What kind of weather are you having?

Silent

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still snowing...on and off. Got up to about, oh, maybe five/six inches. Looks lovely, but I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere. I hate driving in the snow. Makes me crosseyed! :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Brrrrrrr!!....Been below freezin' for days now; 19 degrees last night,and...this mornin' was the first time I saw icicles on my tops'l......Sposed to warm back up by Monday...Good, as I need to get one more plank in on the portside, and it'd be really chilly with a big ole hole in the boat while it's cold...only so many ways to stay warm aboard ship...

Currently 58, overcast and windy.....They say 78 by Sunday. And before any get envious....No, it is not the norm. It has been in the 40's during the day and 32 or below, at night.

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Wierd..

First it's 9, then it's 36, then its 18 but feels like 0, now its gonna be 50 toomorrow. But I aint complaining as there has been none of the frozen stuff.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

We had one of the worst storms in ten years yesterday. Winds of 100MPH (150 up in the hills) and a hell of a lot of rain. Marin (north of San Francisco) was pretty much shut down due to flooding and they closed a lot of the bridges. It pretty much calmed down to just steady rain by late afternoon.

This morning and afternoon we had thunderstorms. The storm passed right over us so that thunder was LOUD. As in house-shaking loud.

RHJMap.jpg

Marin (north of San Francisco) was pretty much shut down due to flooding and they closed a lot of the bridges. It pretty much calmed down to just steady rain by late afternoon.

Sh*t!!...I hope my other ketch, ORCA, is o.k. Best get on the horn to Raul or someone to go check on her......Jeesh! What a dang screwy winter.....

:blink:

Up in the Sierra Navadia Mountains (due East of the Bay Area) at 4000 feet ...we got high winds, but not too bad, lots of rain..... then about 6" of snow ... (I HATE SNOW)

But it looks like the sun is coming out, so hopefully the roads will dry out... I don't have chains for my PT Cruzer, so I wait untill the roads are clear, or drive the Stupid Pick-up.....or just walk..... :blink:

About 68 degrees and sunny right now. A big difference from the highs of 46 and 48 with wind for the last couple of days...I'm ready for summer already! :rolleyes:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Psssssssssssttt!!........

Shhhhhhhh.........there's none of that frozen water stuff....

and...

its warm :rolleyes:

Snow...it snowed yesterday, it snowed last night, and is supposed to snow again today.

**scoops up a handfull, pats it nice, and lobs a snowball at Red Cat** :o

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

* Ducks Ransoms snowball and falls into an imaginary drift laughing as it hits JAcky TAr *

I went outside...it smelled like a damp Summer night. There was a mosquito in my living room..I'm confused.. :huh:

Hasn't anyone told Mother Nature that it's JANUARY!!!!!

Just yesterday we here in the State of Wisconsin experience a nasty 100 car pile-up down in Madison. The warmer weather has been causing a fog so thick it has lasted for the last three days!

I was told today that one of the people who is in 'servere' condition is my very own neighbor, Dan! He was coming back from a outing just outside of Madison when it happened. As he was coming down HWY 39/90, his car was struck from behind. It was number four (4) in line. A work buddy was with him that day. Unfortunately, he did not make it. T

Then today we had some pretty severe weather in my neck of the woods (Southeast WI). Up here, we experienced high winds, lighting, heavy rains, and even hail. This push of warm weather we had for the last few days has really messed up the seasons. There is no snow to speak of, expect for the large snow banks still in parking lots about town.

My dear freinds in Northern IL informed me that they had servere weather down there today as well.

They lost a locally loved apple orchard which was wiped out by a tornado today, but they are all in one piece and doing fine. Just north of them (near Lake Geneva, WI) Another family friend experienced some damage and they are without power; but nobody got hurt.

It's been a rough couple of days.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Good Lord!

The weather has been wreaking havoc in many places. Hearfelt thoughts of support to all those in the affected areas. Cheeky, prayers for your neighbor and condolences for his friend.

Thank you so much, Red Cat for your kind words.

We have no idea what Dan's condition is, but only that he is being watched around the clock as of the moment. We plan to go down tomorrow afternoon to see if their is anything we can do for his lovely wife and Dan, not to mention his friends family as well. We are all in shock over this.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

We'll keep your friend in our prayers, Cheeky. So, so, sorry to hear such sad news.

We're still getting snow. Sad news for us is, we had to have our 15 yr old greyhound put to sleep today, due to bone cancer. Robert was out in the dark and wet, burying him with his buddy, Sinbad, who died four years ago, also from bone cancer. Apparently, it's comon in greyounds because of the running they do at an early age. Very sad day.

Take care, Cheeky.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Aye, it's always something ye feel like ye should have seen coming that blindsides ye isn't it, Ransom? I had a spaniel who lived about ten years, who died of some gut malfunction that's rather common in her breed. I never knew a thing about it until it happened, but hey, that's how life is. Chin up and face the day, I suppose. It gets better with time.

-Aedon

Me mum named me Aedon.

Me mates call me Lucky.

Me enemies call me a bastard.

And anyone in a position of authority calls me

"that lucky bastard Aedon."

• 2 weeks later...

Have I mentioned that I HATE SNOW recently ?

I was just up in Dorrington (5000 feet) when it started to snow..... OK it wasn't sticking yet, so I figure I can finish my beer and head for home befor it gets too bad......... wrongo..... the stuff stuck and froze to the road..... obvously I got home..... but there were cars all over the road (skiers from Bear Valley maybe.... people wot think because they have a four wheel drive, they can drive in the snow just the same as they drive in the City......)

DANG..... I HATE SNOW......