Blackfoot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shux Patrick...

I was usin eye language....

happens when yer eatin toast...

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Does anyone know how much variation there is in the volume of individual rain drops in a given storm?

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

An amazing variety..moreso if you have the time to just listen. It's a little gift of escape.

Why is Summer so short and the Winter so long? Summer you wait for it all year round and in a blink of an eye your waitin' again.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

An amazing variety..moreso if you have the time to just listen. It's a little gift of escape.

I used to work in a physics lab and the good Dr. kept all the textbooks he received for review in said lab. One of them was called Physics for Poets. Jenny's response made me think of that. (I think we're talking about two different things entirely, m'dear.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Why did he give man arms long enough to reach it? A test of loyalty perhaps?

Curious the traits we ascribe to God.

Has anyone else ever read Scott Adam's book, God's Debris? It has some interesting thoughts on the topic. I don't agree with them all, but it gives you another way of looking at it, which is always worth your time.

Because he couldn't get anyone to publish it at first, he made it available on-line for free:

http://www.andrewsmcmeel.com/godsdebris/

When God made little boys, he made them out of string

He had a little left, so he made a little thing.

When God made little girls, he made them out of lace

He ran a little short, so he left a little space

Thank God

:ph34r:

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

hehe Lily thats cute !

So why didn't god just make man loyal to begin with

It is taught that GOD gave man his own free will.

..Forced loyalty becomes anything but.

Curious the traits we ascribe to God.

Well, as I see it, man has always acsribed his own traits to a thing or entity, perhaps in order to have a familiar stick to measure his understanding by.

Just so's ya'll know, I ain't really tryin ta pick a fight with the Christians, I really just wanna get folks to think "outside the box" once in awhile... question everything, don't take anyones word for anything. I sometimes forget you can't see me or tell when I'm bein ornery.

One of my best friends is a Cathaholic... er I mean a Catholic and I tease him all the time. He says to me; Keep laughin all the way to hell you non-believer!"

Bo

....Huh....

* well, it was a random thought.. :ph34r:

Aw damn! now I wanna go snorkelling...but in the Carribean..NE waters are too murky.

One of my best friends is a Cathaholic... er I mean a Catholic and I tease him all the time. He says to me; Keep laughin all the way to hell you non-believer!"

Bo

Catholic? He sounds more like a Baptist to me... B)

I was raised Catholic - the whole "all of you non-believers are going to hell" schtick is more of a Christian kind of thing. Was he a convert?

RHJMap.jpg

Some one once told me "I was going to hell cause of my beliefs"....my reply was..."How can I go some where I don't believe in?"

The Universe is one large book with many beliefs.....all are related just looked at differently.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

B)B)B) Thanks for the laugh Silkie.

Jill, at one time that is what was taught.  I didn't get it and my mother didn't (don't know about dad) but my grand parents got that doctrine.

Yeah, the Church is a changeable thing... When I was a wee girl, masses were still in Latin and the priest had his back to the congregation.

I got the "you'll go to hell if you do this or this or this" or "you better not even THINK this or you're going to hell" but not really anything about "if you don't believe exactly the same way we do, you're going to hell."

In Catholicism, it's all about the guilt...

RHJMap.jpg

Probably because guilt is such a subtle and effective lever - up to a point.

Take a look at many current marketing campaigns - several employ guilt. (If is see one more weepy billboard about how smoking kills kids or fighting global warming is about the future which shows some kid standing up to his waist in the water as proof, I'm gonna' puke.) Businesses are just as guilty of using guilt, though. Guilt - the real national past time.

don't forget pharmaceutical sales...

You never know real pain until you accidently pull out your nose ring.....Ooch! :lol: