Post a quote me hearty's!

The quality of mercy is not strained; It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven Upon the place beneath. It is twice blessed- It blesseth him that gives, and him that takes.

William Shakespeare

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Words convey the mental treasures of one period to the generations that follow; and laden with this, their precious freight, they sail safely across gulfs of time in which empires have suffered shipwreck and the languages of common life have sunk into oblivion.

~ Unknown but uber cool~

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

" A righteous man avoids strife, where fools rush in to quarrel"

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

We never become really and genuinely our entire and honest selves until we are dead -- and not then until we have been dead years and years. People ought to start dead and then they would be honest so much earlier.

Mark Twain 1835-1910 American Humorist and writer

"Why condemn me for taking a Lover with out marriage while you do so in marriage and break sacred vows?"

“Who is staring at the sea is already sailing a little"

"Now and then we had the hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."

Mark Twain

Life on the Mississippi

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

They talk of a man betraying his country, his friends, his sweetheart. There must be a moral bond first. All a man can betray is his conscience.

Author: Joseph Conrad 1857-1924, Polish-born British Novelist

"Why condemn me for taking a Lover with out marriage while you do so in marriage and break sacred vows?"

The Angels were all singing out of tune, and hoarse with having little else to do, excepting to wind up the sun and moon or curb a runaway young star or two.

Lord Byron 1788-1824, British Poet

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

I must down to the sea again, for the call of the running tide / Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied.”

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.

- Maxwell

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky; and all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.

John Masefield 1878-1967, British Poet and Novelist

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge, that myth is more potent that history. I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts - that hope always triumphs over experience - that laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death

This a quote from one of my Favorite movies: The Crow

A very good movie Jolliet. Here is another quote from another movie that is actually one of my favorites. Even named one of my cats after the movie, Willow.

Magic is the bloodstream of the universe. Forget all you know...or think you know. All that you require is your intuition. Now, the power to control the world is in which finger?

"there is a world

just around the corner of your mind,

where reality is an intruder

and dreams come true...

...you may escape into at will.

You need no secret password,

no magic wand or Aladdin's lamp;

only your own imagination

and curiosity...

about things

that never were."

michael page 1985

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

"Though justice be thy plea, remember this. If justice were served, we would none of us see salvation." William Shakespeare

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? Pulp Fiction

It is not the fact of liberty but the way in which liberty is exercised that ultimately determines whether liberty itself survives

“He's mad that trusts in the tameness of a wolf, a horse's health, a boy's love, or a whore's oath.”

William Shakespeare

Titim gan éirí ort.

Go mbeire an diabhal leis thú

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life.

Lord Byron

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage And then is heard no more; it is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying Nothing.

William Shakespeare