POTC 2&3 Rumors, none verified

Charity

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear that they're going to cast a complete unknown and kill off the character of Will Turner!

Said unknown is skilled in pyracy and goes by the name of John Young. Interesting. Right there in um... Entertainment Weekly. :D

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Well.. that's all very nice but as I've said COUNTLESS times....

Casting says no...NO... he's not starring in any of the films.  :lol:

So is this article lying than? :lol:

Just in case that piece of knowledge isn’t satisfying enough, it’s been confirmed that Disney has recruited Richards to appear in the sequels to the film in more than just spirit.

The Rolling Stones guitarist and sometimes vocalist has signed up to play Jack Sparrow’s father, er, Mr. Sparrow. Richards has reportedly already been for a costume fitting for the upcoming ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Treasures of the Lost Abyss’. Not only will the 60-year-old act in the second instalment of ‘Pirates’, but he’s also set to return for the third movie.

http://soulshine.ca/news/newsarticle.php?nid=1238

The news is everywhere. How can it not be true?

davyjones.gif

I am a huge, huge Rolling Stones fan ... but I am very happy to hear that the rumor of Keith Richards appearing in the next two movies is just that, a rumor. Something about the idea just doesn't work for me ... maybe it's because Richards isn't an actor but a musician (not that that stops most musicians from attempting to make feature film debuts), maybe it's because I have such trouble understanding Richards's slurred speech in interviews these days that I feel it would detract from the film ... I dunno. I love the Rolling Stones, and I love that the inspiration for our Captain Sparrow came from a Rolling Stones musician ... but let's just leave it at that, alright.

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Ahoy me Lovelys & Buckos,

Although I knows who be casting Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3...

I can'ts tell ye! & even if'en ye finds out on yer own, don't be botherin' them wit phone, e-mail or snail mail submissions...Er they wills blacklist ye from the movies! Yet... All hope is not lost! Fer they wills be havin' a "Cattle Call" (that be, an open casting call, they be figurin' out a place ta haves it... So if'en ye knows a place rounds about a 25 mile radius of Hollywood, Calif. that could easily accomadate a few thousand people wit parking available that they can use... Sends me an e-mail if'en ye will). & to All me Good Mateys here ats thee Pub, Thee first words I gets on thee "Cattle Call", I promise I be postin' here fer ye!

Fare Thee Well, Capt. Dog

I just spoke to casting....

There will be NO open casting calls at ANY time for Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3.

Sorry mates, but it's nothing but another Rumor.

There is NO open casting call. :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Aye Bess, Not ta be sayin' ye be a silver tongued devil... Fer ye may have heard different... But I tell ye, I be No rumor fabricator! I heared it wit me own two ears from casting... I don't knows what casting ye be speakin' of. So me statement & querry stand. Let time be thee teller! Capt. Dog

Aye Bess, Not ta be sayin' ye be a silver tongued devil... Fer ye may have heard different... But I tell ye, I be No rumor fabricator! I heared it wit me own two ears from casting... I don't knows what casting ye be speakin' of. So me statement & querry stand. Let time be thee teller! Capt. Dog

Be they silver tongued or no....

I just spoke to the head of casting for Pirates of the Caribbean, here on the Disney lot, in a Disney building, over a Disney phone.

I was told there is no open casting planned whatsoever for Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3. None.

Old cast members will be returning and speaking and specialty parts are being privately cast.

Stand as you will mate. From the head of Pirates casting there is NO open casting call.

Are you sure you have the right flick? there is a knock off in the works you know which they are in the process of squelching.

:huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Nay Christine. I be speakin' of thee Casting company hired fer POTC 2 & 3.

Not everything be done at Disney. Matter of Factly, much of POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl were shot at Universal Studios lot. This be all thee time I has ta spend on this here discussion... I did not post ta argue but as a favour to me Mates at thee Pub.

As I says, It be what I heared, so let that be that & Let Time Be Thee Teller!

Fare Thee Well Mates, Captain Scurvy F. Dog

Mayhaps all is not done at Disney... but for a Disney film nothing and I mean nothing is done without consent or knowledge. Yes, they are that cheap.

And who would know better if a call was planned then the head of casting for the film itself?

If an outside company is used, and they often are.... they are still under the direction of the Studio Film company. They do as they are asked to do. And who, I would think, would be able to supply their own location for casting. Any reputable comapny already has this information and wouldn't need to go looking. Most especially if they were involved before.

Just like other rumors, they die slow deaths.... :huh:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I believe ya both.

Though I have heard of some casting agencies getting wrong info or whatever. Plus heard of some of them over the summer with some lawsuits & such.

I can see how Bess can be right with getting the original Actors & Actresses back. Though.. some of us wish we could be in the sequels.. just wasn't meant to be.. :: raises hand:: like myself. I've just horrible luck.. always missing the band wagon on everything.

Even when I hoped to be in this when I could go for the local lay of Treasure Island cause I had seriously hurt myself back in December. :: Shrugs::

I'm resigned to be paitent & eagerly await for the release of the sequels. I'm sure those caled back will have LOTS of fun.. & I will keep them all in my prayers that all goes well & smoothly for everyone working on PotC 2 & 3.

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I know not of what ye say...I has never disgraced yer ship, Matter of factly I holds her in high regards & were not "flaming", eh! (If'en I comprehends the meanin' of thee word, basically a lie, correct?)

If'en we were all in a real pub, talkin' eye ta eye, the insinuations would not come as easily... fer ye would be able ta look me in thee eye & tell I be truthful. I will e-mail ye thee casting office # so ye yerself can call, Captain Gary. But mark me words mates, I will think hard before I post fer such again.

*Sits back on the couch, munching on a big ol' bucket o' popcorn*

;)

Hey....

Pass that bucket along mate.... pass it along. ;) (chomp chomp)

;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

* sits down next to Bess and MacNamara*

That's the idea, mates. Ringside seats for "Internet Pirate Tennis."

Whose serve[r]? HA! (That's an internet joke!)

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I know not of what ye say...I has never disgraced yer ship, Matter of factly I holds her in high regards & were not "flaming", eh! (If'en I comprehends the meanin' of thee word, basically a lie, correct?)

If'en we were all in a real pub, talkin' eye ta eye, the insinuations would not come as easily... fer ye would be able ta look me in thee eye & tell I be truthful. I will e-mail ye thee casting office # so ye yerself can call, Captain Gary. But mark me words mates, I will think hard before I post fer such again.

I'm simply referrin' to 'accepted' conduct on internet forums, as they aren't 'real', and feelings are usually a consideration in cyberland..

Flaming is simply the act of aggrevating discourse with intent to rile or degrade as opposed to more civil conversation. nothin' to do with 'lies' or whatever... never implied that 'you' ever said a word in regards to the Royaliste, just pointing out that others have and we frankly don't give a hoot in the overall scheme of things...Toooo much paranoia floatin' around here.......now, I'll be havin' some 'o that popcorn me damn self!

now, I'll be havin' some 'o that popcorn me damn self!

(blows in MacNamara ear and he lets go the bucket o'popped corn..)

Here ya go Cap't... most of the butter is still on top. ;)

;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif