Port Royal, Jamica. JOINT THREAD

Capt. Sterling

Thanks Capt'n. I will feel better "bumping" into someone now.

QUOTE (John_Flint @ Sep 10 2006, 04:53 PM)

I would like to join in on this, but I don't know how...

Yes, I agree with Silkie and Ransom, first you need to read and catch up... you need to know the background because if you jump in and just try to change everything around, it's not going to flow...so you need to do some "homework"... currently we are waiting on Sir Henry to get freed up from work to get the attack on Portbello rolling... so we are still in port and we kind of have a "soap opera" going on, but we are still trying to keep it period correct and so far it seems to be working, after all, life went on even back then... wink.gif So read, figure out what your character would have been back then, brush up on some history if need be... and jump in... like twas mentioned, anyone could sail in at any time...if you wish to become an Island dweller... maybe you have just gotten feed up with all that's been happening and now you want to get involved ...

Definity agree with the Capt'n on this one. I started reading the beginning and spent a good 3 or 4 days catching up.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to be of help

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I can only speak for myself, so here goes.

I'm sure there is some PMing between players—I've done a bit, but it wasn't about plot—but most often it seems to be more a matter of "roll with it." ;)

It's kinda left up to each person as to how they want to get involved. You can put yourself in someone's path, pretend to know someone from before they arrived at Port Royal, stumble onto something, etc. It took me awhile to decide how I wanted to interact with the others, then before I could decide, I got shanghied into a tavern brawl! That was fun.

Best advice I can give is, as this is my first time at role-playing, watch the story line, see where you might fit in. Then dive in, the water's fine. ;)

BTW, there is a character bio joint thead for Port Royal you might want to check out, which will give you backgrounds on some of the characters being played.

See you in PR soon! The more the merrier.

I should have my Bio's up within the next couple of days which should be of some aid.

Steady the course, mes amies....

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

It took me awhile to decide how I wanted to interact with the others, then before I could decide, I got shanghied into a tavern brawl!

Killingsworth wrenching his hands of it..."Mawha..ha...ha..ha..!

I'm trying to save your miserable branded hide, and this is the thanks I get. Humph! ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Now...now, do not upset yourself Ransom. Killingsworth isn't worth that much trouble. I should know. He's really not that bad....just has issues with expressing himself.

If you have any questions, just PM him when you can...I'm sure he'll be happy to help out...

Oh, we've done that. Pals, we are. ;) Oops, mayhap I shouldn't have said that! :D

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

This is to let my fellow Port Royals know I'll be out of town until late Monday, so won't be able to post until probably Tuesday.

My husband and I are heading for the coast tomorrow, for some R&R and a lot of seafood!

I promise you, Mr. Killingsworth will be left well tended—and well guarded! :lol:

R

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Oh , and Don't do anything I would'nt do :huh:

I don't think that narrows things down much! :lol:

But thanks.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

So me 'n me bruddah 's wondrin',

'S there a sub-plot, 'r d' tings jus' appen in Port Royal? We're tryin' to' follah th' plot wit Killingsworth an' all, an' Lady Tess and such..anythine else t' b' 'n th' watch fer?

Tankee kindly,

Ian

O' 'n anudder tine, Coulde ther' be 'nyway t' post th' time o' day e'ry so 'ften so we c'n stay 'n th' same gen'ral time o' day.

Tankee

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

So me 'n me bruddah 's wondrin',

'S there a sub-plot, 'r d' tings jus' appen in Port Royal?  We're tryin' to' follah th' plot wit Killingsworth an' all, an' Lady Tess and such..anythine else t' b' 'n th' watch fer?

Tankee kindly,

Ian

O' 'n anudder tine, Coulde ther' be 'nyway t' post th' time o' day e'ry so 'ften so we c'n stay 'n th' same gen'ral time o' day.

Tankee

As for sub-plots, I don't think we're that organised! Seems it has been mainly roll with the story, but I agree with the time of day suggestion. I have found myself going without food or sleep for days, 'cause the story sort of swept past me!

Maybe we should elect an official "New Day" keeper. :)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Oh , and Don't do anything I would'nt do  :P

I don't think that narrows things down much! :lol:

But thanks.

Have a wonderful hiatus, my dear....And don't do anything that I WOULD do. ;):P

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Perhaps I may be of assistance here....

The current time would be around noonish....the day after dear Molly Shea was laid to ground. (May her soul rest in peace.) :lol: Reg was penned up overnight then taken to the isle in the grey hours of dawn, left then rescued and Sabastian has returned home with a side trip or two....So, noonish sounds about right by my calculations...

And don't do anything that I WOULD do. ;);)

C'n I 'ave a chat wit you me lady? ;)

We mite 'ave th' same list.

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

The current time would be around noonish....the day after dear Molly Shea was laid to ground. (May her soul rest in peace.) :lol: Reg was penned up overnight then taken to the isle in the grey hours of dawn, left then rescued and Sabastian has returned home with a side trip or two....So, noonish sounds about right by my calculations...

That sounds about right ....

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

And don't do anything that I WOULD do. ;)   :lol:

C'n I 'ave a chat wit you me lady? :lol:

We mite 'ave th' same list.

LOL!!!! That might very well be a fact, cara. ;):lol: I think mayhaps my Irish is showing. :lol:

That sounds about right ....

Then noonish it is....I usually try to give some indication as to time of day within my writtings. Please do not hesitate to PM me if more time is needed with current event. I do hate to trip anyone up.

With the weekend and some of our numbers away for its' duration, I cannot foresee any great advancements made until the fold regains its' balance. Odds lie that late afternoon / evening more than likely will not appear until Tuesday or so.

Wonderful work all of you!! I commend you on your efforts fully! :lol:

<_< (OCC)

Well, I guess I was asking for it, wasn't I?" :lol:

It looks like I have met my match upon the Port Royal thread, due to the hand of my lovely but cunning cousin Tess St. Claire.

So I will bid you all a sweet farewell, at least for a little while. Due to my work restrictions and home life, I need to step away for a bit...and Lady Tess has helped me do so.

But fear not, I will return...perhaps not as Reggie Killingsworth, but perhaps another character...who knows, maybe Killingsworth has an evil twin brother lurking out there somewhere.

Best of luck to you all and thank you for making it such a splendid time!

200px-John_Wilmot2.jpg

Allow me to be frank at the commencement; You will not like me...â„¢

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

Oi and since when was I "engaged" to Tess St. Claire.... now if that was my father's idea, perhaps... but otherwise, I think I would know that..... <_<

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/