Post a quote me hearty's!

"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Walt Disney

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not need anything else than negligence to ensure that things will come to grief.

~ A. Maclaren

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

I was thinking on my mother today and our Native American Heritage so I thought I would post a couple of Native American quotes.

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

"I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself." - Lone Man (Isna-la-wica), Teton Sioux

Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins ~Unknown

Wisdom comes only when you stop looking for it and start living the life the Creator intended for you.

~Hopi

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

What fearful shapes and shadows beset his path, amidst the dim and ghastly glare of a snowy night!

With what wistful look did he eye every trembling ray of light streaming across the waste fields from some distant window!

How often was he appalled by some shrub covered with snow, which, like a sheeted specter, beset his very path!

How often did he shrink with curdling awe at the sound of his own steps on the frosty crust beneath his feet; and dread to look over his shoulder, lest he should behold some uncouth being tramping close behind him!

And how often was he thrown into complete dismay by some rushing blast, howling among the trees, in the idea that it was the Galloping Hessian on one of his nightly scouring!

- - - Washington Irving (a quote from "The Legend of Sleep Hollow")

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep... not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

~ Unknown

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,

Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,

As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.

" 'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door;

Only this, and nothing more."

Edgar Allen Poe, 1st Stanza of The Raven (and to think he was gonna use a parrot instead :o )

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day. ~Vincent Van Gogh

The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand.

~Frederick L. Knowles

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls. ~George Carlin,

Most glorious night!

Thou wert not sent for slumber!

~Lord Byron

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep... not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

~ Unknown

ROTDLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o:o

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.

Maya Angelou

Learning is not attained by chance. It must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.

Abigail Adams 1744-1818, American

Dawn seemed to follow midnight with indecent haste. ~J.K. Rowling

“If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like 'Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!' and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, 'That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice.' Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice.”-Jack Handey -

I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.

~Author Unknown

If a man harbors any sort of fear, it makes him landlord to a ghost.

~Lloyd Douglas

Stir the fire till it lowe

How like a queen comes forth the lonely Moon

From the slow opening curtains of the clouds

Walking in beauty to her midnight throne!

~George Croly

May Jack-o-lanterns burning bright

Of soft and golden hue

Pierce through the future’s veil and show

What fate now holds for you.

~Author Unknown

And yet a little tumult, now and then, is an agreeable quickener of sensation; such as a revolution, a battle, or an adventure of any lively description.

Lord Byron

"CAUTION - This cape does not enable wearer to fly"

~ Actual warning label on a Batman costume

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

“Trickery and treachery are the practices of fools that have not the wits enought to be honest”

Benjamin Franklin

"There are mysteries which men can only guess at, which age by age they may solve only in part."

Bram Stoker

Life and death appeared to me ideal bounds, which I should first break through, and pour a torrent of light into our dark world.

Mary Shelley

There was something awesome in the thought of the solitary mortal standing by the open window and summoning in from the gloom outside the spirits of the nether world.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

The instinctive act of humankind was to stand and listen, and learn how the trees on the right and the trees on the left wailed or chaunted to each other in the regular antiphonies of a cathedral choir; how hedges and other shapes to leeward then caught the note, lowering it to the tenderest sob; and how the hurrying gust then plunged into the south, to be heard no more.

Thomas Hardy

God is in my head, but the devil is in my pants.

Jonathan Winters

Evil comes to all us men of imagination wearing as its mask all the virtues.

William Butler Yeats

Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet.

Chinese Proverb

It thrilled through him when he first felt the keel answer to his hand on the spokes and slide over the long hollows as the foresail scythed back and forth against the blue sky.

Rudyard Kipling Captains Courageous

here are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin. -Linus Van Pelt in It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Tis now the very witching time of night, When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out Contagion to this world. -William Shakespeare

Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, Voices whisper in the trees, "Tonight is Halloween!" - Dexter Kozen

From The Rime of the Acient Mariner

The moving Moon went up the sky.

And nowhere did abide;

Softly she was going up,

And a star or two beside-

By Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834)

I saw the new moon late yestreen,

Wi' the auld moon in her arm:

And if ye gang to sea, maister,

I fear we'll suffer harm.

From the anonymous Scottish ballad Sir Patrick Spens

An utterly fearless man is a far more dangerous comrade than a coward. Herman Melville

Never trust a man who has no fear.

Anonymus

It is an old prerogative of kings to govern everything but their passions. Charles Dickens