What kind of weather are you having?

Silent

Bright but cold. Actually got my gloves back out today.

I think my nascent grass is gonna freeze to death tonight! And I watered the grass seed so faithfully last week until it sprouted!

Bugger!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warm, sunny and a touch of tornado...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Yarr thar be a mist around this 'ere town, better moor an' spend th' night in th' tavern...tis a hard life...

The Feared and Ruthless Captain Drake Flint

"YARR! Roaming the seas, I take what I find; gold, wenches and mead, the pirates life is mine!"

Heavy Metal Pirate Brotherhood

+ nunc est bibendum +

Crazy weather here in NE Wisconsin. Between the heave thunder boomers we have been getting at night and the cold windy weather in the day (with sun...smattered about), it would be nice to see a day in the mid-70s. I'd be in a better state of mind right now....need to motivate meself....

Come on Spring...I know you're out there!!!!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Glorious! Sunny and mild.

I'm going to take advantage of the weather today and take a picnic lunch to High Park to indulge in Hanami -- the Japanese ritual of cherry blossom viewing.

toronto_high_park_sakura_.jpg

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

much warmer today. Over the weekend it was so cold I found my finger-less gloves and wore then while pirating.. found out I could get some coals in the skillet with the lid half off and make a short of bedwarmer. It was about 30 with winds of 30mph and my tent was wonky. No big fires for warming, they were afraid of sparks.

still.. survived that and now its about 65. sigh..!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Okay...waiting around for Spring is become a gambling game around here in WI.

We have been taking bets on what would be the first day it hits 75 around here.

So far, I'm still in it. November 3rd is looking better all the time.

This morning, 38 degrees!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Why does it rain on my days off?

OK who knows a "sun" dance?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

sunny today but windy and cold all last weekend..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Looks like rain again today....

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

We're in the same boat, Jill. Record high temps for So. Oregon this weekend. Up to 99 tomorrow, and mid 90s today. Not good, when you live in a forest fire danger zone, like we do. Things are going to dry out way too early.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Hope you guys get some rain...stay safe..

Today was in a word...beautiful ...

Sunny, dry, puffy clouds, light breeze

I hope tomorrow is a re run

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

it's 100,000,000 degrees and its only supposed to cool off about 30 degrees all night!

:ph34r:

me mammy always told me I would go t' hell if'n I did not stop doin' that!

:huh:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Flippin' HOT!!!!! I can't stand how hot it's been this weekend, it's horrible! And like an idiot I was out earlier at the street fair, ugh! Didn't last too long tho, even with my parasol, sunscreen and bottle of water. Just way too damn hot! :huh:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

is it hot, Hot, HOT where ye be? Do ye have piratey stinky feet like me? Does haul'n all that gear around under the sun leave ye sweaty 'n stinky like a filthy bilge rat?

Then ye needs t' check out th' little secret I just discover a bit o'er a year ago that cured me stinky feet 'n under arms - and it be period t'boot!!

Thai Deodorant Stone

Guess I could put this in 'Plunder' but see'n as how we are talk'n HOT here...

It be hypoallergenic (?don't ask be, I be but a humble pirate?) 'n it do not use any perfumes 'er oils neither. 'n best o' all, It Works!

Does not satin clothing, non irritant (at least for me), does not clog pours or stop natural sweat, AND, one stone can last almost a year!! (unless ye drop it, then it shatters....)

*historical reference*:

It is believed that the first recorded use of Potassium Alum was in ancient China and Egypt for the odor reducing effects. Approximately 100 A.D. is when the Roman historian Plinus documented the manufacturing of ALUMEN ROMANUM through the repeated dissolving of potassium alum slates in water. The resulting large crystals were mainly used to relieve internal inflammations.

In the 8th century, the first standardized production of alum through multiple crystalization took place in what is believed to be Mesopotamia. These high quality crystals were called ALUMEN DE ROCCA. In 1248 A.D. a large alum factory was built in Naples. There the production of a high grade potassium alum crystal was used for medicinal purposes, while an industrial grade potassium alum was used for tanning leather and what is believed to be one of the first commercial producers of paper.

In the 15th century, Bartholomew Perdix recored the existence of an alum factory on the island of Ischia. Giovanni de Castro founded the famous alum factory of the Vatican in 1458. This gave the Pope the monopoly of alum which was enjoyed until the 16th century when a large number of alum factories existed in Germany. In the 17th century, alum production began in England. In 1777, French chemist A.L. Lavoisier gave the first correct description of Kali-Alum, which is still produced in Europe and used primarily in industrial purposes.

With a long history and a variety of uses, POTASSIUM ALUM has remained a vital part of industry and health care, but Deodorant Stones Of America has perfected the production of an all natural crystal of potassium alum that is 100% effective, economical and safe to use on our bodies. Doctors from revered medical facilities such as the Mayo Clinic have recommended crystals for their patients with dermathtis and the Walter Reed Army Hospital recommends THAI deodorant stone and mists for their patients who are post operative cancer patients receiving radiation treatment. All are examples of 21st Century medicine using an ancient, safe and pure form of protection. We now know that we have a lot to thank history for teaching us.

'o course thar be much more places to plunder this gem stone, th' one I posted is just were I get mine.

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

HOT For the last three days it has been 100-102. Not normal at all for this time of year. However, since we just came off a really wet winter, I'm a happy camper. Been outside working in the garden in the morning, before it gets past 90, then I head indoors. In So. Oregon, the hottest part of the day can be around 5 o'clock. Two days ago, it was still 100 at 7 pm. B)

MadL, isn't rubbing a rock around in your armpit a bit ouchy? Or is it just those of us who shave our armpits that might have that problem? B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

HOT For the last three days it has been 100-102. Not normal at all for this time of year. However, since we just came off a really wet winter, I'm a happy camper. Been outside working in the garden in the morning, before it gets past 90, then I head indoors. In So. Oregon, the hottest part of the day can be around 5 o'clock. Two days ago, it was still 100 at 7 pm. B)

MadL, isn't rubbing a rock around in your armpit a bit ouchy? Or is it just those of us who shave our armpits that might have that problem? B)

I love my epilator - haven't shaved in years and never have to deal with stubble. Best thing since sliced bread sez I!

And I'm SO glad it's cooled down, although we beat the heat yesterday by getting out on the bay in our sailboat.

RHJMap.jpg

Chilly at night... but dry... and just beautiful out today... perfect event weather especially if wearing wool

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Well, typical California weather....we were having horrible hot weather, but by Tuesday it cooled off. Since Tuesday it's been really nice, even slightly gloomy and windy. By Thursday it's even supposed to rain. May Gray is finally here....for a few days at least, lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg