The Pirate Hunter's Smarter Brother!

Inigo Montoya

"mmm, gin wif olives moud be gud" Jane mumbles around a mouthful of roasted garlic smeared fruitcake.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wantin' Ransom t' shiver so, I go t' the back room, fetch a fresh linen shirt (made by kass's elves) and a blanket from a cedar chest. I wrap the wool blanket over her shoulders, and place the shirt on a stool next t' her.

I find the festive napkins at the bar, and return t' Red Cat, t' wipe the garlic butter runnin' down her cheek.

Sniffin' my own shirt sleeve... coconut? I guess I need a change me self. I head t' the back room, fer my own wardrobe change, and t' clean up wit' some unscented soap.

I stop t' order a Dirty Martini with extra olives fer CrazyChole; Ray smiles and breaks out the Martini shaker.

Oderlesseyes grabs some th garlic pizza and has sum Wum but refuses to get a bath.... perhaps some Crown Royal for after shave tho be nice.. :D

The flee scare seemed to have scattered the Pirates away fron the black spot on tha floor at the end of the bar; Eyes observes...So quickly and still scratin a bit Eyes head over there to dig through the left over rubble of burnt fruit cake and sand; the last piece of tin... Now there be three Pyrates who has a piece that makes one map....~ thinkin to emself... Oderlesseyes hopes are up...

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

With a clean shirt, no sign of fleas, and no lingerin' coconut smell, I'd say it's time fer a martini!

"Ray, a vodka martini, shakin' not stirred! ('cause I do give a damn.) Aye, mates the martini bar is open, name yer poison."

Looks like Ransom is sippin' her drink and warmin' up. I wonder where CrazyChole has wandered off, wit' her drink and her piece of the map; wonder if this bloody thing is a map?

T' recap we've had flamin' fruitcakes, and fleas. What's next...

RedCat Jenny settles on a barstool hookin one booted foot over the rung

Inbetween munches o pizza she's studying summin closely...

"Ray.." she starts not taking her squint away from the item guarded by one arm "nuthin fancy fer me, just a plain ol Martini..painfully dry if ye please..thankee!"

She brushes some soot and burnt crumbs offa the item and her eyes grow big as saucers o milk..just fer a moment...regaining her composure she glances about th pub and tries t' decide whar she's seen th other half o the image which had been hidden by greasy black fruity soot....

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I watch Red Cat's furtive glances about the room. Is she lookin' fer clues? I notice Eyes is showin' interest in the charred remains of fruitcake, at the end of the bar; is Eyes lookin' fer another piece of tin.

"Watch out Red Cat, a martini that dry will sour yer cream." I pull up a stool next t' her, "So, how many pieces t' this puzzle... I mean map, are there? Should we be retrievin' Eyes' tankard fer more clues?"

Red Cat leans in closer to the piece o tin she's been examinin..then fixes Jacky wi big dark eyes which have a hint of danger and excitement.. "walll Jacky, I found wot I been seekin..ere!" She points a finger at the image on the tin rubbing a bit more soot off. She stops t rub her nose which is now smudged with the stuff.. " I believe I ha seen the rest o this image on summin... t' should be one more piece o this map"

Glancing around again she lowers her voice so's only Jacky cn hear.."Now I doesn't mind sharin wi those we cn trust sir... we WILL need help diggin it up..and th tankard is necessary cause it contains a hidden item necessary once we locates the plunder!"After placin the cream aside at his advice..

Red Cat downs her martini in one gulp n looks Jacky in the eyes once again.. "What say ye?"

While Red Cat and Jacky are nose to nose at the bar, I push the charcoal remains of the fruitcake around with the toe of my boot. One more piece of shiny tin is revealed. I pick it up, spit on it, and clean off the soot. Doesn't look like a piece of map, but has little symbols and sigals on it. A code? I give a furtive glance at the others. Okay, they may have the map, but maybe I've got the key on how to read it.

I slip the bit of tin in my pocket, thinking I'll wait a bit, and see just how much sharin' these pyrates are willing to do. It's always nice to have an ace up your sleeve, when you're not sure how the game might go. :lol:

I walk up to the bar and let Ray pour me a dirty martini - dry as a Caribbean cay, if you please.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

"Sure. Besides, if we all stay here much longer, we'll be drunk as lords. Do we sign an accord...or do we just trust each other?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

:lol: "I say a spit on th palm n four way handshake outta do right by us (yer own palm that is n nuthin fancy eh?)

Equal shares f equal partners? Fleas n all? Aye?" :huh:

Oderlesseye notices Red Cat Jenny lookin at me side where me tankard be hangin.. Eyes unclips it from his belt and holds it out to Ray... RAY!

Eyes be hassin ah Dr. Pepper... Oderlesseye looks again to be sure ifen there was some interest in the jewled studded Treasure .

.....Meantime Ray drops two pieces of Ice in the Tankard and the frost begins to build to the sides as Ray retreives his period presure hose ol'e soda. Oderless looks about and sees False Ransom gettin tipsy,

wit Jacky Tar speakin too softly for me to hear,

raisin my suspicions.(a bit).. tho content between tha two fyne lasses.

"So, do ye fancy a little treasure hunt, wit' Red Cat, Eyes, CrazyChole, and me self?"

Tho Eyes not a "Three musketeer" All for one and one for all

seems to work till someone gets a bit greedy.... Oderlesseye thows in his lot and the piece o' tin Eyes retreived earlier is tossed onto the bar and slides right on down to Jacky Tar... Ray fills Eyes Tankard till tha foam

is now over flowing in the pub... Hey Ray Shut that thing of!!

Eye Exclaims... Ray hurrys over to the the period pep cock and tries to turn it but it won't bugde... Me Tankerd is nothing but Foam! The pub is ah filling up! Foaming every where out the door, tha windows,

Red Cat thinks it;s funny and plays with it like she in a bubble bath,

making shapes of sheep, One , two Now three sheep!

O'cum on Ray shut the thing off, Now Eyes Can'st see!

Oderlesseye yells for ELP! from Jacky Tar,False Ransom,CrazyChole...

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

A secret none knew until now is tha Th' Cat looooves Dr. Pepper! She was watchin Ray fill th tankard just outta reach and plannin a mad dash to snatch up the foamy dark treat ...but stopped short as Eyes tossed a 'nother section o th map in wi th lot.

She shoots Jacky , Ransom and Jane a look of excitement whch they miss as they look down at the carmel colored tide rising about their boots (eh erhhh ah ..or shoes) soon foam is flying everywhar and Eyes is gettin nervous! Can he not swim? Ain't good t' be a pirate what canna swim! but then again this ain't th briny neither....

The problem wi Dr. Pepper is it makes RedCat Tipsy...she begins to play merrily in the foam splashing about and creating a fleet of sudsy sea sheep.."I am now Commodore she gasps between breathless chuckles" Commodore of the sudsy sea sheep!"

Eye's c'mere! I'll make lil horns wi yer hair heehee! wooogh! Whee! prepare t' be boarded!

oiIIIIIIII!!!!!! Th foam and sody have reached high enuf t spill out th place

Scooping up th map pieces she dissappears beneath the Dr.pepper and floats laughing out th window t land in a sopping, giddy heap on the porch wi th others...

Jane had slipped out of the pub to sit in the cool evening air and attempt to clear her brandy & fruitcake muddled brain. All of a sudden the four others come flooding out of the door, followed by a wave of brown foam. Jane gives the sticky bunch a double take.

"Jest ow much did I 'ave ta drink? o is tha, soda pop?" She takes a finger full of the foam, sucking the sweet goo off. She smacks her lips, trying to detect the foams flavor like a cola aficionado.

"Dr. Pepper? If any o ye really needs a Dr, I've got a saw in me sack 'ere. Jest as good as any ol sawbones n twice as sharp." She laughs at her own joke but the others obviously don't share the humor.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

I pull Eyes from the foamy deep, t' the safety of the pub porch, with only my boots gettin' sticky. Ransom gives me a look, like ye said it wouldn't get any dumber, and I just shake my head.

"Lads take note, fill the Cat's tankard wit' Dr. Pepper and stand back!" She is still rollin' in foam and gigglin'. Seems she has turned her artistic talents t' makin' animals out of soda foam.

"Seems Red Cat, there are three pieces t' the map, and Eyes just gave ye the second, and CrazyChole has the third." I look over and see CrazyChole is also outside the pub, and is taste testin' the soda foam, and offerin' her services as a sawbones.

'I'm goin' t' hav' t' help Ray man the bilge pumps, before we can go back in the pub,' me thinks.

Now out on da porch thanx to Jacky Tar ,

Oderlesseye some what bewildered by all

the goings on ; Shakes it out... Bbbrrrbbbdddbbrrdddd..

Getting his sexton out, Oderlesseye gets his

bearings . Hales the rest the crowd whares we

goin eahg? Eyes looks at CrazyCholeBlack ans

asks for her to hold out the tin she's been peepin

at; and for Red Cat to hold out the others and puts

'em together... Everyone gets quite for a still second......................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

............................................................................. :lol:

and then Gasps from all.... Just then Ray thows out a bucket ol'e water on eye's, incensed that I had to order the Dr Pepper! ... a AURRRGG! eSCAPES ME LIPS AS RAY TURNS AND RE-ENTER THE PUB...

Huddled round again Eyes gets the feeling we be stickin togther for a whiles... Now that we sees the whole damn map for the first tyme.. What does it mean.. are those coordinates to the rest of the treasure?

G90G80G40G20G17M6

N11G1X0Y5.625F15.279

N12G2X0.375Y6.I0.375J0F15.279

N13G1X1.75Y6.F15.279

N14G3X4.25Y6.I1.25J0F15.279

N15G1X5.5Y6.F15.279

N16G2X6.Y5.5I0J-0.5F15.279

N17G1X6.Y4.125F15.279

N18G3X6.Y1.875I0J-1.125F15.279

N19G1X6.Y0.75F15.279

N20G2X5.25Y0I-0.75J0F15.279

Now wheres the -X-

Noquarter2copy.jpg

My recently washed shirt now soaked with DP, I shake like a dog, and look at Eyes. "What the hell started that flood of brown and carbonated?"

With my boots squelching, and my nose dripping foam, I stand next to Eyes and stare at the bits of tin, not mentioning right off that I may have the code to the map in me pocket.

"So, what do you think it all means?" I ask, an innocent look on my face.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

;) Oiy

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Recoverin in a jiffy at the sight o all 3 pieces - the soda drained from her boots and tricorn RedCat joins th others.... a strangers voice is heard (eh?)

"It's okay, Red Cat, the voice is from someone related to the girl who liked the Princess Bride - pay him no mind."

I upend my boots and pour out the last of the DP, pull them back on, then peer over Eye's shoulder to see what his bit of the map looks like. All I see are numbers and letters.

"Gee, maybe it's a map to a used car lot, and those are the license numbers of the ones on sale for the holidays."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Jane's brow is deeply furrowed as she squints at the random combination of letters and numbers.

"Tha first parts there all in a pattern. See, N 11, 12, 13 and then the G part is a pattern too, 1x, 2x, 1x, 3x, and so on. Then they all end in F 15.279. Bet tha only important part is that stuff in tha middle there. But that first bit doesn't make any sense."

RedCat plops down cross legged on the freshly mopped, yet somehow still sandy floor turnin th pieces this way n tha..

She scratches her head in thought and then addresses th group..

"Mayhap one is upside down? I dunna know abou th nummers..ne'r wuz too goode in geomertrickery ...buuut"

...she turns one edge agin t' other revealing a ship drawing..or most o one.. theres a scrap missin which shows the rest o th name "Hmmmm (The Flyin..) Ok start guessin! who know's th name? We'll get th picture clue if'n ye cn figger out th nummers there...."

Eyes! EYYYYEEES!!!! Whar ye be?! Oi he's allus wanderin off summere no wunner e' got marooned probably jest got lost :lol:

O..D..E..R..L..E..S..S..EEEEEYEEEE!!!!

Whar be th other small scrapp ye had?