Post a quote me hearty's!

You have spent many lives and much treasure to bring freedom to many lands that were reluctant to receive it. And here you have a people who won it by themselves and need only the help to preserve it.

Corazon Aquino

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”

Winnie the Pooh

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

“There are no ordinary cats.”

sidonie Gabrielle

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."

- Hippolyte Taine

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

I thought you guys don't give tickets to pretty girls! :lol:

You know, I believe you're right..... Here's your ticket, your court date is Thursday! :lol::lol::lol:

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

"Time spent with cats is never wasted.”

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher."

- Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

ok it's September 1st..time for a fall quote:

Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night.

Hal Borland

Personally, I'd have it otherwise. I love Summer

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.

Albert Camus

"It will be said that Franklin smote the ground.. and out sprang George Washington fully grown...on his horse."

John Adams goading Franklin in 1776 the movie which had some great quotes

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop.

Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

(One of my favorite books)

I have seen wicked men and fools, a great many of both, and I believe they get paid in the end; but the fools first.

Robert Louis Stevenson

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

We would be better off if we treated our history as a sea chart, with the reefs, shoals, and safe harbours all marked so we know where it is safe to travel, and where not. Instead, we use it as an instruction manual for perpetual failures.

Strictly my own... Bo

You take a number of small steps which you believe are right, thinking maybe tomorrow somebody will treat this as a dangerous provocation. And then you wait. If there is no reaction, you take another step: courage is only an accumulation of small steps.

George Konrad

Circumstantial evidence is a very tricky thing. It may seem to point very straight to one thing, but if you shift your own point of view a little, you may find it pointing in an equally uncompromising manner to something entirely different.

Sherlock Holmes

Dearest Haunting Lily, I hope you will understand this quote that I give to you and that some how it may help you in your time of sorrow.

"Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see."

-- Helen Keller (both blind and deaf from an infant)

“How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”

Wayne Dyer

The say to me in their awakening, "You and the world you live in are but a grain of sand upon an infinite shore of an infinite sea."

And in my dream I say to them, " I am an infinite sea, and all worlds are but grains of sand upon my shore."

Kahill Gibran

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Bastian..that is a beautiful quote..just beautiful

Yet a sailor's life is at best, but a mixture of a little good with much evil, and a little pleasure with much pain. The beautiful is linked with the revolting, the sublime with the commonplace, and the solemn with the ludicrous.

Merci, Madame...Perhaps another?

Mayhap a funeral among men is a wedding feast among angels.

~or~

Perhaps the sea's definition of a shell is the pearl. Pehaps time's definition of coal is the diamond.

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Lovely... you reminded me of another

Man is a noble animal, splendid in ashes, and pompous in the grave

Ever felt an angel's breath in the gentle breeze? A teardrop in the falling rain? Hear a whisper amongst the rustle of leaves? Or been kissed by a lone snowflake? Nature is an angel's favorite hiding place.

Carrie Latet

Very nice indeed, Ladies

I too am visited by angels and devils, but I get rid of them.

When it is an angel I pray an old prayer, and he is bored;

When it is a devil I commit an old sin, and he passes me by.

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Neet! ^

You take a number of small steps which you believe are right, thinking maybe tomorrow somebody will treat this as a dangerous provocation. And then you wait. If there is no reaction, you take another step: courage is only an accumulation of small steps.

George Konrad