Post a quote me hearty's!

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ce que l'homme redoute le plus, c'est ce qui lui convient.

What man fears most is what suits him.

Henri' Frederic Amiel

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

There are three types of effort: easy, difficult, and impossible. The easy ones teach us

appreciation and laughter. The difficult ones teach us patience and perseverance. The

impossible ones teach us humility, surrender, and spirituality.

author unknown

(This quote is for someone I know who will understand its meaning.)

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Much may be done in those little shreds and patches of time which every day produces, and which most men throw away.

Charles Caleb Colton

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

"Brass shines as fair to the ignorant as gold to the goldsmiths."

A quote from one of the greatest rulers who ever lived.

Elizabeth I

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.

George Bernard Shaw

The mind I love must have wild places, a tangled orchard where dark damsons drop in the heavy grass, an overgrown little wood, the chance of a snake or two, a pool that nobody's fathomed the depth of, and paths threaded with flowers planted by the mind.

- K. Mansfield

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."

- H. G. Wells

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Woah Bastian that K Mansfield one is..amazing. I love it

------------

Do you spell it with a "V" or a "W"?' inquired the judge. 'That depends upon the taste and fancy of the speller, my Lord'.

Dickens

So pleased that you appreciated it as I do.

Good people will do good things. Evil people will do evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

~ S. Weinberg

ClaudeDuval.jpg

I do..I do..

A favorite of mine..

Equal courage should be rewarded by equal celebration. That equality shared shoulder to shoulder in blood, should also be shared at supper." - WRW

"I do..I do.."...I do believe in faries!!! ( My apologies, Chat Rouge...What you "said" rang a familiar bell and I could not let it pass.) :angry: Kudos to one of your favorites.

Dreams are the eraser dust I blow off my page.

They fade into emptiness another dark, gray day.

Dreams are the only memory of the plans have back then.

Dreams are eraser dust and now I use a pen.

Anonymous

ClaudeDuval.jpg

il est tout à fait bien You gave me a laugh * tips hat *

“Don’t ever walk into a room like you own the place. That’s for other people,” he said. “You walk into the room like you don’t care who owns the place.”

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance.

Hippocrates

“There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”

Albert Einstein

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.

~ Mark Twain

ClaudeDuval.jpg

The dog may be wonderful prose, but only the cat is poetry”

- French Proverb~

Bravo, Chat Rouge

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

~ Anonymous

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. :ph34r:

~ Leo Dworken

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Dogs have masters — Cats have staff.

Anonymous

Hermione Granger "You know, the ancient Egyptians worshiped cats."

Ron Weesley "Along with the dung beetle."

...Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azcaban

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

:ph34r: Ahem...

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.

Joseph Wood Krutch

Kittens are born with their eyes shut. They open them in about six days, take a look around, then close them again for the better part of their lives.

Stephen Baker

This one is one of my favorites:

It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens.

Cynthia E. Varnado

Way down deep, we're all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them.

~ Jim Davis

You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats.

~ Colonial American Proverb

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Cripes, I must be the luckiest person on the planet - I have strange cats showing up on my doorstep all the time. Which is why I have five indoor cats and about, ummm... ten outdoor cats.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Robert Heinlein

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

:rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.

~ Hippolyte Taine

Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbour. It makes you shoot at your landlord-- and it makes you miss him.

~ Irish saying

ClaudeDuval.jpg