Port Royal, Jamica. JOINT THREAD

Capt. Sterling

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) I leave for four days and look what happens! My ship raided, my hostage highjacked, crew injured, and... REGGIE DEAD!

Shakes head. "I suppose I should be grateful you didn't sink the Rakehell and kill me off in my absence. ;)

And Jack dear, my apolgies. I see it was a conspiracy. But, you still better watch your back. No one raids the Rakehell and gets away with it! ;)

Glad to be back. A landlocked pirate needs a taste of the sea air once and awhile. And the seafood ain't bad neither!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Oh come now Johnny!  says Tess looking somewhat upset.

You know our fathers wanted us to marry.  It was a good arrangement for both houses!  You never truly understood your father's way of thinking, did you?"

I could voice mine opinion about my Father, but then everyone knows he's an....ahem.... Suffice to say, we do not see eye to eye... and never will...The man suffers from the love of money....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Marry for money if ye like Tess, I perfer to marry for love of a person...obviously we would never make a good match...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Oi, Killingsworth!

Sorry ta have ta stuff yer corpse in a barrel, not a fitting casket, or is it? We was put in a tight spot, an well, you know, we had ta do somethin.

Titim gan éirí ort.

Go mbeire an diabhal leis thú

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

FYI I have posted a warning on the first page of the character bio thread, that all the characters are under copyright by those who have created them. I did this because you are all so good, and the story is becoming more and more complex. I didn't want anyone to "borrow" either our characters or plot ideas without asking us first.

Just call me paranoid, but I got this idea from another thread and thought it might be a good idea for Port Royal. :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Any help the good Captain could give would be great. I know in theory, as soon as you create a character it is automatically copyrighted, but with so many hits on the Port Royal thread, I thought stating the obvious might be a good idea. After all, there be pirates in these waters! :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Good thinking, Ransom.

Yes, copyright automatically applies as soon as we post here. But copyright can be lost if it is not defended.

Therefore I entreat anyone who sees characters or plots resembling ours anywhere else on the 'Net or in print to alter us immediately. If we do nothing, the copyright will cease to be our own. So we need to watchful eyes of our fellows to help us be ever diligent. :ph34r:

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Ok....my oh so bad in not breeching this subject sooner.

I have laid within my signature a notation in regard to such under both monikers.

Touch base with me off thread and I shall tell you the means behind building such fortitudes with protection under Federal Law. :ph34r:

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Okay folks hate to burst any bubbles here, but the last time I checked with the government, you cannot copyright a character name OR idea... you must Trade mark them... we can only copyright the actual writing..

SO you must add TradeMark to the items in question...

Crewe of the Archangel

Well I've jumped in with both feet. Hope no one minds.

I would like to ask that if anyone sees any mistakes in my writing, no matter how tiny they may seem, to please point them out to me. I am new to writing with others so your patience is appreciated.

Thanks for having me.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

...pub crawling is so much easier now that you can roll me from one pub to another....thanks for thinking of it boys!

No worries mate. ;)

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

...pub crawling is so much easier now that you can roll me from one pub to another....thanks for thinking of it boys!

No worries mate. ;)

Twill be a strange vintage when someone finally opens that barrel! ;)

And, Chole, glad you decided to "jump in", there are a lot of us new to this role-playing game. We're learning from each other as we go. ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Well I've jumped in with both feet. Hope no one minds.

I would like to ask that if anyone sees any mistakes in my writing, no matter how tiny they may seem, to please point them out to me. I am new to writing with others so your patience is appreciated.

Thanks for having me.

You're doing a lovely job of it, CrazyCholeBlack! I just wish I had a bit more time to write this week...Weddings!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Hey, I just had a thought (yikes, scary I know). Actually, it is an idea I pinched from the Watch Dog thread (Pirate!).

All the crew of that thread have a notation in their signature that they are ".... of the Watch Dog." Gunner of the Watch Dog, Quartermaster of the Watch Dog, etc. So, I thought it might be kinda neat to have something similar for the Port Royals.

Any ideas for a name we could all use? Maybe even come up with a logo design? Then we could add it to our signatures.

What say you?

R

BTW, if you think this idea is a load of bilge, say so! :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Hey, I just had a thought (yikes, scary I know). Actually, it is an idea I pinched from the Watch Dog thread (Pirate!).

What say you?

I think you are a bloody pirate.

:lol:

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Though, the idea is a good one...we here on Port Royal need not have to 'label' ourselves to the story line...We have so much more to offer....

Interesting thought, seeing as how your signature already has your "occupation" in it.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

What say you?

I think you are a bloody pirate.

;)

;);) Hey, I admitted it right up front—I pinched the idea! Never said I wasn't a pirate! ;)

It was just a thought, thrown out like bait to see if anyone would bite. No worry if no one thinks it's worth it. ;) I just think it looks cool on all the Watch Dog signatures. B)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg