POTC 2&3 Rumors, none verified

Charity

Not to keep harping on a point...ok, I am still harping on a point. What can I say - things are slow. Over the last few weeks I've been occasionally watching bits of the film with the writer's voiceover on.

Anyhow...I finally got to the part where the curse is lifted. Both Ted and Terry say that Barbossa is killed because the bullet is lodged in his heart when the curse is lifted. Well, Ted says it, then repeats it and Terry agrees with him. So when they go to bring Barbossa back in the sequels, they should dance some pretty intricate moves around that point - because they said it themselves.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Nighy set to walk the plank with Johnny Depp...

Love Actually star Bill Nighy has landed a role opposite

Johnny Depp in the two sequals to hit blockbuster Pirates

Of The Caribbean. Bill joked:

'I've never quite seen myself as a swashbuckler. I've never

buckled my swash or had any great compulsion to do it,

but I'll give it a shot.'

Johnny Depp - Captain Jack Sparrow

Keira Knightley - Elizabeth Swann

Orlando Bloom - William Turner

Geoffery Rush - Captain Barbossa

Keith Richards - Captain Jack Sparrow's father

Bill Nighy - Bootstrap Bill? <--- not sure if that is his part yet

And the cast will grow.... :)

sigpotc0050os.gif

~ ~ ~A wise man once said..... I don't know, ask a girl."~ ~ ~

Of The Caribbean. Bill joked:

'I've never quite seen myself as a swashbuckler. I've never

buckled my swash or had any great compulsion to do it,

but I'll give it a shot.'

;) posted by iron bess

[be that as it may.... the writers say no, no Kieth RIchards and they are not WANTING to use Kieth Richards so (Shrug) I guess the world will have to go on guessing.

Personally, I could care less.]

i think there's a conflict here. i still got a kick out of johnny depp saying that he developed his swagger by imitating keith richards, or words to that effect. :huh:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Um...out of politeness for those who don't want to know...you should really leave info about the upcoming movie out of the title. You should also put *Spoiler* or *potential spoiler* somewhere in your title.

For an example, see POTC 2&3 Rumors, none verified - where this very bit of info has actually already been discussed at least twice. :huh:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

sorry i didn't know a cast list was a spoiler, but okay i guess i see.....

I didn't think this information was discussed because i found it a few days ago in my local newspaper and it said nothing about the list being a rumor or anything... so i am pretty sure this information is verified or else they couldn't have printed it that way in a newspaper.

again...sorry if i spoiled anything for anyone!

sigpotc0050os.gif

PirateXPrincess, Iron Bess works at the Disney studio and lets us know what she can, when she can. Newspapers are not always correct.

Your cast list is a potential spoiler because it includes the name of a character thought to be dead. That can ruin the movie for some people.

The Keith Richards rumor has been going on for over a year now. No one wants to let it go. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Bootsrap Bill is being played by Stellan Skargard . Check out the official IMDB listing

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383574/

However, Bill Nighy will be in Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy as Slartibartfast

www.hitchhichkers.movies.go.com

Whoever saw him in Love Actually knows he's perfect for the part!

Hint. If you like Alan Rickman click on Marvin the Robot. :lol:

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

ok well i guess no one will really know for sure whats going on until the movie comes out....sorry for bringing up the whole keith richards thing again.....i'll act like a lady now and drop it! ;) i guess you can't trust anything that you hear or see anymore these days.....so i think the best thing now is just to wait it out... (sigh) Only 107 more days!

sigpotc0050os.gif

(sigh) Only 107 more days!

Until what?

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Article (Link provided by LaughingPlace Disney news letter), Orlando talks sequels.

Bloom Talks Pirates Sequels, Bond

Swashbuckling, stirred martinis and more.

April 07, 2005 - IGN FilmForce was on hand today at the press day for the upcoming Ridley Scott film Kingdom of Heaven, which opens May 6th. The film is the first major starring vehicle for Orlando Bloom and IGN FilmForce spoke to him today about that film as well as the rumors of Young James Bond and the current production of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3. Stay tuned to IGN FilmForce in the coming weeks as we will also have an exclusive one on one interview with Bloom with even more info on all of these projects.

The recent internet rumors of a Young James Bond film and of Orlando Bloom being up for that role are apparently news to him. "I'm not doing Young James Bond. No, no, no. It's funny, my cousin called me up, he said, 'Is there something you're not telling me? That you're playing James Bond? I just saw it on CNN.' I was like, 'Dude, my manager, my agent have never mentioned it to me, so not to date. Young or old, it had never been mentioned to me, so you know, I don't know where that came from but I can tell you that I've never heard a whiff of it, not a whiff."

Bloom is currently in production on the two highly anticipated Pirates of the Caribbean sequels. "As you know, Johnny's the pirate to end all pirates. So Will is the straight man. He's the straight man who moves the story forward as he did in the first movie and he continues that. Obviously he becomes more of the pirate but, nevertheless, piracy isn't in his blood in the same sense that it is for Jack Sparrow. It's gonna develop. The third movie, I still haven't read the script, but I know there are plans to sort of darken Will up a little and make him a little bit more questionable and that will then resolve themselves. I love the character…"

-Disney Pictures

Depp (left) and Bloom (right) in Pirates

So far they are only shooting the second film, but the third one will soon be worked in as well. "Well, we just started shooting. We're about four weeks into shooting. I just came back from the Caribbean for this, but we're gonna shoot the second movie and a little bit of the third movie just because of the locations, and then we're going to be shooting the third movie."

Rumors persist that Keith Richards may enter the series as one of the Pirates, possibly as Jack Sparrow's father. Bloom won't confirm but also doesn't deny. "You know, I've heard the rumors as well as you have. I think if he makes an appearance, it will be probably in the third movie."

Again, stay tuned to FilmForce for more on these projects in our upcoming exclusive with Orlando Bloom!

-- Jeff Otto

hero.jpg

• 2 years later...

I adore all 3 of them.

Now rumors be running abound of a 4th in the works. :angry:

Granted I'd like to see a 4th film, too. But I pray to dear God it's not what folks are saying the plot is suppose to be.

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I adore all 3 of them.

Now rumors be running abound of a 4th in the works. :angry:

Granted I'd like to see a 4th film, too. But I pray to dear God it's not what folks are saying the plot is suppose to be.

~Lady B

B)

No one knows what the plot is going to be.... it's not been written yet.

IF... it's ever going to be written. ;)

Folks tend to post the things they hope for and want to see as the ideas of others. They guys finished National Treasure Two and are working on something else just now.

Nothing to do with Pirates (Get a'long little doggies!) B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:ph34r:

Oh, Bess. I've heard so much about it already it's pathetic. From Jack and Barbossa doing a buddy flick in search of the Fountain of Youth (which in my opinion they both found it since both characters are now at Walt Disney World :ph34r: ).... to again, a Jack and Barbossa buddy flick that involves the Fountain of Youth to eventually finding Atlantis with flying machines! :ph34r:

Aye, all of them have been Jack and Hector buddy flicks. Sad, really. :ph34r:

~Lady B

And all of them just BS.... -_-

-_-

I know.

But you have to admit, it's interesting fodder.

~Lady B

-_-

Don't hold your collective breaths...

Not impossible... but not likely at this stage anyway. And right now Geoffrey is not interested.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Yeah, saw that one, too, Christine. I tell ye... interesting fodder.

People get SO excited over something not there. :ph34r:

Geoffrey not interested? Oh, really? Changed his tune, eh? Unless he's booked already with projects and unable to do a 4th.

One may never know what'll happen. :::Looks at Bess::: our little pirate spy for the mouse. Hehehe... kinda like playing around with Beckett! :ph34r:

~Lady B