Post a quote me hearty's!

The effect of liberty to individuals is that they may do what they please;

we ought to see what it will please them to do, before we risk congratulations.

~ Edmund Burke

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“ The merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality.”

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up...

Pablo Picasso (1881 - 1973)

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Th' last couple o' posts reminded me of some favourites...

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin 1759

"First we count their guns. If we have more guns than they do, then we are pirates. But if their guns outnumber ours, we are but simple merchants.

- Anonymous

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

When you have an advantage, you are obliged to attack; otherwise you are endangered to lose the advantage.

Wilhelm Steinitz

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Childhood is a strange country. It's a place you come from or go to - at least in your mind. For me it has an endless, spellbound something in it that feels remote. It's like a little sealed vault country of cake breath and grass stains, where what you do instead of work is spin until you're dizzy...

~ Lyall Bush

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy.

General George Washington

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it.

General Robert E. Lee (one of the Greastest General's that ever lived)

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

~ Napoleon Bonaparte

ClaudeDuval.jpg

“The ancestor of every action is a thought.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

“One should act in consonance with the way of heaven and earth, which is enduring and eternal. The superior man perseveres long in his course, adapts to the times, but remains firm in his direction and correct in his goals.”

I Ching

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

“Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great.”

Mark Twain

“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude”

Zig Ziglar

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings.

Thomas Bailey Aldrich

I don't know why, but this quote kinda hit me funny bone.

"When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, 'Why god? Why me?' and the thundering voice of God answered, 'There's just something about you that pisses me off”

Stephen King

The interval between a cold expectation and a warm desire may be filled by expectations of varying degrees of warmth or by desires of varying degrees of coldness.

Samuel Alexander

Il y a des incididents dune minute qui font plus qu'une cour dune annee.

There are minute-long incidents that do more than a year's flirtation.

~ A. Dumas

ClaudeDuval.jpg

All men by nature.. desire to know.

~Aristotle~

"I love the night. It's the only time I feel really alive."

Helen Chandler

Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. ~Henry David Thoreau

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. Christopher Robin to Pooh”

A.A. Milne

"A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

Anonymous

We all live in the protection of certain cowardices which we call our principles.

~ Mark Twain

ClaudeDuval.jpg

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.

Confucius

We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them.

Abigail Adams (1744 - 1818), letter to John Adams, 1774

You cannot have a proud and chivalrous spirit if your conduct is mean and paltry; for whatever a man's actions are, such must be his spirit.

Demosthenes (384 BC - 322 BC), Third Olynthiac

I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts.

John Locke (1632 - 1704)

Crewe of the Archangel

Men show their characters in nothing more clearly than in what they think laughable.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)

People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

Crewe of the Archangel