Post a quote me hearty's!

My advice to you concerning applause is this:

Enjoy it, but never quite believe it.

Samuel Lover

celticcross.jpg

What more diversion can a man desire than to sit him down near a warm turf fire; Upon his knee a pretty wench and on the table a jug of punch... Irish Traditional Song

"And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgement I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who hase me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me among Thy saints ." Boondock Saints

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live.”

Socrates

Oh, by the way, D. Patrick Burke, I really like you avatar. I love that game, Alice. And the Cheshire Cat is one of my favorites.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

‘Well, then,’ the Cat went on, ‘you see a dog growls when it’s angry, and wags its tail when it’s pleased. Now I growl when I’m pleased, and wag my tail when I’m angry. Therefore I’m mad.’

The Cheshire Cat~Lewis Carroll B)chestitle2.jpg

celticcross.jpg

What more diversion can a man desire than to sit him down near a warm turf fire; Upon his knee a pretty wench and on the table a jug of punch... Irish Traditional Song

"And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgement I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who hase me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me among Thy saints ." Boondock Saints

BriarRose claps her hands in glee over D. Patrick Burkes quote and picture.

She does a little dance and then states this quote from Alice in Wonderland:

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

and another:

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

and:

"But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."

Lewis Carroll

(Thanks, you made my day D. Patrick Burke.) B)

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

'Curiouser and curiouser!' cried Alice.

'But then,' thought Alice. 'shall I never get any older than I am now? That'll be a comfort, one way--never to be an old woman--but then--always to have lessons to learn!'

`Who are YOU?' said the Caterpillar.

This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'

`Now, I give you fair warning,' shouted the Queen, stamping on the ground as she spoke; `either you or your head must be off, and that in about half no time! Take your choice!'

Is tric a bheothaich srad bheag teinne mor

A spark has often kindled a great fire.

Old Irish Proverb

celticcross.jpg

Nothing will compare with the early breaking of day upon the wide ocean.

Richard Henry Dana

from Two Years Before the Mast, 1840

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

There are in every generation those who shrink from the ultimate sacrifice, but there are in every generation those who make it with joy and laughter and these are the salt of the generations.

Patrick Henry Pearse

celticcross.jpg

"The seas are open wide and the winds may blow in as many directions our hearts desire... Tis how each lives their choices in life thet is the spice of it!"

Oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

"Dying is the day worth livin' for!".......Captain Hecter Barbossa

Sorry, it just seem to fit in with the above quotes. ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Life springs from death; and from the graves of patriotic men and women springs living nations.

celticcross.jpg

Once upon a time there was a piece of wood. It was not an expensive piece of wood. Far from it. Just a common block of firewood, one of those thick, solid logs that are put on the fire in winter to make cold rooms cozy and warm.

~Carlo Collodi

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.

~Benjamin Franklin

The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months!

~Edward Payson Powell

New Year's Day is every man's birthday.

~Charles Lamb

"...for he was wise enough to know that nothing ever happened on this globe, for good, at which some people did not have their fill of laughter in the outset; and knowing that such as these would be blind anyway, he thought it quite as well that they should wrinkle up their eyes in grins, as have the malady in less attractive forms. His own heart laughed: and that was enough for him."

He who dreams realizes the magic of life.

BriarRose

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down and beat you with experience.

~Unknown

celticcross.jpg

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down and beat you with experience.

~Unknown

:lol::lol::P So very True. Thanks for the laugh.

Irish Toast:

In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, never in want.

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

There is a dance hall in Maradyke,

Where my love goes, most every night.

He takes a strange girl upon his knee,

And don't you know, now, it vexes me!

And still she cried: "I love him the best!

But a troubled mind, sure, can know no rest."

And still she cried: "Bonny boys are few!

And if my love leaves me, what will I do?"

~ Traditional Irish folk song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fP84z9nUcY

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

The human race is governed by its imagination.

Napoleon Bonaparte

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be

a hundred minus one day,

so I never have to live without you."

-Winnie the Pooh

When I am with out you the days are so much longer and the nights so much colder.

anonymous

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray, you'll never know dear how much I love you, please don't take your sunshine away.

(the wee lad loves this song)