm glad he's coming back at all, but i hope he'll be back, even for a short while in 2.

hero.jpg

I too always held out there was hope for Bootstrap...(and rec'd much chiding fer my belief).

That's why in the Portland, Oregon version of the POTC Interactive script we always yell "Go Find Bootstrap Monkey" after the credits and during the monkey scene.

My theory is that the monkey finds Bootstrap, and adopts him as he no longer has a master since Barbossa is dead.

Poor Monkey all alone!

The little sneak is likely to announce Bootstrap to just the wrong people at the wrong time!

Just me foolish theory Buckos! If'n I was telling the story.

Bootstrap and Barbossa could still just turn up in flashbaccks or dream sequences and not in real time, as it were.

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

I finally read a comment by Geoffery Rush about the not-so-nice monkey. Someone asked if there was anyone difficult to work with on PotC and he said the monkey and laughed like it was a joke.

But after hearing what Bess said about the creature, I hope it doesn't return; sounds like the owner/trainer needs to be investigated for animal cruelty. :P

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Oh yes they do, this "kid" has been telling everyone who had doubts i believed what you said, but you yourself also said things can change..

Charity, lass, you're killing me. Ye keep posting a new thread everytime ye read something on the internet about the POTC sequels. All these belong in the rumor thread, because in the end....as you yourself point out.....nothing is fact until the movie is released.

In fact, ye yourself have repeated rumors already posted on this forum once before and shot down by our beloved s0urc3, Iron Bess.

Lass, not everything you read is silver and gold.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

You are totally right, but, we were discussing on and off the Crossing Blades forum that it's driving us all nut to hear yes no maybe maybe not this and that etc etc, and there's no better way to find out if there's any truth to anything then putting it down here before Bess. :P

hero.jpg

there's no better way to find out if there's any truth to anything then putting it down here before Bess. :P

ROTDLMBAO!!!

Jeeeeze!!

You make me sound like a rumor Goddess!! :P

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

OK Just wanted to interject my two cents.

What makes a movie great is a great villain. Just look at Star Wars. It wouldn't have been the same without Darth Vader. And look at every animated disney movie every made. The villain steals the show. The bad guy gives the good guy purpose and a greater challenge to overcome thereby enhancing the story.

Barbossa created all of these things. But I do not favor bringing him back. The good guy beat the bad guy. Therefore the above mentioned challenge was met and won. Bringing back the same villain will not create the same challenge as he was already beaten once. He is therefore weakened to some extent.

This is also why the James Bond movies have lasted so long. Always a new villain and new challenge. Brand new story with each not the same good guy and bad guy with the same grudges fighting over the same thing.

I know by now all the Barbossa fans are ready to beat me with sticks but I just wanted to throw this out there. Feel free to disagree with me. I won't take it personally or anything.

And I am very much looking forward to the next two POTC movies.

You can't win, JoeJacks. Here there be Barbossa fans.

I completely agree with you, however, it won't do us any good. I sort of made a similar point somewhere on this forum and was roundly chastised for it.

The studio is apparently too chicken to go out on a limb and expand the series' milieu. Typical big studio sequel-itis: bring back everyone we saw before doing all the things we like seeing them doing and we'll all feel good again and stuff the studio coffers. The movie series' that last beyond one or two sequels usually move along. You know, like the incomparable Jason Voorheis series. :P

Thanks for the verified info, Bess! :P

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well, can't resist my two cents here.

I understand the excitement about the upcoming sequels... I can't wait to see them. But do I want to ponderously go over scenarios to the point where the whole plot is spoiled? No! No point in going to the movie then, is there?

Even a script can take multiple turns in editing. And many a plot has changed because of editing scenes in and out of a movie. Why, whole endings have been changed and subplots added or deleted. That's why you see director's cuts eventually.

I'm letting the writers and director take their course. I'm sure it will be a grand adventure no matter what. And I agree... why keep bringing back the same villian that was vanquished in the first episode? Where's the challenge for the lead character... he's already bested the bad guy.

It only worked for Darth Vader because he was omnipotent until the final installment. But bringing back Barbossa would like bringing Dog Brown back in Cutthroat Island II after he was blasted apart by a cannonball. Hardly a creative direction for a good writer to take. Way too formula.

I truly loved Rush's character (so don't bash me Barbossa fans, I'm there with ya) But it's Depp's work along with Keira and Orlando that would make me return to the next installments... It's the chemistry between them that was magnificent to watch.

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Well, if anyone is interested in MY two cents.... (Ahem)

I think it's a disservice to keep posting things about the story line or film. Yes, yes I recognize that some folks live, eat breath and sleep this stuff but there are MANY out there that do NOT want to know details, story line surprises or other things.

Why ruin it for so many by shouting out *BOOTSTRAP IS ALIVE!*??

It's a shame because it ruins an otherwise wonderful moment that they would have had in the theatre. If folks wish to surf the net and search and search this stuff out more power to them. However...

From now on you might wish to consider not posting the news in your title and adding the header *SPOILERS* so people who do NOT want to know the story information can save themselves from a ruined event.

Okay, maybe that was 3 cents. I just watch all these people working so endlessly to make this a wonderful set of films... I hate to see the intended surprises disabled from story leaks.

Have some consideration for their hard work. :P

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif