Port Royal, Jamica. JOINT THREAD

Capt. Sterling

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think it looks cool on all the Watch Dog signatures.  ;)

True...very clever indeed...though, I am probably the only one that doesn't have photoshop or some type of photo design program!...

Couldn't do it if I tried.

Don't feel bad, why do you think I don't have either an avatar or a signature? B)

I am working on an avatar, though, and signed up with photobucket. I'm very computer challanged, so it takes me awhile to figure things out. Plus I have a Mac, so instructions for a PC don't help me. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I like seeing all the similar sigs that's for sure.It works really well for the crewes. Don't know that it would work with Port Royal though. Everyone in the Watch Dog is sort of "together" while in Port there are all these little groups, everyone from different ships etc. It's intertwined but not cohesive.

I'd still love to have a matchy sig though. Maybe someday when I'm part of a group.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

... in Port there are all these little groups, everyone from different ships etc. It's intertwined but not cohesive.

True, we don't have "ranks", but we are all Port Royal Players. That's more the designation I was thinking of when I posted the idea. :)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

This thread is where those folks, participating in the serious role playing thread..Port Royal Jamica , can ventur to post any questions regarding the historical background and or any technical questions regarding role playing.

Why a second/joint thread?

So as to avoid constantly disrupting the original story line of the role playing thread by going in and out of character....

Hope this helps !

JH Sterling

So, this is the port from where the Archangel hails and where Lemuel Ling is the Governeur? I have much to catch up to where my people are concerned...

Hello Gov'nor

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Hey, I just had a thought (yikes, scary I know). Actually, it is an idea I pinched from the Watch Dog thread (Pirate!).

All the crew of that thread have a notation in their signature that they are ".... of the Watch Dog." Gunner of the Watch Dog, Quartermaster of the Watch Dog, etc. So, I thought it might be kinda neat to have something similar for the Port Royals.

Any ideas for a name we could all use? Maybe even come up with a logo design? Then we could add it to our signatures.

What say you?

R

BTW, if you think this idea is a load of bilge, say so! :lol:

hmmm interesting idea...but my photo shop/art is down until I can cough up 100 bucks to upgrade.... sigh

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Greeting All,

I see yer particular to 'r sig lines on the Watch Dog...

Feel free to read our story...

Now, just so you understand, the 'ranking system' we have is just that...

We are a ships' crew and officers, Mister PEW is our Master-ta-Arms, I am th' QuarterMaster, and so on... Thus 'r ranks 'r what we are...

Enjoy yerse'f's now!

:lol:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Ah, Mr. Lasseter, I've notice you lurking around in Port Royal as well! :lol: You're free to join us, if you ever get time off from the Watch Dog. Maybe you could sail your crew on over for a visit?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Aye.... I occasionally peruse the Port Royal story...

Time off th' Watch Dog? A QuarterMaster's job leaves me little time off th' ship... but... once supplies an' victualling are taken care of, one never knows...

My crew? Ya mean sail Cap'n RedWake's crew on over...

Hmmmmm... what a novel idea...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Now I started reading that story. Funny name for a ship, but I like the writing.

I like that there's a timetable kept, kind of erratic, but better than none at all.

Bring that ship to Port Royal so me and Ian can get off this rock! Unless we find another willing ship.

Titim gan éirí ort.

Go mbeire an diabhal leis thú

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Now I started reading that story. Funny name for a ship, but I like the writing.

I like that there's a timetable kept, kind of erratic, but better than none at all.

Bring that ship to Port Royal so me and Ian can get off this rock! Unless we find another willing ship.

:rolleyes: I think you guys are a little too dangerous for a Captain to want to take on!! I mean, can you really take orders—other than from each other? B)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

alright, I know so o ye didn't think we really "needed" a Port Royal Sig banner but I'm an insomniac and Dear Ransom had planted this seed of an idea in my head.

Here are 3 versions of a PR banner (PR for PR, LOL) Please let me know what you think. Be kind though, I'm having a bad couple of days.

the simple one

portroyalbanner3.jpg

The one without the roger

portroyalbannerA.jpg

The one with the roger

portroyalbannerB.jpg

Hope you all enjoy! I'm going to sleep finally now.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

So far VERY nice!

Crewe of the Archangel

Here are 3 versions of a PR banner (PR for PR, LOL) Please let me know what you think. Be kind though, I'm having a bad couple of days.

Dear CrazyCholeBlack,

Sorry to hear that you've been having a rough time of it. You're work is very nice. I must agree with Striker. I like the simple one the best.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

:lol: I think you guys are a little too dangerous for a Captain to want to take on!! I mean, can you really take orders—other than from each other? :lol:

Aye.

Who else be there?

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

The thing is, unless a captain was observing them the entire time, he wouldn't know, would he? :lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

As a friendly warning to those who take dwelling in and around Port Royal. You shall find me quite scarce until Tuesday the 17th. Destination TRF...God have mercy on their souls.... :lol:

Play nice while I am gone. :lol:

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Bon Voyage, Miss Devareaux.

I, too, will be "out of town" from Friday until late Monday night. Please, no one kill me or mine off while I'm enjoying some R&R on the coast. :lol: I remember what happened to poor Killingsworth, the last time I took time away!

Regards,

R

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

As a friendly warning to those who take dwelling in and around Port Royal. You shall find me quite scarce until Tuesday the 17th. Destination TRF...God have mercy on their souls.... :lol:

**Sigh** :lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

Play nice while I am gone. ;)

Have a lovely time of it, Aurore...and not to worry, I'll be happy to look after Captain Sterling for you! :lol:

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"