What kind of weather are you having?

Silent

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was about 85 and sunny today. I think it missed the record by 1 degree... :rolleyes:

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Wet...blah.. :rolleyes: There are times wet is good like a sleepy weekend morning..soggy late nights no..

But still...it's warm

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Captains Log: 10 Feb 2008 I find myself locked in a frozen hell. The rigging is frozen solid along with the sails. The deck is white with snow and the temp is falling. I can not tell just how cold it is now because the thermometer has frozen solid too. I can say that the wind is picking up and the barometer is falling. The sun is out but it has no warmth. I hope this hell ends soon. :huh:

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

:huh: It just snowed!! and the wind is very strong,,huh

Wow...now it's scary out.. the wind is actually howling. Thank goodness this isn't accompanied by ice.

and the internet is still on ...whew..

Cold. And the wind knocked out the power (again). I was in Hershey PA yesterday when the front moved through. 50+ mile an hour winds, with snow. There was a whiteout for a good half hour. Glad I was inside Chocolate World eating my buccaneers fill of cacao!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Bitter cold....this mornin' the temp was only 3...and since then it has gone up 2 degrees...Bbbbbrrrrr.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

If I had a YAK ..he'd look like this tonight..

I think I'd have to bring him some hot chocolate and two pair of old socks..

frosty350.jpg

SNOW, SNow, and even more Snow......It is a winter wonderland outside right now. The Snow Queen has definitely arrived.

snow_queen.jpg

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

"Record cold for northern Minn.: 40 below

By JEFF BAENEN, Associated Press Writer Mon Feb 11, 10:43 PM ET

MINNEAPOLIS - It lived up to its name: The temperature in International Falls fell to 40 below zero Monday, just a few days after the northern Minnesota town won a federal trademark making it officially the "Icebox of the Nation."

It was so cold that resident Nick McDougall couldn't get his car trunk to close after he got out his charger to kick-start his dead battery. By late morning, the temperature had risen all the way to 18 — below zero.

"This is about as cold as it gets, this is bad. There's no wind — it's just cold," said McDougall, 48, a worker at The Fisherman, a convenience store and gas station in the town on the Canadian border. "People just don't go out, unless you have to go to work."

Residents of the area use electric engine block heaters to keep their cars from freezing.

"You plug in your car, for sure, and you put the car in the garage if you can," McDougall said. His garage is full of other things, so he had to park outside — a "big mistake."

The previous record low for Feb. 11 in International Falls was 37 below, set in 1967, said meteorologist Mike Stewart at the weather service in Duluth.

The temperature also fell to 40 below in Embarrass, 80 miles southeast of International Falls. That's just one degree above the all-time record in Minneapolis, 250 miles to the south, that was set in January 1888, the weather service said."

;) Lucky for me, it was only -12 in Minneapolis. <_<;);)

If I had a YAK ..he'd look like this tonight..

I think I'd have to bring him some hot chocolate and two pair of old socks..

frosty350.jpg

A friend of mine who lives in Delta Junction, Alaska has a pet yak. Annieyak was allowed to run free around the ranch until she kept running out to meet my friend's daughter when the school bus dropped her off - she was basically like a really big puppy. She made the bus driver very nervous so they had to keep her in the back from then on. I suppose an 800 pound yak galloping full tilt at your vehicle can make a person nervous...

RHJMap.jpg

LOL...

damn cold here and MORE frecking snow.. I lost a set of keys in a snow bank. .I might find them in July.

another 4-10 inches due this week. Its about 3 times what we have usually. I say.. let all the southerners who can, drive up here, get our snow, and take it back to end the drought.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg